What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne Plane – Overpaid And Underperforming – Stats Comparison

Is Hayne overpaid?

• Yes

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

OldPanther

Coach
When, like Rapana, it doesn't matter what number he wears he outplays the Wingers and Centres opposite him. He was the best Back for Qld in Origin I and will be the best Centre on the field in Origin II

I'm pretty sure he's been tried at centre before at club level and sucked. Best on the field? This sounds like fandom rather than objective analysis.

POPEYE

Coach
I'm pretty sure he's been tried at centre before at club level and sucked. Best on the field? This sounds like fandom rather than objective analysis.
We'll have to wait and see ol'mate . . . if you reckon Gagai has 'sucked' in any position he's played there's sfa chance we'll agree on anything

sandshark

Bench
Jarred Hayne is probably one of the most heavily scrutinized players. Sometimes it all becomes ridicolous.

His Origin game showed what kind of player he is. He is one of the games elite players that much can't be doubted.

When he was at parra he was the whole team. It was up to him to do everything. That would be why his stats were better at parra. He was also responsible for a large number of freakish plays. But that pass the ball to jarred and expect him to do everything approach came at cost, parra didn't make the finals in his last 5 years there.

When he first came back, the criticism was that jarred was trying too hard. That he kept getting the ball at the detriment to ash Taylor. That titans had falled trap to, 'give it to hayne and it will happen'. So then he seemingly tried to take a step back and let the likes of Taylor, elgey and Roberts take control. Then he is accused of being dis-interested, not taking control etc. His love-hate relationship with the media doesn't help. He can be accused of not having dig and also trying to much and getting in the way of the halves in the same game sometimes.
At his time at parra he never had anyone feed him quality ball, he never had anyone that can take control of the team so he can focus on his own role. Slater has smith and cronk for example. If titans can get Taylor Roberts and elegey running things then use Hayne on top of that then they will be a danger side. But it's gonna take time to develop. Meanwhile everyone wants hayne to take over and do more, and that would be to the detriment of the Taylor, elgey, hayne combination.
He's origin game showed that he is often lazy at club level but can dominate at rep level.
Mind you he was against O'Neil so you have to take that into case when bringing that game into it.
He is cancer and a healthy club would do well to steer clear of Hayne, his ego and the baggage that comes with him.

OldPanther

Coach
He's origin game showed that he is often lazy at club level but can dominate at rep level.
Mind you he was against O'Neil so you have to take that into case when bringing that game into it.
He is cancer and a healthy club would do well to steer clear of Hayne, his ego and the baggage that comes with him.

Well look at the Titans. Looked to be a really good club that was developing until Hayne showed up.

He wasn't that great in origin and it's rumored he'll square off against chambers in game 2 who'll give him a much better challenge.

Saxon

Bench
I think the most accurate description of Hayne that I have ever heard was from a mate's grandfather.

"Brad Fittler", he said, "or Reg Gasnier. They could cruise through a game doing just enough, then they would pick their moments and be match winners. Hayne thinks he's them - and he ain't; coz his 'cruising' is dropping anchor and throwing a line over the side."

OldPanther

Coach
I think the most accurate description of Hayne that I have ever heard was from a mate's grandfather.

"Brad Fittler", he said, "or Reg Gasnier. They could cruise through a game doing just enough, then they would pick their moments and be match winners. Hayne thinks he's them - and he ain't; coz his 'cruising' is dropping anchor and throwing a line over the side."

That's the greatest way to describe these players I've heard.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I'll chuck a quick poll out there. Ash taylor throws a dummy and makes an awesome break , beats two chasing him and pops a pass to Hurrell who is stopped in his tracks by the fullback but still manages to get a miracle offload to Hayne who has finally caught up with the play and trots untouched over the line. Does he,
A. Do the Hayne plane and celebrates like he is a future immortal or
B. Celebrates but then gives ash and konny a pat on the back for their awesome work

justdave

Juniors
I'm still not sure why he thought he had to do that the arrogant twat. Of course you go and thank your teammates for setting it up for you