What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holmes

Holmes is in a slump. People think he's overpaid, which he may well be, but who's fault is that? Do you expect him to knock the cash back because a few fans in coward's Castle call him unclever names?

He isn't an overtly cocky character and people assume that is disinterest. The fact is the club made an assessment on his worth in the context of concerns about competing offers. It's up to the coaching staff now to get the best out of him. If that doesn't amount to "value" then you numbnuts flinging shit towards him need to redirect your angst.

People have over committed themselves to an anti-holmes stance and are now death riding the kid. And he is a kid.

Craigshark

First Grade
Keen to see how he goes at the back with a bit of confidence. Fingers crossed he goes well. Don’t get the constant death riding of one of our own players. Especially one who was an integral part of our first premiership.

Holmes is in a slump. People think he's overpaid, which he may well be, but who's fault is that? Do you expect him to knock the cash back because a few fans in coward's Castle call him unclever names?

He isn't an overtly cocky character and people assume that is disinterest. The fact is the club made an assessment on his worth in the context of concerns about competing offers. It's up to the coaching staff now to get the best out of him. If that doesn't amount to "value" then you numbnuts flinging shit towards him need to redirect your angst.

People have over committed themselves to an anti-holmes stance and are now death riding the kid. And he is a kid.
To be fair, most said he was never that good. I said that once to a guy in the club, & I dead set thouht he was going to cry. It was like I told him his mother had died. I think the deathriders are SEVERELY outweighed by the likes of him. Christ, he got MOM last week. Lol

Stake Removed

First Grade

Holmes aint no kid by League standards, he has played close to 100 FG games, SOO and played for Australia. I am not deathriding him, its more he fails at fullback, i look at players like Ponga & Dufty no where the experience as Holmes but seem to be so much better.

Holmes even comes over like if he drops first bomb of night he will have a shocker, last week vs Titans he was basically invisible for 60 minutes

Holmes aint no kid by League standards, he has played close to 100 FG games, SOO and played for Australia.

Yeah, how shit is he. Its a dead set conspiracy that he can play 100 FG games, SOO and represent his country. Everyone is in on it. The earth is flat not round. 9/11 was a set up. My mother in law is a champion. And I'm a good root.

Yeah, how shit is he. Its a dead set conspiracy that he can play 100 FG games, SOO and represent his country. Everyone is in on it. The earth is flat not round. 9/11 was a set up. My mother in law is a champion. And I'm a good root.
Haha good rant, and not even one mention of the Limmo!
Oops, M2 will be on my arse with that comment

I have never thought he was shit. The guy has some skills, & whilst not anywhere near JAC speed, can do enough over 20 metres. But that pay packet I thought, would kill us.
One winger ever has been worth over 500k & thats semi. And hes worth a million.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
9/11 was very suspicious...

snout

First Grade
If l want to play wicketkeeper and at the end of every innings lve put 3 catches down and let past 20 byes somewhere along the line l have to own up to the fact lm not cut out.

No matter what my age is.

Surely

Post Whore
I have never thought he was shit. The guy has some skills, & whilst not anywhere near JAC speed, can do enough over 20 metres. But that pay packet I thought, would kill us.
One winger ever has been worth over 500k & thats semi. And hes worth a million.

If you break it down into pay per match then he’s not the one killing us.

If we had an extra $800k to spend right now , who would we buy,to step things up? Thats the immediate question & one Im sure the club are asking.

southland

Juniors
Personally I hope we keep Holmes. However if we shed him, Moylan to fb and K Flan from next season and $$$ in the bank to replace Gallen and Lewis.

Come on Flan scope out Tevita Pangai Jnr and M.Tapau.