What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hidden Secrets

This topic came up at a recent camping trip we (18 of us) took recently, seated around the fire, and proved to be a real eye opener and alot of fun. So I thought I'll give it a try here... I'm in one of "those" moods.
Reveal one thing, and one thing only,about yourself that others may find interesting, shocking or just amazed to know about you? A fact that the rest may never have thought of.Let the rest of us be the judge of your revelation...however insignificant or small you may think it is.

I'll go first:
I repeated year 7 twice! No joke! Please don't ask me to elaborate :) (I can here it all ready "It explains alot fan-baller")
'fan-baller

imported_GavBT

Juniors
I have few hang ups. One is a fear of insects, especially flying things. The buzz of a fly, wasp or bee freaks me out. Kamikaze moths turn me to jelly.
emdgust.gif

So I guess that puts me in the big jessy category.

K

Kiwi

Don't know if many people have seen my art work. Here is a sample of a quick sketch or doodle if you like, if you haven't.

Well that might not seem like much, but i'll let you in on something. I have arthritis in my right hand / wrist, my hand shakes 50% of the time, and I can't sign my own name when it does, my hand also has a circulation problem, meaning it is swollen 24/7, my wrist has been known to click loud enough to be heard from another room in the house ( extremely painful when it happens ), all ligaments a shot in my right wrist beyond repair, and you guessed it ...I'm right handed and still draw better than you see above.

How does that rate..

I saw your webpage awhile back Kiwi when you told the forum about it, andyour art workimpressed me very much then mate. Now knowing that you have a dissability (if that's the appropriate word to use), I'm even moreso impressed. Well done mate.
Is your Arthritis a result of an injury you sustainedor degenerative? I sustained a fall/knock years ago and had to have pins in my 'acetabullum' installed.My orthepedic surgeon reccomended I take Glucosimine tabs since to (try) and avoid the onset of Arthritis latter on in life due to bone damageand cartilageloss I sustained in the fall. I have been doing so for a number of years now with no problem whatsoever. I don't know what the future holds though.I'm wondering if you take it yourself or if it may help you indeed? Have you heard of it mate?It's expensive but hey, if it helps, right?Best of luck anyhow mate.

I once (1988) held the NSW South-WestUnder 90kg Bench Press record with a 162.5kg single press without the use of wraps or a power lifting 'suit' performed at the South-West Power Lifting Chapionships at Steve's Gym in Cabramatta. Thosewho train will know what that means and amounts to.
Raging Bulldog

imported_GavBT

Juniors
I once came bottom in my class at maths.

I failed my 11 plus exam - mind you, only one person out of our class passed.

I won the arts prize at Calder High school for 1969.

I have a plectrum which once (allegedly) belonged to Paul McCartney.

S

SpaceMonkey

Still on the maths theme, I gained a distinction (top 2% in Australia and NZ with a 98% score) in the Australian maths competition at school.I then failed6th form maths two years running! All this goes to prove is that it is possible to fluke a multichoice test with good guesses,especially when you don't read the instructions and aren'taware that you can be penalised for wrong answers!!
I also have elbows which bend backwards about 20 degrees past the horizontal, which tends to make people sick when I demonstrate it to them for some reason!

H

hutch

when i was 9 years old i was bitten by a 1 metre long shark on the foot, had a needle and went for a swim 1 hour later. small shark, small teeth, no stitches. but after 10 beers i was bitten by a four metre white pointer, beat it off with my bare hands and screwed the blonde pam anderson lookalike lifeguard who rescued me

K

Kiwi

I saw your webpage awhile back Kiwi when you told the forum about it, andyour art workimpressed me very much then mate. Now knowing that you have a dissability (if that's the appropriate word to use), I'm even moreso impressed. Well done mate.
Is your Arthritis a result of an injury you sustainedor degenerative? I sustained a fall/knock years ago and had to have pins in my 'acetabullum' installed.My orthepedic surgeon reccomended I take Glucosimine tabs since to (try) and avoid the onset of Arthritis latter on in life due to bone damageand cartilageloss I sustained in the fall. I have been doing so for a number of years now with no problem whatsoever. I don't know what the future holds though.I'm wondering if you take it yourself or if it may help you indeed? Have you heard of it mate?It's expensive but hey, if it helps, right?Best of luck anyhow mate.

Raging Bulldog.

Yes it's a result of a fall, did it back in 93 in year 12. Went over the handle barsof a bike. If you feel the bone under your thumb, that is part of you forearm ( not sure what it's called ), well i broke that clean off, it also destroyed most of the ligaments in the wrist, the surgeon cutting the tendon didn't help matters when the plate was put in. I've had two operations to try and fix it, and it hasn't. Things are pretty much shot, cordizone ( SP? ) does nothing for the pain, which i was told ain't good. I will try the tabs you suggested, at one stage if the doc said put a fried egg on it and it'll help I would have done it. Oh and I don't call it a disability, most would, most would even claim on it, and take the free ride, I choose not to, and as far as i'm concerned something is a disability only if you let it be one.

K

Kiwi

Gav not to shabby the old eyeball you have there. What did you use. I'm picking it was either chalk or oil pastels, Watercolour or Acrylic paint. If I had to pick one, it'd be watercolour. Am I close.

imported_GavBT

Juniors
Kiwi, I used Paint Shop Pro with a graphics tablet; sure beats using a mouse. I haven't used any real paint since I left school. But then, I always preferred the pencil, you can just pick it up and away you go.

I've become a little rusty and wanted to improve my technique, especially regarding the human form.

P

pepe

in year 12 at school i got caught wagging it by the manual arts dept,the teacher sentus to the office, on my way there my mate and i realised hehad'nt asked for our names so we continued our detour to the city to watch the double feature ''authur and night shift''.

another wagging episode happened this time on our way to watch the cricket at the gabba,they had a mug shot of me in the paper the day before to do with athletics,would you beleive the guy at the gate recognised me and told us we shoud be at school,mind you it was only a small gate being a shield game so he let us in.

my first and only encounter with the law happened when i was in grade 1,after school my mate and i had discovered that stealing pays,especially in the lolly dept at safeway,well we were on our way out then heard a yell,''stop those boys'',f**k we sprinted but were rounded up by the trolley boy,we were interogated and told to notify our parents,yeah right as if i'm going to say mum!!!!

pepe
emphoto.gif

J

Johnsy

I melted laxatives onto my older brothers birday cake and then refused to eat any, he gave me a touch up the day before. The whole family had the runs, and of course they are non the wiser. it was 10 years ago.
Johnsy

st ted

Juniors
LSD,
The original and the best.
That is a perception that I could have become addicted to.
There was magic in "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road".

O

ozbash

when i started secondary school, i topped the auckland area in an aptitude test. bit like an iq test ,but for smart bastards.

when i was a mere slip of a boy i sang solo at the christchurch cathederal.since my nads dropped i sound like shit.

after my voice dropped i was known as "donkey".

El Duque

Bench
I have a double jointed thumb that bends back past 90 degrees and used to make people's stomach squirm but alas it now has a pin in it and doesn't bend at all
emsad.gif

Actually I don't think things are a double jointed(technically).I think they have loose ligaments.

Latest posts