What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hey sullyfan

Anonymous

Juniors
lol... Have a look at this:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/viewtopic.php?t=32602

Some Sharks fans are embarrassing themselves with one of those 'I'm not blaming the ref but...' excuse-a-thons.

Outright whinging with stuff like 'We'd have won today with a fair go'.

Some are claiming that we got 12 points by default.

And the classic... the ref must have been crap because Gus Gould was 'flabbergasted'. :lol:

LOL, he was poor though, Willow. Or are we only allowed to criticise the ref when he does change the result of the game?

If so, where the fun in that? :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
I'll say this Dean, I haven't watched the tape yet but from where I was standing, it amazed me how the Sharks got away with those professional fouls... two in the space of sixty seconds. Saints would have scored for sure. They still looked like they were going to score when Hampstead pinned us for an incorrect play the ball. Very petty and he was determined that we were not going to score in that set.
He also allowed the Sharks plenty of latitude in slowing down play.
And I'm keen to have another look at Sharks try where there's a question mark regarding a foot put into touch.

Sure the ref was ordinary but it works both ways. Blaming the ref with cries of 'even Gould was flabbergasted' is at best, laughable. :lol:

I missed the professional fouls (damned kid :lol: ) so can't comment there.

The incorrect play-the-ball - well, we were very stretched, I'm sure you would have scored had it been allowed to go on. It was nowhere near straight but they often get let go. It seemed to me that every little play-the-ball infringement got picked up yesterday. No problem with that if they do it every game but the play-the-ball becomes flavour of the month with refs and then forgotten about for another six months.

The foot in touch - when you see the tape, I think you have to give the benefit of the doubt. There is no way IMO that you can call it as having touched the line at any point. Admittedly the camera angles aren't ideal.

Anyway, as I've said elsewhere, I don't think Hampstead changed the result but I do think he got a lot of things wrong. Maybe it was something in the tea at Ref's HQ as he was hardly the only ref to have a shocker this weekend.