What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazem El Masri

Razor

Coach
I've heard different reasons on why he wasn't picked in the Roo squad. Was wondering which was correct.

I heard that since the Roo tour was on the same time as the Meditarainian Cup he couldn't represent both Lebanon & Australia, and he would rather play for Lebanon than Australia

I also heard on a different radio station that he would rather play for Australia, but wasn't picked in the Australian squad.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Considering Sing and Minichiello should be the first choice for wing positions- I don't know why he'd have needed to be looked at. Even Tahu and Lewis are probably better wingers for the Kangaroo style of play. El Masri's a great goal-kicker, but he's not much of a winger.

Personally I think he should just be eligible for Lebanon. In the same vein it irritated me that Tuqiri could play for Australia and Fiji. One or the other.

Chris

PB

Bench
although i won't be as blunt, Savage is essentially correct. You have to be able to do more than dive on grubber kicks in order to be regarded as one of the better wingers in the competition.

In-goal

Bench
Big Daryll just kicked goals, atleast no one thought more of him than that.

Hazem is a good player but not Kangaroo material if you know what i mean.