What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do we feel about Robbie Farah returning?

Shredder

Juniors
This same squad did well in the start of the year.
Actually since then we have improved the squad with M'Bye and Farah.

If they did it before, why cant they do it now?

Its not a question of skill, they have shown they have it.

In my view, Ivan had them focused 100% on defence for the start of the year, which is why it was so strong. Recently (and most recently last weekend) he has taken the shackles off. Last weekend they played expansive footy and looked likely. As has been said, it was just the last pass.

They have the defensive structures sorted, they have shown that. The attack needs work.

Remember, this is pretty much an entirely new team and Ivan is working from the ground up.

I'm not calling for wholesale changes at all.

We lost both centres before the kick-off, our fullback didnt work out and our preferred hooker isnt up to it. We bought a new fullback, picked up Farah and are apparently talking to Segyaro for next year.

Those calling for rugby players and juniors would be the first ones screaming about shit signings.

Tiger05

First Grade
Did you watch the game on Sunday?

They cant go into 2019 without some new outside backs.. I think its the biggest weakness now on the team and the ones they have at the moment don't cut it...

If players are not available from within the NRL then they are going tot have to look elsewhere..

We need some quality players and definitely we need some fast and hopefully big outside backs. If we have to go to union then so be it.

Still I think our puss forwards are more of an issue.

BuffaloRules

Coach
This same squad did well in the start of the year.
Actually since then we have improved the squad with M'Bye and Farah.

If they did it before, why cant they do it now?

Its not a question of skill, they have shown they have it.

In my view, Ivan had them focused 100% on defence for the start of the year, which is why it was so strong. Recently (and most recently last weekend) he has taken the shackles off. Last weekend they played expansive footy and looked likely. As has been said, it was just the last pass.

They have the defensive structures sorted, they have shown that. The attack needs work.

I couldn't give a rats anymore about what they did at the start of the year...

They have won two games out of their last ten and they actually appear that they are getting worse the longer the season progresses...

Other teams actually improve as the season goes on.. what a novel concept....

No they don't.... their defence has been appalling the last two weeks.. they seem incapable of defending their goal line and have conceded several soft tries

We lost both centres before the kick-off, our fullback didnt work out and our preferred hooker isnt up to it. We bought a new fullback, picked up Farah and are apparently talking to Segyaro for next year

They have problems all over the park....wingers, props, a backrower.. what are they doing to fix those problems?
Mbye and Segyaro if he comes wont be able to carry the rest of the team...

Those calling for rugby players and juniors would be the first ones screaming about shit signings.

And whats your plan? Apparently its to do nothing recruitment wise because no one in the NRL will be available for them to sign...

But then you expect that the same team that played on Sunday is going to make the Top 8 next year right?

That my friend is a pipe dream..

Tiger05

First Grade
^^^^
Yep. We need to be ruthless when it comes to recruitment and retention. If we can't attract quality first graders and let's be honest there aren't many available we need to come up with alternatives.

I hate it when people here use those niff nuffs as a source... they get about one right in a hundred,,,

Just about everyone else on there has been hit and miss. This bloke pretty much only shows up when he has the oil. And he's always been right and in before everyone else (including media.)

He is the one who also said the club is chasing Ethan Lowe for next year.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Just about everyone else on there has been hit and miss. This bloke pretty much only shows up when he has the oil. And he's always been right and in before everyone else (including media.)

He is the one who also said the club is chasing Ethan Lowe for next year.

OK cool... Hope he is right as Segy and Lowe would be great gets for the club..

I've noticed though that there are a few kids on there that treat every facebook rumour as gospel and post a lot of crap...

Tiger05

First Grade
My point exactly..

I don't see why for instance we would go after Ethan Lowe. He'd cost good money and he doesn't deserve top dollars. Fair enough if you can get him for cheap but we've already spent big on a bunch of players who aren't performing to their pay grade.

I also think we've got the makings of a decent team. Brooks, Reynolds and Mybe in the spine along with hopefully a fit and ready Liddle are going to score some points. We also have some decent players to go along with those guys. We just need a couple more quality signings.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I don't see why for instance we would go after Ethan Lowe. He'd cost good money and he doesn't deserve top dollars. Fair enough if you can get him for cheap but we've already spent big on a bunch of players who aren't performing to their pay grade.

I also think we've got the makings of a decent team. Brooks, Reynolds and Mybe in the spine along with hopefully a fit and ready Liddle are going to score some points. We also have some decent players to go along with those guys. We just need a couple more quality signings.

Obviously subject to reasonable dollars but Lowe is better than what they have and he is only 27 which makes him a baby compared to the senior citizens on our team..

They need backrowers... Lawrence cant do it on his own and might only have one more year left in him... I have zero faith in Rochow and McQueen .... I dont know anymore what Taylor's role is but we need a backrower that is going to get some metres and not be a ball player..

Vic Mackey

Referee
Obviously subject to reasonable dollars but Lowe is better than what they have and he is only 27 which makes him a baby compared to the senior citizens on our team..

They need backrowers... Lawrence cant do it on his own and might only have one more year left in him... I have zero faith in Rochow and McQueen .... I dont know anymore what Taylor's role is but we need a backrower that is going to get some metres and not be a ball player..

Lowe would be a great get. He's been a very good first grader for 4-5 years now. Yes he's been down this year but the entire NQ team has been. He's the type of guy who probably needs a change and another challenge. Plus even at the level this year he's miles above whatever other genius we've had on the right edge.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I couldn't give a rats anymore about what they did at the start of the year...

They have won two games out of their last ten and they actually appear that they are getting worse the longer the season progresses...

Other teams actually improve as the season goes on.. what a novel concept....

No they don't.... their defence has been appalling the last two weeks.. they seem incapable of defending their goal line and have conceded several soft tries

They have problems all over the park....wingers, props, a backrower.. what are they doing to fix those problems?
Mbye and Segyaro if he comes wont be able to carry the rest of the team...

And whats your plan? Apparently its to do nothing recruitment wise because no one in the NRL will be available for them to sign...

But then you expect that the same team that played on Sunday is going to make the Top 8 next year right?

That my friend is a pipe dream..
Exactly !

Btw this lame rabble have been conceding soft tries since the knights loss.The piss weak defense against parra & the warriors was unforgiveable the writing has been on the wall re how pathetic this side truly is for 10 wks....& don’t get me started on our shithouse kicking game !

Seriously anybody who thinks we are on the up & can make the finals next yr is being way to sentimental.This squad Cleary has assembled is nothing more than an ISP standard squad.

Agreed. The great defence of the first 6 weeks is gone. Maybe after a rest for this week and having no expectations pretty much for the rest of the year they can concentrate on bringing it back. It's only what they're paid to do.

Defence is the foundation we need to focus on. If we can't get this right over a full season we have no hope.

Bringing the ball out of our own end has been a shambles all year. We simply can't do it. As pointed out above we need bigger bodies. Possibly Morris boys and Fergo. From what you hear though they think they are worth the type of money I for one wouldn't want to pay.

Really the forwards need to lift their game by a mile. Aside from twal and rowdy they have been shit house the last 10 weeks.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Robbie and Mbye were excellent for their first games.....Lawrence was also very good as usual this year....
The rest were average.....
Seriously The Twall Doll needs to play more minutes..Hes wasted sitting on the bench.

Tiger05

First Grade
Twal should go to lock and play 80 minutes if possible. He is a machine.

Robbie was good but do we keep him for another year. Honestly I'd keep Robbie and Benji on peanuts. They would probably stay and they add a lot to the squad.

I rate Mbye. I reckon he will be good for us.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Robbie and Mbye were excellent for their first games.....Lawrence was also very good as usual this year....
The rest were average.....
Seriously The Twall Doll needs to play more minutes..Hes wasted sitting on the bench.
Agree.
I was at the game & couldn’t believe for how long Twal was on the bench in the 2nd half.Rowdy & Twal r light yrs ahead of the rest of the forwards re their vigorous carries.

Latest posts