What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drag Queen

Bench
Quite simply - there is a legal process that must be respected.
Any conjecture is premature.
I find it odd that the claim(s) are made 30-40 years after the alleged event.
Langlands is entitled to be presumed innocent until proven otherwise.
BTW he is also my all time favourite St. George footballer and I am sad to see this case tarnish his legacy.
Totally agree. I also liked Rolf Harris. My bad.

Old Timer

Coach
Couldn't possibly be true then. Don't lose sleep over it OT. Langlands is an impossible case given he has full blown dementia. Failed to front court. One of my girls is on the prosecution team. I can't say any more.
Again you manage to read my position incorrectly.
If he is guilty then throw everything at him as he would be deserving of it however if proven not guilty the smear will always be attached to him by people like you with there "nudge, nudge, wink, wink mentality"
If your daughter is on the prosecution team and she has leaked information to you then that IMO is complete breakdown in the legal system and she should immediately stand down.
I note you say "failed to front court" rather than "was not able to attend court" so you are pretty biased already.
I have seen nothing in the press to verify your assertion that there is more than 1 claimant so please post the link so we can be as up to date as you are.

Drag Queen

Bench
Again you manage to read my position incorrectly.
If he is guilty then throw everything at him as he would be deserving of it however if proven not guilty the smear will always be attached to him by people like you with there "nudge, nudge, wink, wink mentality"
If your daughter is on the prosecution team and she has leaked information to you then that IMO is complete breakdown in the legal system and she should immediately stand down.
I note you say "failed to front court" rather than "was not able to attend court" so you are pretty biased already.
I have seen nothing in the press to verify your assertion that there is more than 1 claimant so please post the link so we can be as up to date as you are.
My daughter tells me nothing OT. She abides the rules professionally. It's usually after the verdict has gone down, just like the Ben McCormack case that I hear about what went down.. In this instance a judge I know well, says Langlands will be let off due to mental incapacity. This should please you.

Last edited:

ST Tangles 01

Juniors
Keep the legend alive guys. He now has the mental capacity of a two year old.

His legend as you say has already been tarnished by these accusations that he will not get a chance to defend.

I'm not ready to throw someone under the bus for what has not been proven despite what someone on the prosecution team might say.
If you knew someone on the defence team you would get a different story.
Without due process unfortunately we may never know the truth either way.

possm

Coach
My stance on nrl players being accused of sex crimes and DV is that they should hold a press conference and say "I am innocent of the charges laid against me and intend to prove so I'm a court of law. However, in solidarity with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, I am standing myself down from football until the court proceedings are complete".
Innocent men are on a hiding to nothing. Over the years I have seen ladder climbing dolly birds do their stuff and when the promotion/job does not go their way, cry rape.

The only fair way to treat these cases is to set up a special court where the process is kept secret until judgement is delivered. Any claims or assertions made public would result in the matter being dismissed. Make such court action handled as a matter of urgency. If there is a guilty verdict the name of the accuser to be kept secret but the name of the guilty person be published. If the verdict is not guilty, then the case is dismissed and no information to be published.

In this way, the reputation of all concerned is protected.

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
His legend as you say has already been tarnished by these accusations that he will not get a chance to defend.

I'm not ready to throw someone under the bus for what has not been proven despite what someone on the prosecution team might say.
Do you think his accusers have nothing to gain? Ever considered closure? This isn't about money. Too bad his brain is gone, or maybe it's a good thing. He won't do jail time which should make you happy.

Old Timer

Coach
My daughter tells me nothing OT. She abides the rules professionally. It's usually after the verdict has gone down, just like the Ben McCormack case that I hear about what went down.. In this instance a judge I know well says Langlands will be let off due to mental incapacity. This should please you.
FMD you are thick at times.
If he is guilty I don't want him "let off" for any reason whatsoever including mental capacity.
If there is sufficient evidence then prosecute him, find him guilty and then determine the punishment based on his mental and physical capacity.
Your inference is that he is guilty (yet to be proven) and that he will be let off (yet to happen) due to his mental capacity.
Then somehow you construe that I would be happy tho see him walk if guilty.
You have made up your mind on a heap of rumours you are evidently priviliged to hear yet there are no "facts" yet established or proven.
Because I wish to see justice served for all parties doesn't make me the apologist you seem to think I am.

Drag Queen

Bench

Seriously? Never mind.. I've gone over this shit in a previous thread,

ST Tangles 01

Juniors
Do you think his accusers have nothing to gain? Ever considered closure? This isn't about money. Too bad his brain is gone, or maybe it's a good thing. He won't do jail time which should make you happy.

You must not be reading my posts correctly.

You have a clear bias towards his guilt.

I on the other hand have no information as to his guilt or innocence.

I wish they both would be able to have their day in court this is all I have stated.

To say I would be happy that he doesn't spend a day in jail is just ridiculous.

If this went to court and was proven then I would be all for that.

Drag Queen

Bench
You must not be reading my posts correctly.

You have a clear bias towards his guilt.

I on the other hand have no information as to his guilt or innocence.

I wish they both would be able to have their day in court this is all I have stated.

To say I would be happy that he doesn't spend a day in jail is just ridiculous.

If this went to court and was proven then I would be all for that.
Did I say he would to jail time. Nope. Do I have a bias towards his guilt? That would be a yes.

ST Tangles 01

Juniors
Did I say he would to jail time. Nope. Do I have a bias towards his guilt? That would be a yes.

I have to agree with OT's comments around your arguments.

You don't read what we are saying and adjust it to suit you're narrative.

You think we are against the accuser nothing could be further from the truth.

We don't know what happened and neither do you unless someone has told you something that is not yet public knowledge.

Drag Queen

Bench
I have shown the article that contends 1 accuser only.
You insist there are 3 separate accusers then please post the media release that confirms that is the case.
The only thing that matters is that justice is served and that will be reliant upon facts of which you are yet to produce any despite your constant assertions and innuendo.
Time will tell. Go ahead with what you've got OT. BTW Xmas blessing to you and yours Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.