What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holden Cup

shaggs

Coach
I can only surmise that you've been flat track bullies all year, i could be wrong but i don't think your club has been putting players up into reserve grade to toughen them u playing the big boys?

A lot of other clubs do & have
I don't whose account this is an alt for, but you have a point.

You can't be flat track bullies when you only lose 4 times all year. That's all conditions and all teams.

They look physically weak. They look small. The failures in first grade and now the failure of the 20s has proved that we need to cut the jets partnership.
Reserve grade team of our own. Filled with kids each week. Play 3 weeks at a time. Then rotate with others.
First graders down into the reserves and fringe players up.

We didn't utilise the club squad at all this year and it showed.
Flanno didn't bring guys in, because who could he?
Morris played as a full 17 every week. All the while, other clubs were biding their time

shaggs

Coach
Kimmorley: sharks cannot go around manly

Next tackle, try to sharks in the corner.
Manly have shut up shop. Eyes on next week.
Sharks backline is their strength, but the forwards have been soft allowing no time for the halves.

Much like first grade.

shaggs

Coach
3 players with double figures for hit ups
Kennedy, Ramien and magoulis.

That's dreadful

47 missed tackles.

Cmon man

SattlersJaw14

Juniors

You can't be flat track bullies when you only lose 4 times all year. That's all conditions and all teams.

They look physically weak. They look small. The failures in first grade and now the failure of the 20s has proved that we need to cut the jets partnership.
Reserve grade team of our own. Filled with kids each week. Play 3 weeks at a time. Then rotate with others.

Morris played as a full 17 every week. All the while, other clubs were biding their time

I'm nobodies alt

Most clubs put their top under 20 players up periodically to reserve grade, you could have done this with Newtown, not all players can cope obviously it depends on their physical level & also how they are progressing mentally with the game

The kind of players that you just know are destined to play firsts in a year or two & need the stimulation of playing against men rather than boys, there is no glory winning an under 20s comp, there really shouldn't be, you should be trying to get as many players that you want to keep out of this grade

Weaponhead

Coach
Ramien scores early then sees no more ball.

The middle forwards have been poor. Ruck defence poor. Marker work awful.

For too much panic and a complete lack of composure.

shaggs

Coach
I'm nobodies alt

Most clubs put their top under 20 players up periodically to reserve grade, you could have done this with Newtown, not all players can cope obviously it depends on their physical level & also how they are progressing mentally with the game

The kind of players that you just know are destined to play firsts in a year or two & need the stimulation of playing against men rather than boys, there is no glory winning an under 20s comp, there really shouldn't be, you should be trying to get as many players that you want to keep out of this grade
100% agree with this.

We have had a few knobs on here lately. Thought you be Jak or Isaiah but obviously not. Punctuation and spelling etc are too good

Reactions: jak

Weaponhead

Coach

Completely agree about the need for our own reggies. This is a must do investment to develop players. Lack of money should not be an issue now.

Hard to see which players have the mental capability to succeed at NRL level given the capitulation in the past 5 games.

Card Shark

Immortal
Club champions but all gone after 2 weeks of finals....very disappointing.

Oh well, can't have it all.

2016 could've ended in similar fashion but it went totally the opposite way.

Bring on the cricket!

i reckon we have f**ked up in the halves and could be in for some lean times ahead.
Maloney is surely on the way out based on what has transpired this season with contract upgrades.
why the f**k we went public with chasing cronk is beyond me. he was NEVER going to come here based on the QLD vs NSW factions that exist.
So basically we went balls out on cronk for the sake of flanno jnrs nurturing and f**ked this season and possibly a few more.
insane!
Flanno jnr is at least 3 to 4 years away from physicality of NRL.
Why didn't we just upgrade maloney?
now chad could be our chief play maker...

Snoop Shark

First Grade
So since our draw to Penrith back on the 16th of April, Holden cup went undefeated until our loss to the roosters at the end of August. From that point on they didn't win another game.

It seems to be an attitude thing if you ask me. How a team can go from above average to absolute poo in a month has me f**ked

Card Shark

Immortal
I fear not having a top quality, experienced half could be a double whammy.

Last year was great with gal not overplaying his hand.

It could return next year as he tries to do everything again.

jak

Bench
100% agree with this.

We have had a few knobs on here lately. Thought you be Jak or Isaiah but obviously not. Punctuation and spelling etc are too good
Thought you be Jak, gee that hurts teach you no Punctuation and all.