What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoppa back tnext weekend?

L

legend

Will disgraced league star and self confessed cavity king John hopoate be poised to return to the big time next
weekend?

JOHN HOPOATE is in line to return to the NRL competition as early as Saturday week.
The Northern Eagles applied last week to the NRL to have the former Wests Tigers winger registered to play first grade once he has served his 12-match suspension for contrary conduct. Hopoate's suspension is completed after this weekend's round of matches, making him available for the Eagles' July 14 clash with St George Illawarra at Brookvale Oval. The league announced today it had approved Hopoate's registration last Friday. However Eagles chairman Ian Thomson said the board was yet to decide whether Hopoate would be promoted to the top grade after signing a contract with first division club Manly. "The matter still hasn't been discussed by the Northern Eagles board," Thomson said. "We applied to the NRL to cover our bases." Players had to be registered by June 30 to be eligible to play in the NRL this season.

O

ozbash

"We applied to the NRL to cover our bases."

lol. thats not all they better have covered.
the nrl have gone mad,letting this animal back in.....

L

legend

It will only be a matter of time before he does something stupid again. I think he's a blight on the game.

G@v

Juniors
I believe everyone should be given a second chance. If he can show he's a reformed character, and apologigises, maybe it should be considered.

Right now, I don't believe he has changed, and letting him back would be a mistake.

Latest posts