What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

There's something to said for watching Rugby League in England. I've been to a couple of games up north (Huddersfield and Hull KR), it was quite different to watching it here in Australia - but definitely a great day out on both occasions. For an Australian, it put a whole new emphasis on it being a winter sport. lol

Last year I was lucky enough to go the Challenge Cup Final at Wembley. There were about 2000 fans at the Green Man pub beforehand. They were drinking, singing and incredibly well behaved, Then, to the ground and to see a 60,000+ crowd of Rugby League supporters in soccer's heartland, it is a sight to behold. If anyone ever gets the chance to do the same, I say go for it.

Are you a UK local to Willow? Should link up over here some time and watch a Saints game.

I enjoyed the World Club Challenge games Ive been too over here, 2013 Storm and Leeds was a good one and the 2015 series where Saints, Bunnies and Broncos came over was a good one too.

I agree with every thing you just said about the Challenge Cup final at Wembley. I was lucky enough to have media passes to the 2013 game (I was doing some local Rugby League journalism that year for a new defunct Aussie paper) and that atmosphere was insane, without a doubt the most defining crowd I have ever seen in my life! So much so I had to block my ears as I went to my seats.
What I liked most about it was that it was a real day out for fans of the game. All the Northerners coming down to London to just watched a good game of footy, regardless of what team was in it. Very good day out for anyone that gets the chance.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Are you a UK local to Willow?
No, home is on the Gold Coast. Just been traveling, and been to the UK a number of times.

Very happy to meet up though. Just might be a year or two away.

Be sure to let us know if your travels bring you into the warmer regions.

Latest posts