What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hodges high shot

If a swinging arm misses does that mean it should go unpunished?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

midas

Juniors
As the penalty for dropping a catch in slips is nil in terms of off-field penalties whereas the penalty for getting a high shot wrong is several matches on the sideline and maybe thousands of dollars foregone,then wouldn,t you think the boof heads would practice it?
How did you get to be mayor with logic like that ?Doesn,t say much for the Council.

JoeD

First Grade
As for this malarkey about tackles slipping or bouncing up ,they only do this if the arm is rigid and swinging .

You make it sound any tackle that has a rigid swinging arm ( and I'm not sure how you would tackle with a limp, stationary arm ;-) ) is bad. Believe it or not and regardless of what anyone says, players go out to hurt eachother. Now I'm not saying that they want to cause injuries to other players but they do want to hurt and physically intimidate the opposition. Which I don't have a problem with as long as it is a legal tackle. A swinging arm to the chest area is fine by me

midas

Juniors
joe
it used to be called a stiff-arm and still is by many.Once a player lines up a stiff-arm tackle it is difficult to adjust,s the margin for error is very slight.
I don,t have any problems with swinging or stiff-arm tackles to the chest area but the problem today lies with the target area.
With the modern obsession with locking up the ball,the target area seems to be the collarbone or higher which is where most of the boofheads are getting into trouble.
The other problem area is gang-tackles.30 years ago if three men went into a tackle,one would go round the legs,another about waist high and the third around the chest/shoulders,
Now they all go around the shoulders,which not only increases the risk of incurring a penalty but also the chances of injuring each other.
Makes no sense to me.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
midas said:
joe
it used to be called a stiff-arm and still is by many.Once a player lines up a stiff-arm tackle it is difficult to adjust,s the margin for error is very slight.
I don,t have any problems with swinging or stiff-arm tackles to the chest area but the problem today lies with the target area.
With the modern obsession with locking up the ball,the target area seems to be the collarbone or higher which is where most of the boofheads are getting into trouble.
The other problem area is gang-tackles.30 years ago if three men went into a tackle,one would go round the legs,another about waist high and the third around the chest/shoulders,
Now they all go around the shoulders,which not only increases the risk of incurring a penalty but also the chances of injuring each other.
Makes no sense to me.

THE NEXT EELS COACH

Justme

Juniors
Mayor_Quimby said:
giving people suspensions or whatever for NOT actually coming in contact with another player :roll: :roll:
It's called intent and should be punishable, just as attempted murder is punishable, just because someones a lousy shot doesn't mean you get off scott free to try again.

Mayor_Quimby said:
ref: "penalty, your hand went near his head in the tackle, and thats just not acceptable by king El Duque"
Isn't that an oxymoron, how can a king also be a duke #-o :lol:

midas

Juniors
A duke can become a king,but then he is no longer a duke.On the other hand a duke can be a queen forever,doesn,t seem right does it ?

Justme

Juniors
midas said:
A duke can become a king,but then he is no longer a duke.On the other hand a duke can be a queen forever,doesn,t seem right does it ?

:lol: :lol: Good point midas #-o :mrgreen:

Latest posts