What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holden Cup Grand Final

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith Panthers v New Zealand Warriors
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park, Sunday 6 October 2013
NYC kickoff 3:45pm
Live TV: Channel 9 & FOX Sports 1

Referees: Chris Butler and Dave Munro;*Touch Judges: Jason Walsh and Ricky McFarlane;*Video Referee: Luke Phillips

1. Kieran Moss 2. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 3. Waqa Blake 4. James Roberts 5. George Jennings 6. Doug Hewitt 7. Daniel Foster (C) 8. Andy Saunders 9. Kieran Moseley 10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 11. Bryce Cartwright 12. James Dunley 13. Brendan Attwood
Interchange: 14. Mitch Clark 15. Tekina Vailea 16. Iain Riccardi 17. Isaah Yeo 18. Geordie Connelly

1. David Fusitua 2. Metia Lisati 3. Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard 4. Ngataua Hukatai 5. Viliami Lolohea 6. Tuimoala Lolohea 7. Mason Lino 8. Albert Vete 9. Siliva Havili 10. James Taylor 11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 12. Michael Sio 13. David Bhana (c)
Interchange: 14. Eko Malu 15. Sam Lisone 16. Kouma Samson 17. Solomone Kata

Official Match Hashtag: #NYCGF #NYCpenwar

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/news/show/leagueunlimited-2013-grand-final-teams-nrl-nyc-and-nsw-cup/

ozbash

Referee
It will take a very good team to beat the Warriors.

Panthers have me worried, should be a good game.

Kilkenny

Coach
Despite the scorelines the Panthers are yet to put a full 80 minutes together in the semi's thus far. Will need to tomorrow.

TheFrog

Coach
The Warriors are leaving huge holes all over the place and the Panthers are obliging by running through them.

Penrith have bombed a couple of tries but look pretty safe at this stage. If the Warriors could hold the ball they'd cause headaches.

fourplay

Juniors
That was the worst and most disrespectful coverage of a NYC game I've ever seen.

They ignored the game enough already and 34-30 with 10 minutes left and all they want to do is cross to the old guy and every man and his dog. There was actually a great game going on. Really **** me off all game.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If only Fusitua had not knocked on from the scrum against the feed the Warriors would have been odds on to score and possibly win an admittedly undeserved victory.

For me the Panthers hooker and a bit if extra strike power out wide were the key differences. Possession is just so important in the junior competitions.

Well done Panthers.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
That was the worst and most disrespectful coverage of a NYC game I've ever seen.

They ignored the game enough already and 34-30 with 10 minutes left and all they want to do is cross to the old guy and every man and his dog. There was actually a great game going on. Really **** me off all game.

Yes the crossing during coverage is a horrible idea.

Still, it was a nice breather from Gus' bias commentary. Happens every week. I will never understand why commentators with vested interest get put on to commentate their clubs.

BranVan3000

Coach

Agreed. Was awful, the NSW Cup game was even worse

TheFrog

Coach
Yes the crossing during coverage is a horrible idea.

Still, it was a nice breather from Gus' bias commentary. Happens every week. I will never understand why commentators with vested interest get put on to commentate their clubs.

I can recall Gould being in the commentary team of one Penrith game this year, apart from this U20 game.

He was there to give insight into the Penrith U20 team, about which he clearly has some knowledge. If he suggested the second half refereeing was questionable as the Warriors received penalty after penalty, well its hard not to agree.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I can recall Gould being in the commentary team of one Penrith game this year, apart from this U20 game.

He was there to give insight into the Penrith U20 team. If he suggested the second half refereeing was questionable, well its hard not to agree.

:roll: Panthers are usually on fox of course he doesn't do it every week. It was a comment in general not just Panthers.

As for the refs, Sin bin was bad, knees to the back was flat out wrong. Aside from that just the usual.

Gould was bad, it wasn't insight it was bias.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
He was the major difference in last weeks semi too, absolute weapon

Controlled the tempo of the game beautifully, and his kicking game close to the line was spot on, ensuring the Panthers dominated territory and possession in that first half. Great game from him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yep, he carved the Raiders up last week, and when he came off, the Raiders dominated the game and got back into it, then all of a sudden he came back on and Penrith ran away comfortable winners. Thought he should have been the Jack Gibson medalist today

i really like him as a player, looks like a seg clone

mxlegend99

Referee
The referee turned a dominant performance by the Panthers into a close game with some absolute joke penalties leading to ridiculous dominance of posession. Half the penalties were ridiculous , while they completely ignored Many offences that could / should have been penalties. Panthers should have won by 30+ with the game never in doubt. Might be a bit boring for a grand final. But that was what the game should have be3en.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yep, he carved the Raiders up last week, and when he came off, the Raiders dominated the game and got back into it, then all of a sudden he came back on and Penrith ran away comfortable winners. Thought he should have been the Jack Gibson medalist today

i really like him as a player, looks like a seg clone

So did I. Fair play to Roberts he was a threat all day, but a couple of his breaks/tries were typical NYC stuff that just doesn't translate against NRL defenses.

The attributes, maturity and control Moseley showed were all class and created the time and space for the likes of Roberts to do his thing.