What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help on a Golden Oldie

Iafeta

Referee
I have a question, does anyone know a site where I can get information on a player from the "golden era". Not a household name as such, but a first grade player who played in premiership winning sides for Saints.

He happens to be one of my employees, and I wouldn't mind surprising him in our nationwide company magazine with a story on him.

Iafeta

Referee
Thanks mate.

I actually did see that.

I looked him up, but there is only his name and # of appearances. This particular bloke is as humble as they come, an extremely hard working employee who's approaching retirement - it'd be nice to give him a surprise and have his story known to all our employees across Australia.

His name is Trevor Levin.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Iafeta, if you can't get enough from the link, PM me the name and I'll see what else we've got to help with the story.
Cheers.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Trevor Levin only played about 4 games for St George in 1966, not much to go on. He played more first grade games (about 15) with Cronulla between 1967-69.

He was listed as a replacement in the 1966 Grand Final (for prop foward Robin Gourley). I'd be interested to know if he actually played that day.

What does he do nowadays Iafeta?

Iafeta

Referee
One of his appearances for Saints it lists as being as a replacement, so may very well have.

Trevor is in the liquid waste industry these days as a driver.

Iafeta said:
This particular bloke is as humble as they come, an extremely hard working employee who's approaching retirement - it'd be nice to give him a surprise and have his story known to all our employees across Australia.

You really want to suprise him, hire a stripper.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cheers mate, always good to get any added info.
Not bad going after just 4 first grade games.

Latest posts