What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do we feel about Robbie Farah returning?

BuffaloRules

Coach
Our early results flattered us.

We got lucky with a falcon against the Roosters, and Croft and AddoCarr having shockers in the second game vs Storm. Cashed in against Manly and Parra who had issues on and off the field.

Not to say we didn't deserve those wins. But we have definitely lost the rub of the green we had early on. Injuries and late withdrawals certainly haven't helped either.

They were letting in about 10 points a game against some of the best attacking sides in the comp...

I don't think you can say that's luck.. they were protecting their goal line for 15-20 tackles in a row and that effort seems to have gone missing of late..

Tiger05

First Grade
Sadly Newcastle signed Ponga before Tedesco had signed with the roosters

I agree but I think we kept going after that merkin when he was always going to leave. That is a situation where we made the wrong decision in trying to retain a gun junior who had became a star player.

It's easy to state but we should have realised the character of the guy during the negotiations.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Cleary could cure cancer and you'd probably still bag him, saying he got lucky or something.

You're either delusional thinking we could be in a better position than what we are after inheriting a mess under the previous hierarchy, or maybe shouldn't be a Tigers fan, because there are far more bad days than good.
I tell u where I have been delusional & that’s in over estimating Cleary’s coaching ability as he has been disappointing particularly regards the adverse impact on our sterile attack & oddball selections particularly at 1 & 9.Albeit I do have some confidence restored with the return of RF & inclusion of Mbye as they play in critical positions which have been major liabilities for us this season.Hopefully the team can initiate a fabulous run to the semis at the 8th wonder this Sunday arvo.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Just a question.

Given we were poised to lose 3/4 of our marquee players and given our results over the last five years.

Who would you have brought to the club instead of what Cleary has brought?

Seriously - given what was available off contract how would anyone have done any better. Specifics please. And lets just use players that changed clubs.

I think we were the best performing team in the player market last year. So Im not going to make any changes.

We need to field a competitive squad - you have Cleary's money in the bank - what do you all do differently?
I admit that it was never going to b easy attracting top draw players to this perpetual basket case of a club although it does concern me come ‘20 If the handful of players on long contracts & excessive money continue to massively under perform.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Taylor also got us to within a whisker of the finals in ‘16 where we missed out on %ges with a team he inherited..In contrast the paranoid 1 trick pony Cleary has had a massive advantage in being able to autonomously assemble a team virtually from scratch & with almost 2/3 of the comp played we have regressed rapidly.Cleary is devoid of aptitude for the attacking aspect of the game.Our defence which has obviously been his primary focus has deteriorated & his selections have been overshadowed by the absurd.

Cleary is so desperate to make amends for his monumental recruiting blunders & to resuscitate his pop gun attack that after knocking back overtures during off season by RF to return to Concord his now done a backflip @ the 11th hour.Additionally he has irrationally gifted another non elite(closer to average) player from the despicable dogs an unjustified 4 yr contract.Cleary is deadset in a state of bewilderment & I for one have lost total confidence in him.

With the squad we look like having in ‘19 whereby it’s unlikely we can recruit the kind of players to rectify the glaring deficiencies Cleary’s rebuild & tenure looks like ending as a disaster.

You should work for the telecrap with this crisis merchant bullshit.

Troll

Tiger Ted

Bench
You should work for the telecrap with this crisis merchant bullshit.

Troll
I don’t give a damn about Taylor & thankfully he was sacked & unlike the journal of sensationalism I’m just stating fact along with objective views.If u think we’ve been travelling better than what I believe good for you.

Btw I don’t believe we r at crisis point now that we have a quality dummy half & a half decent fullback & hence really looking forward to being at the 8th wonder this week in the hope we can turn our season around.

macnaz

Staff member
I believe Bayley Sironen is going to Souffs .. wonder if that was a deal done for us to get RF ?
They are losing Crighton to the cheats so i guess they are hoping to get a running/ball playing 2nd rower to replace him. Hope he doesnt turn into the 2nd rower we desperately need :(

Fordy20

Juniors
I believe Bayley Sironen is going to Souffs .. wonder if that was a deal done for us to get RF ?
They are losing Crighton to the cheats so i guess they are hoping to get a running/ball playing 2nd rower to replace him. Hope he doesnt turn into the 2nd rower we desperately need :(

I reckon Luke Garner will probably be that 2nd rower we need.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well that's one thing we have in common, having a lol@Rorters!!!

From what I've heard Bayley is just a back up player with some flaws.

Anyhow I was happy to see Farah go really well today, I mean he behaved himself whilst he was with us!

Rabbits20

Immortal
He was good

But you’re last statement is right and to me that’s why it makes no sense to bring him back for 9 games
You'll probably say I'm trolling but what honestly baffled me but none of your starting pack besides Robbie made more than 57m.... last few weeks what I've seen as I've been able to watch you guys play is the forwards as a whole aren't rolling their sleeves up! You can't have them front up like that when we play you guys in a few weeks... in saying that you guys seem to turn up when you play us...

Shredder

Juniors
Given we have released MM and Godinet is on the nose, I wouldnt be too sure about Robbie finishing up this year. No info, just get a feeling he might go around again.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Given we have released MM and Godinet is on the nose, I wouldnt be too sure about Robbie finishing up this year. No info, just get a feeling he might go around again.

Apparently we’re talking with Segeyaro. That’s just stuff off social media etc so who knows

BuffaloRules

Coach
Segyaro would be a good get...

Still a lot of other needs to fill though....

I think the spine is adequate now, but as I have said, they cant do it on their own... need forwards to make some metres and muscle up in defence on their try line and some backs with pace that can defend bombs... MWZ and CT are as weak as kittens and get pushed over the side lines when they are trying to put the ball down in the corner...
Need Nofo back as well..