What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How bad are we travelling

Stake Removed

First Grade
I think our position on the ladder does not highlight how bad we are really going.

Round 1 we lose to Cowboys we were shocking Holmes had no idea how to catch the ball, considering he is an SOO player, The cowboys beat us have not won since.

Round 2 we lose to Dragons we played well for first 30 minutes, then were rolled over, we capitulated, it was a disgrace, we basically gave up.

Round 3 we beat the Eels that game only a Sharks fan could watch yep we beat the bottom team on the ladder 1 try each

Round 4 we beat the Storm with 30 odd penalties a nothing game, we scored 1 try never looked like scoring another, against a Storm team who has been struggling.

Round 5 we lose to Roosters, who had been thrashed week before we couldnt difuse a kick, thank god these guys are not in the bomb squad, had no idea how to attack.

The next 4 games we play the Dragons, Panthers, Titans, Eels. Those are teams you would think we would 3 from 4 dropping only maybe the Titans who have our number i do fear we could be beaten by all 4

Frenzy.

Immortal
I dunno.

Certainly in the present the team is struggling but there are some mitigating factors. The main one being instability. Havent had the same team on the park in consecutive weeks have we? Injuries. Old hat game plan which may be temporary because the chesspieces are all over the board. Poor recruitment compared to the past IMO. Ava isnt bringing anything. Mythlan is worth 2 cents. Spent too much on Home Boy. Uele is wasting away in reggies. Hokko was a last gasp throw of the dice.

Then, the bench. The use of, the makeup of and the personnel leaves me wanting for an explanation.

All can be fixed to make a competitive side but it needs to be quick.

FlannoBall, FlannoSpeak, FlannoCoach is all tediously outdated. He may need to get outside the box.

taipan

Referee
ATM I'd equate our performances from an entertainment,enjoyment and results perspective ,as like spending a night a s a captive of the Taliban.

As an aside.No cohesion, no clues.play like strangers,lack confidence, almost like no on e wanting to be there playing.
Need zip in the halves, jumping ability on the wings.
I could go on, but it's like a long playing record.It's called the annual Shark's rollercoaster.
Exhilaration one week, sh*tsville the next.Oh what a feeling!!! Shark's supporter.

Weaponhead

Coach
This is a mature team that can defend and grind. It is clear that the off season attacking plans are out the window due to injuries and form. The attack is terrible. No threat, limited skill.

The Dragons game was a very poor loss. They were there for the taking and we reverted to dumb football.

Having said that this is a strange comp. St George have gone off early as usual. Other big sides ate not showing much either. If the Sharks can hang in around the 8 until mid season they may be able to threaten later if combinations develop.

Stake Removed

First Grade
This is a mature team that can defend and grind. It is clear that the off season attacking plans are out the window due to injuries and form. The attack is terrible. No threat, limited skill.

The Dragons game was a very poor loss. They were there for the taking and we reverted to dumb football.

Having said that this is a strange comp. St George have gone off early as usual. Other big sides ate not showing much either. If the Sharks can hang in around the 8 until mid season they may be able to threaten later if combinations develop.

Defend as long as no kicks, after last night, will be kicks a plenty at us in future

Card Shark

Immortal
Exactly weapon.

We aren’t going that bad!

Once we settle on combos, we will be up there.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
So we're 2 from 5 as are the Storm. Cows are 1 from 4......Donkeys 2 from 4....both with tough games today. We've been ugly but after next week we will have played Dragons (twice)....Storm....Rooters....Cows and Parra. When you consider the top 3 are the Goons...Bro's and the Tigers - I wouldn't go writing off the season at this point....actually created more chances than the rorters last night in attack. The bigger concern for me was the lack of go forward in the pigs....Maybe the hard slog last week took it out of both sides. Storm looked flat too.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
We are a quality metre eating forward and a creative half short. Boring Flanno Ball with the occasional glimmer of skill from the young backs is about as good as we'll get I reckon.

Frenzy.

Immortal
We are a quality metre eating forward and a creative half short. Boring Flanno Ball with the occasional glimmer of skill from the young backs is about as good as we'll get I reckon.

All of which has me leaning towards giving FJ a shot. Play him on the right and let him link with charnts like Katoa and Ramien who he is used to. Boots and Lewis as minders.

We need spark

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Interestingly for Flanno to get a shot....Loots is the one that would most likely have to make way with Dugan to centre any Moylan to stay at the back. Despite a few errors - Moylan looked dangerous a few times last night. I don't mind the Loots to the bench idea either....gives you cover for the backs and back-row. Capewell appears surplus at this point.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Interestingly for Flanno to get a shot....Loots is the one that would most likely have to make way with Dugan to centre any Moylan to stay at the back. Despite a few errors - Moylan looked dangerous a few times last night. I don't mind the Loots to the bench idea either....gives you cover for the backs and back-row. Capewell appears surplus at this point.
Loots to the bench for me. He deserves the chance to own the 14 before being dropped completely.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Yep. Feki can go with him. Pippi to the left wing. Cedric on the right till Krakatoa has mended

Wozza

Juniors
I think our position on the ladder does not highlight how bad we are really going.

Round 1 we lose to Cowboys we were shocking Holmes had no idea how to catch the ball, considering he is an SOO player, The cowboys beat us have not won since.

Round 2 we lose to Dragons we played well for first 30 minutes, then were rolled over, we capitulated, it was a disgrace, we basically gave up.

Round 3 we beat the Eels that game only a Sharks fan could watch yep we beat the bottom team on the ladder 1 try each

Round 4 we beat the Storm with 30 odd penalties a nothing game, we scored 1 try never looked like scoring another, against a Storm team who has been struggling.

Round 5 we lose to Roosters, who had been thrashed week before we couldnt difuse a kick, thank god these guys are not in the bomb squad, had no idea how to attack.

The next 4 games we play the Dragons, Panthers, Titans, Eels. Those are teams you would think we would 3 from 4 dropping only maybe the Titans who have our number i do fear we could be beaten by all 4
A fair assessment. We have a few issues that need addressing quickly.

1. For the first five rounds we have fielded 5 different teams. You can't get consistency when you don't know from week to week who is going to be inside or outside you or who is putting on which play.

2. There are definitely some players not putting in some other not learning from previous mistakes.
Opposition halves must be laughing their head off when they look up and see Townsend on the other side.
There is no variation in his game, it's the same shit we've been looking at for 2+ years. Predictable, boring and slow. He needs a number 12 fair up the arse and if it doesn't improve spend a few weeks playing for Newtown.
Our left side attack and defence it absolute rubbish. Every week Feki makes a mistake at the worst possible time, is too slow to back up when breaks are made and is a dreadful defender. Graham looks like he isn't having a go. I'd be putting Holmes on the left wing with Dugan at centre next to him, they have both played for Australia in those positions. Leave Ramien at right centre and add either Lee or Katoa when fit on the right wing.

3. The stupid penalties being given away late in the tackle account, They can't blame Maloney this year.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Loots to the bench for me. He deserves the chance to own the 14 before being dropped completely.

Who else on the bench? Segeyaro can go. Paulo can cover Brailey and would be a point of difference to the attack. Sef can pass, kick, run and ball play.