What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here just post your best 17

Rsag85

Bench
Lol, well yeah he's bulked up a lot in the last couple of seasons So he's not as small as he was. I much prefer Clark in the side over Tyrrell. Clark has that fight in him I believe. He really knows what SOUTHS is about being a junior and everything plus marching for us. He's seen the highs and lows and wears his heart on his sleeve so to speak.

Clark has lost any pace he had due to bulking up and can no longer play in the back row, plus Sam is our lock. So he has to play prop. Where would you play him Rsag???? (Don't say Norths, I mean position wise???)

He gets through his defensive work well does Clark.

In his hit ups if he gives us 9 hit ups for 70metres well then he has done his job along with his 25 tackles. Madge usually just gives Clark 25-30mins a week.

If Clark is only making 40metres in matches for us this season then he will be dropped.

I wouldn't have him in the side but if I had to it would be off the bench coming on as a 2nd row/lock

DiegoNT

First Grade
The twins bend the line when they run
Well they did a few years ago.
Props have a simple but also hard job to do.
They have to make metres and create momentum.
They have to be dominate A defenders, control the line speed.
They have to do the shit hit-ups. For example if a team gets a tap inside the 20m line it's usually a prop who takes the first hit up, usually towards the posts. If late in the count the halves need a settler while the backline get sets, the prop usually takes it. You see someone like reynolds usually drops the prop with an inside ball. Thats so the 2nd rowers can be used in backline moves with the centres and wingers.
There's a lot of unseen decoy walk. Even in sitautions like the last tackle you'll usually have the props go through as a decoy/blocker to take pressure off a kicker.
Props are even now called on to start backline movements. A prop will take it up like a normal hit up before turning and passing to a half or fullback sweeping around to start a backline movement.
There's a lot of work involved in being a prop, most people only notice the make metres and momentum part. And at their best the twins are great at that. But they are below average on every other part of being a prop. That's why clark and tyrrell played a huge part in our premiership. They doubled up on the shit hit ups and settlers. They done all the decoy work. They are the ones called on to start a backline move because the twins can't literally pass. It was usually a clark or tyrrell who were at the A defender position with Sam to control the defence. They did all the extra work in those positions so the twins could just focus on making good runs and creating momentum. And the Twins of course get noticed, and people read the end of game stats and see clark and tyrrell and see they only made 80m and of course they are accussed of not putting in because the twins were making 120-130m per game. But it's not as simple as that, and the coach knows it which is why clark and tyrrell have been selected a lot by maguire. It's not because they are 'his pets', it's because they do so much for the team.
Now the twins aren't playing as good anymore, they aren't bending the linw and they aren't making as many metres, and people point the finger at clark and tyrrell for not being stronger runners and not helping out. Tyrrell and clark are still upholding their part, it's the twins that are the ones not helping out by doing their fair share. If they did, then we wouldn't have to play players like tyrrell and clark who double up on the shit work to cover for the twins and we can play props who are better runners

rabbitohs95

Bench
Well they did a few years ago.
Props have a simple but also hard job to do.
They have to make metres and create momentum.
They have to be dominate A defenders, control the line speed.
They have to do the shit hit-ups. For example if a team gets a tap inside the 20m line it's usually a prop who takes the first hit up, usually towards the posts. If late in the count the halves need a settler while the backline get sets, the prop usually takes it. You see someone like reynolds usually drops the prop with an inside ball. Thats so the 2nd rowers can be used in backline moves with the centres and wingers.
There's a lot of unseen decoy walk. Even in sitautions like the last tackle you'll usually have the props go through as a decoy/blocker to take pressure off a kicker.
Props are even now called on to start backline movements. A prop will take it up like a normal hit up before turning and passing to a half or fullback sweeping around to start a backline movement.
There's a lot of work involved in being a prop, most people only notice the make metres and momentum part. And at their best the twins are great at that. But they are below average on every other part of being a prop. That's why clark and tyrrell played a huge part in our premiership. They doubled up on the shit hit ups and settlers. They done all the decoy work. They are the ones called on to start a backline move because the twins can't literally pass. It was usually a clark or tyrrell who were at the A defender position with Sam to control the defence. They did all the extra work in those positions so the twins could just focus on making good runs and creating momentum. And the Twins of course get noticed, and people read the end of game stats and see clark and tyrrell and see they only made 80m and of course they are accussed of not putting in because the twins were making 120-130m per game. But it's not as simple as that, and the coach knows it which is why clark and tyrrell have been selected a lot by maguire. It's not because they are 'his pets', it's because they do so much for the team.
Now the twins aren't playing as good anymore, they aren't bending the linw and they aren't making as many metres, and people point the finger at clark and tyrrell for not being stronger runners and not helping out. Tyrrell and clark are still upholding their part, it's the twins that are the ones not helping out by doing their fair share. If they did, then we wouldn't have to play players like tyrrell and clark who double up on the shit work to cover for the twins and we can play props who are better runners
Great post Diego

Rsag85

Bench
Oh so let's just blame it all on Madge and Bryson.

You've got me laughing now.

Madge picks the side right or wrong? He trained the not as hard as previous years right or wrong? Madge has a word in who we sign and who to keep (Eg Goodwin) right or wrong?

Answer those questions then we will see who is laughing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Madge picks the side right or wrong? He trained the not as hard as previous years right or wrong? Madge has a word in who we sign and who to keep (Eg Goodwin) right or wrong?

GOODWIN right.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Wouldn't mind seeing Clark start the game at prop and get more impact off the bench with Musgrave and one of the twins.

In my opinion this is our best squad (probably have already posted but my mind keeps changing)

1. Greg Inglis (c)
2. Alex Johnston
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Aaron Gray
5. Bryson Goodwin/Braidon Burns
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Tom Burgess
9. Robbie Farah
10. Zane Musgrove
11. Kyle Turner
12. John Sutton
13. Sam Burgess

14. Damien Cook
15. Jason Clark
16. Robbie Rochow/Angus Crichton
17. George Burgess
That side looks correct. I wouldn't have Burns on standby though.

For 18th man I would have Crichton and 19th man Jennings.

callmack1

Staff member
Guys, can we please not make this another personal argument. You have differing views which is fine. You know where each other stand so. Let's not make this into another big deal when it shouldn't be.

rabbitohs95

Bench
That side looks correct. I wouldn't have Burns on standby though.

For 18th man I would have Crichton and 19th man Jennings.
Fair enough. At training however Burns was with the 'best' side and Jennings on the reserves so I'm inclined to believe Burns will be ahead of Jennings.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well of course Madge selects the 17 each week.

I'm not in the inner sanctum so it's hard to comment but strong word was Madge had to ease the training up as the players were buggered from the overload.

Yes Madge has a say in who goes and stays and he does value Bryson as you know.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Burns was there with AJ at fullback.GI was not running with the top side
I know but still, if Jennings was in a higher pecking order he would have been there instead of Burns.

So as it stands it's pretty much

1. GI
2. AJ
3. Hunt
4. Gray
5. Goodwin

18. Burns
19 Jennings

Rsag85

Bench
Well of course Madge selects the 17 each week.

I'm not in the inner sanctum so it's hard to comment but strong word was Madge had to ease the training up as the players were buggered from the overload.

Yes Madge has a say in who goes and stays and he does value Bryson as you know.

When Glenn Stewart was side he had a cry that Madge trained us to hard blah blah blah. He named Madge. I believe we got another Glenn Stewart in Robbie Farah and I've talked to a former team mate of his and let me just tell you Robbie has a massive ego that he needs to work on fast.

callmack1

Staff member
When Glenn Stewart was side he had a cry that Madge trained us to hard blah blah blah. He named Madge. I believe we got another Glenn Stewart in Robbie Farah and I've talked to a former team mate of his and let me just tell you Robbie has a massive ego that he needs to work on fast.
True but unlike the Tigers, we have a lot of players and staff that can sort Robbie out and bring him back down to earth.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I believe Robbie will be good for us.

Madge won't tolerate crap anyway.

Remember, Eddie his brother is at the club too so I think he will have his feet firmly on the ground Robbie with head down trying to prove a point to the doubters and make origin.

We've got Cook on his heels too which is good.

You may be right though, time will tell.