What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home ground record thus far

Frank Facer

First Grade
Agree

However why isn't the Anzac game not always considered a roosters home game each year ?
I would much rather watch the boys smash the rorters on at Kogarah or Win

SFTG
I understand your sentiments and agree with you. The reason that we play our home game on Anzac day at the SFS every second year, is because of financial reasons.

BennyV

Referee
I understand your sentiments and agree with you. The reason that we play our home game on Anzac day at the SFS every second year, is because of financial reasons.
No, it's because of crowd reasons. This is one game where the right venue is used for the right game. SFS is the best stadium in the country to watch rugby league (not accounting for sentimental reasoning) and the fact that we fill this every year for the ANZAC game, as well as the location allowing for the other ANZAC Day activities in the city, completely justifies us playing our home game there.

Frank Facer

First Grade
No, it's because of crowd reasons. This is one game where the right venue is used for the right game. SFS is the best stadium in the country to watch rugby league (not accounting for sentimental reasoning) and the fact that we fill this every year for the ANZAC game, as well as the location allowing for the other ANZAC Day activities in the city, completely justifies us playing our home game there.
Yeah, we fill the SFS and that is better for us financially. We would rather get the financial benefits of playing that home game at the SFS every second year, than letting Easts get the financial benefits every year. Yes, the location fits in with the Anzac Day activities too.

BennyV

Referee
Yeah, we fill the SFS and that is better for us financially. We would rather get the financial benefits of playing that home game at the SFS every second year, than letting Easts get the financial benefits every year. Yes, the location fits in with the Anzac Day activities too.
Oh, you're talking about why we share with Easts. My bad, I thought you were talking about why we take our game to SFS, which is more than finance.

I agree, the fact that we get the benefit from it every second year is financial and pure common sense (usually lacking from our management).

Frank Facer

First Grade
Oh, you're talking about why we share with Easts. My bad, I thought you were talking about why we take our game to SFS, which is more than finance.

I agree, the fact that we get the benefit from it every second year is financial and pure common sense (usually lacking from our management).
No lol. I was saying that we choose to play our home game Anzac day game at the SFS, because it benefits us financially, instead of letting Easts gain the financial benefits every year. I did add that the location fits into the Anzac day activities too.

Latest posts