What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hazlewood the world's best paceman

TIGER14

Bench
Australian quick Josh Hazlewood has reached a career-high in the ICC rankings and is now the highest-ranked fast bowler in the world

Australia's Josh Hazlewood is officially the world's number one Test fast bowler, according the International Cricket Council's latest player rankings.

Hazlewood, who claimed seven wickets in the Sydney Test against Pakistan, has moved up two spots to a career high of third, behind only Indian spin duo Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja.

Hazlewood has moved ahead of South Africa's Dale Steyn, while teammate Mitchell Starc (10th) is the only other Australian in the top 10 list.

Spinner Nathan Lyon is ranked 18th and fellow tweaker Steve O'Keefe has reached a career high of 64th.

Proteas paceman Kagiso Rabada has also achieved a career-best ranking of eighth, moving up nine spots after taking 10-92 against Sri Lanka in Cape Town this week.

Australia's Steve Smith has held on to top spot in the batting rankings and is 58 points clear of India's Virat Kohli in second place.

David Warner (fifth) is the only other Australian in the top 10, while Usman Khawaja (up two places to 11th) and Peter Handscomb (up 17 spots to 38th) have reached career-best rankings. Opener Matt Renshaw, who scored his maiden Test ton in Sydney, is a career-best 53rd.

AEC5E847CEBA4AF99E1AD364757A414C.ashx

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/josh...nking-icc-test-match-rankings-list/2017-01-08

Red Bear

Referee
He is very good. How he goes in the sub continent wil be interesting (struggled a bit in Sri Lanka) but love the consistency he is now bowling with, feels like the first time since McGrath weve had this sort of bowler (he's a bit different to McGrath, but more swing, but the consistent line and length stands out).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hardly surprised, i've been saying for ages how good he is. India will be a big test for him though.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'd like to see him get a big haul, really go through a team like Ambrose, Mcgrath etc could do.

He'd definitely be in a world XI and on the way to being a very good fast bowler.

I think world fast bowling stocks are at a very low ebb atm.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Will he continue to climb the rankings whilst in India will be the big question.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It'll be very hard work for him in India. I think Starc is more likely to have success there with his fuller length with his pace and swing. Similar to Sri Lanka.

Regardless, Hazlewood deserves the lofty ranking. Post Bellerive he toiled away brilliantly on some very good pitches and consistently took 3-4 wickets per innings for few runs.

A super reliable bowler who every captain would love in his team.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
How do these stupid rankings even work,Neil Wagner had the best bowing average by far of any fast bowler in 2016 and he's not even in the top 10 lol

Wagner 41 wickets at 21.04

Bazal

Post Whore
How do these stupid rankings even work,Neil Wagner had the best bowing average by far of any fast bowler in 2016 and he's not even in the top 10 lol

Wagner 41 wickets at 21.04

I think they're cumulative....?