What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoppa10 year ban

Last year or maybe the year before but wasn't he charged with assaulting the owner of a Crows Nest fruit n veg shop? Quite a rap sheet.

He got out of his car and tried to fight my cousin at a set of lights. Lol.

The bloke is a lunatic and won’t be missed.

Pretty sure he isn’t the full quid.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Immature wanker. About time he was f**ked off.

No doubt Matthew Johns and Brian Feltcher will have his ugly mug back in their shit 'comedy' skits though.
I’m assuming/hoping this 10 year ban means he can’t appear on any media that involves RL, which would include Matty Johns, the Professor etc.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Hoppa is a good bloke,he just needs a full cheek mouthing bit,Kineton nose band and customised ear muffs with blinkers to keep his mind on the job

mave

Coach
Plus that dipshit is not even close to the best centre we've ever had. He's not even in the top two NZ centres who've played for Manly.

Craig Innes for sure would be one. Best all round defensive centre I have ever seen in a Manly jersey.
Iro for your other ? Though personally I rate Matai over him.

carcharias

Immortal
From the NRL ap

"John Hopoate was on the field for a total of two minutes ... To suggest that any of the players involved in the two tackles he was on the field made racist comments is as insulting as it is ridiculous.

"These players are extremely proud of their own [Pacific Island] heritage and are deeply offended by the accusations being levelled by Hopoate.

The Forestville statement, in full, reads:

In response to media reports following the John Hopoate NSW Rugby League Judiciary Hearing. Forestville JRLFC vehemently denies the claims of racist behaviour as motivation for John's actions. Forestville JRLFC is and has always been an inclusive and multicultural club. On the 21st of July, John Hopoate was on the field for a total of 2 minutes. During this time, he was penalised for a high tackle on a Ferrets player of Pacific Island heritage which resulted in a penalty.

Immediately following this penalty tap, the aggressive incident transpired, resulting in him being sent from the field. It is significant to note that that aggressive incident was directed at an indigenous Ferrets player. To suggest that any of the players involved in the two tackles he was on the field for made racist comments is as insulting as it is ridiculous. These players are extremely proud of their own heritage and are deeply offended by the accusations being levelled by Hopoate.

Hopoate's decision to make these public comments only after the judiciary's decision puts his integrity in question. By his own admission, he made no attempt to report any such incident to game officials during or after the incident.

Furthermore, in the week after the incident, John Hopoate attended Forestville A Grade training and apologised to every player for his actions and shook their hands. He apologised for acting like an (expletive) idiot and offered reasons for his actions that had nothing to do with the game that was played that night.

At no time did he mention any racial issues when interacting with the players.
Forestville JRLFC is confident of the integrity of our A Grade team and all of its players.

Matua

Bench
Craig Innes for sure would be one. Best all round defensive centre I have ever seen in a Manly jersey.
Iro, easily over Matai, only recency bias would contribute to rating Matai over Iro. Iro was a beast.

kdalymc

Bench
He just played in Beenleigh in a charity match for the (unauthorised) Australian Allstars, along side Scotty Prince, Petero etc. seemed like an awesome bloke. Chatted with everyone, gave his shorts away.
But yeah, must have a loose nut

THE CHAMP

First Grade

The other would be Terry hill. Not sure what part of NZ his accent is from though