What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne walking out on Titans.

T-Boon

Coach
If it is true Hayne has taken a 700k pay cut then I think we are going to see a very motivated player at the Eels. Last time he took that sort of pay cut was to join the NFL and he went on to prove the world wrong out of pure guts and determination. Hayne plus determination equals Dally Ms.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Serious question

If he was on a current $1.2mil contract, why has the NRL allowed another club to sign him for $500k?

I thought they wouldn’t register players for less then their real value?

Or is that only in the case of certain clubs?

Life's Good

Coach
Serious question

If he was on a current $1.2mil contract, why has the NRL allowed another club to sign him for $500k?

This is the peace pipe for not allowing them to sign Izzy.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Serious question

Especially a club that only a year ago was done for salary cap breaches.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Serious question

Coz the titans value was actually 800k before TPA and titans chipped in 200k (net 700k), he's not joining Parra till January

You're welcome

GongPanther

Referee
Did Hayne set the world on fire with the Titans? Honesty,the only highlights were when the TV commentary blew loads if and when he decided to touch the ball.Sure,he scored in a couple of good tries,congratulations Hayne for doing your job that you are paid to do.

Over the past few weeks,Foxsports has been showing games with certain players featured.In comparison,all these players were light years ahead in effort compared to Hayne.Hayne will purely be a marketing tool,as Parra fans will be scrambling for his jersey for next season,only for it to join the limited set that will go with his S.F. strip.

The_Shield

Juniors
Coz the titans value was actually 800k before TPA and titans chipped in 200k (net 700k), he's not joining Parra till January

You're welcome
Titans aren’t chipping in anything. Titans granted his release in November, he won’t be getting money from them for December and January. He has already joined Parra, he just won’t start training til January

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Titans aren’t chipping in anything. Titans granted his release in November, he won’t be getting money from them for December and January. He has already joined Parra, he just won’t start training til January

Keep believing that buddy

T-Boon

Coach
Serious question

The NRL got rid of that. The previous salary cap auditor tried to bring it in but realised the clubs didn't like it. In fact Parra were the only club hurt by it when Izzy was rejected.
Didn't the Roosters sign Ferguson for about $20?

Showtime

Juniors
If it is true Hayne has taken a 700k pay cut then I think we are going to see a very motivated player at the Eels. Last time he took that sort of pay cut was to join the NFL and he went on to prove the world wrong out of pure guts and determination. Hayne plus determination equals Dally Ms.

He was used as a marketing tool by the 49ers in a season where they were no chance of winning anything. They're a horrible organisation who were looking for a positive.

I don't think he proved the world wrong, a couple of Australians maybe. He walked away from pre season trials with a half decent highlight reel which was an achievement in itself however we all know what happened once the real stuff kicked off.

Latest posts