What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne Plane – Overpaid And Underperforming – Stats Comparison

Is Hayne overpaid?

• Yes

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
It seems like Hayne's ego is out of control. After one of his worst ever performances on Wednesday night he turns into a flat track bully against the woeful Tigers but still celebrates on his own like he has the ball on a string...

T-Boon

Coach
Hayne gave an interview after the game the other day. He actually answered some questions.
Talked about as he gets older its hard to recover from a game like last Wednesday because he has to rehydrate by drinking 10, 12 litres of water but then its hard to piss it out because his muscles are fatigued.
Its like he has some personality of something. Just shut up Jarryd you big show pony. The correct answer is "one week at a time" or "credit to the boys" or just a grunt and a laugh.

sandshark

Bench
Hayne gave an interview after the game the other day. He actually answered some questions.
Talked about as he gets older its hard to recover from a game like last Wednesday because he has to rehydrate by drinking 10, 12 litres of water but then its hard to piss it out because his muscles are fatigued.
Its like he has some personality of something. Just shut up Jarryd you big show pony. The correct answer is "one week at a time" or "credit to the boys" or just a grunt and a laugh.
Was he this bad before he left to go to the US? Never noticed the huge ego until the media dropped to their knees.

POPEYE

Coach
Was he this bad before he left to go to the US? Never noticed the huge ego until the media dropped to their knees.
Hayne has never been a team player, an extraordinary talent dedicated to his own gratification first and foremost. He took the Eels along for the ride in '09 but that was just coincidental in a career that thrives on media injections.

A psychoanalyst might say he had a point to prove to his father which would excuse his self preoccupation

T-Boon

Coach
Hayne actually comes out pretty well when you compare him to his athletic contemporaries. Guys like Greg Inglis, Karmichael Hunt, Izzy Folau, Benji Marshall, Krishna Inu, Feleti Matteo, Darius Boyd, SBW, Foran, James Maloney...

How would people rank these guys in terms of on and off field greed or "team player"?

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Quality side topic in here where QLDers demonstrate they (understandably) don't watch Knights games.

Hawkins

Juniors
I vote yes.

They are not meat Puppets and if they can get a little more cash good for them. Careers over for most after mid 30's except the handful in commentary and the handful more in coaching.

Do I like Hayne? nope

And I don't really care for a few others on your list Cam Smith I'm looking at you motherf**ker.

But if you can get a little more now so what. Hayne is a name and probably makes the Titan's faithful more erect that he plays on there team.

Also Its not what you make on your contract that counts. Its also what you make under the table, Cam Smith I'm looking at you motherf**ker.