What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Save Villeneuve XIII (French founder)

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Unfortunately the founding club of French Rugby League has fallen on tough times and could do with the support of rugby league fans the world over. They have launched a funding drive and you can contribute, whilst at the same time picking up some great gear as a reward for your help (t-shirts, balls, plaque inscriptions).

Here is the link:

https://www.bulbintown.com/projects...ds=10205409510662122&fb_action_types=og.likes

Last edited:

langpark

First Grade
1,400eu in the first 24-hours in not a bad start. Just another 28,600 to go!

I hope Rugby League fans can pull together and make this happen. The Danny Jones fundraiser shows what big things we can achieve when we all rally together!

langpark

First Grade
Here's an English explanation I found online:

A €10 donation will get your name forever inscribed on a plaque at their stadium, while €25 gets you a T-Shirt that was made to commemorate the club's 80-year anniversary.

So it's quite simple really, just click where you see 10eu, or 25eu, based on which option you want.

There are more options, but they are for local fans only. Things like tickets to matches, events etc...

phonetic

Juniors
I emailed to ask if they'd send jerseys to AU for €70 + some modest postage fees. If not il just chip in a tenner for my name on the plaque.

langpark

First Grade
Seems to be gaining a bit of momentum! Bravo to all who have contributed!!

28i989u.jpg

Storm13

Juniors
If I were to select the €10 donation for the name inscribe on a plaque and select x3 will that give me an option for three names???

Bronco Rob

Juniors
I've bought a polo shirt but obviously futile if they don't get the funds targeted. These sorts of fundraising methods are a gamble, so it's either get the target or lose the whole lot?

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Bump.

Up to 13000€ now.

After a legal victory this week to avoid outright liquidation, Villeneuve has managed to negotiate an extended debt repayment with its creditors - a light at the end of the tunnel. The crowdfunding campaign is going reasonably well but needs a good boost to get it to the desired target.

Have you done your bit to help save one of the most historical rugby league entities in its hour of need?

https://www.bulbintown.com/projects/1-2 ... s=og.likes

25€ gets you a t-shirt
50€ gets you a signed football

other options are available

Takes about 1-2 minutes with a bank card, and improves your french at the same time.

Allez!

Last edited:

langpark

First Grade
A valiant effort by Villeneuve indeed! They seem to be doing a lot of offline fundraising too, which I assume they are then adding on to this total.

It's a real shame they do not have a home match until round 3. Would have been a good way to get fans and local businesses behind the campaign (I'm sure they already are, but with the euphoria of a match and a crowd, some might get carried away and donate more than they initially intended).

I hope they reach the target and that measures are in place to ensure their long-term viability.

langpark

First Grade
They've almost hit the 20,000 mark with 13 days left.

Surely they'll extend the deadline again. If they add another month on, then they just might reach their target!

langpark

First Grade
€22,961 (77%) and it's meant to be ending at midnight tonight!

Surely they'll extend it another month! They're too close to stop now!