What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how good are these warriors under 20s

Didgi

Tau Tau Moga has 4 tries with 20 minutes left in the Roosters v Sharks game, how often is 4 or 5 tries in a game done? I thought I read 4 tries has only been done 2 or 3 times when Feldt did it for us a couple of weeks ago.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
It's not ironic or insulting. I don't know why you took it that way. If a 2nd NZ side was introduced in the Toyota Cup, the team wouldn't be as good. Simple.

just giving you shit, mate.

you are right, but they are actually pickinag good footballers, and often from onion, and they're ecxelling.

another team would be awesome, and i say. that not wanting comapetition.

all typos, i am posting from a f**king ipad. f**k these things.

Ladmate

Bench
just giving you shit, mate.

you are right, but they are actually pickinag good footballers, and often from onion, and they're ecxelling.

another team would be awesome, and i say. that not wanting comapetition.

all typos, i am posting from a f**king ipad. f**k these things.

A 2nd New Zealand NYC team would be perfect. The Warriors NYC team is strong, so the rejected juniors can play for them. In the current structure, I believe too many potential first graders in NZ are being left out because of only one Under-20's team. I also believe that the juniors the Warriors have now will result in them winning a title within 5 years.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
A 2nd New Zealand NYC team would be perfect. The Warriors NYC team is strong, so the rejected juniors can play for them. In the current structure, I believe too many potential first graders in NZ are being left out because of only one Under-20's team. I also believe that the juniors the Warriors have now will result in them winning a title within 5 years.

Are you suggesting a 2nd U20s in Ak? There are a number of NZers playing now for OZ clubs in the U20s e.g. Storm - Slade Griffin Greymouth/CH CH, Tohu Harris HB, & some of their U18s (mostly WN boys) who are hardly reject players as they never trialled for Warriors & the same can probably be said of the Sharks & other clubs making inroads into NZ. A second bid or even just a 2nd U20s team (if it were possible) would see talent from outside of AK get a start if it was based centrally.

franklin2323

Immortal
and yet to break a viapuna tackle

He's our best forward prospect since Pritchard.

They seemed to struggle when the other team has a rollon. In the 2nd 1/2 we scored. Then the next set again. The next set a dropout. They seemed to wait for a mistake rather then tackle to hold us out.

That said they will still win the comp by a mile

Last edited:

ozbash

Referee
Are you suggesting a 2nd U20s in Ak? There are a number of NZers playing now for OZ clubs in the U20s e.g. Storm - Slade Griffin Greymouth/CH CH, Tohu Harris HB, & some of their U18s (mostly WN boys) who are hardly reject players as they never trialled for Warriors & the same can probably be said of the Sharks & other clubs making inroads into NZ. A second bid or even just a 2nd U20s team (if it were possible) would see talent from outside of AK get a start if it was based centrally.

agree

mean_maori_mean

Juniors

Exactly.

Not only those that are rejected or not looked at but those that are signed b ut dont get a look in.

Auckland in particular could easily get another toyota cup side and it would be top 8 team.
After watching nyc this year there are plenty of under 20 players playing at premier club level who will walk in to sydney nyc side.

And it not like they have to bring them over young anymore - any NRL club could easily watch the Fox Memorial on tv/web and pickup up some talent ready to go at NYC level.

Or they could go to watch the top u/17 and Under 18 sides and pickup guys not yet signed by warriors.

Also not disrespect to the rest of the country.
But warriors dont really need to go outside of auckland.
They would only have a few non-auckland players.

Hence why alot of the wellington/taranaki go Canberra/melbourne.

As for the warriors relyining on union.
It is massively overstated.

About only 4 players in the current squad wld be considered rugby players.
hURRELL, OMAR, DJ COLLIER AND FOTOFILI.

iT easy for a journalist to call them rugby juniors b/coz they played first 15 for their school also.
Ivan penehe - played richmond and Kelston boys etc.

However when they do sign them - they must promise them plenty of game time.
Because DJ Collier, Omar Slaimankel, Fotofilli and Hurell and played nearly everygame.

billy2

Juniors
There are about 5 guys in the Warriors side who could play firstgrade right now.

It was good to see the Knights play them, because several guys were shown up as being unable to tackle players of that level, while a few others showed they could match it with stronger players.

Rodney Mason showed he could take on anyone - but guys like Matt Herman and Aloi Taufaoo didn't make a tackle all game.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Still remember Slaimankhel and Hurrell brawling in the Auckland Grammar/Kelston 1st XV semi in 2009. They got suspended for the final and Grammar ended up getting smashed from MAGS and they were crying after the game lol

goosie

Juniors
1 plays 8 in finals right?? lol if penrith win the next two they could possibly scrape into 8 and could play the warriors in the first week ;)

broncos2010

Juniors
Tell you what if the broncos can make the 8 somehow they might have a fair go, they have nrl experience players in the key positions.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Tell you what if the broncos can make the 8 somehow they might have a fair go, they have nrl experience players in the key positions.

Storm have lost some form lately but re broncos, Harris smoked Gagai & scored a hattrick to boot against them. The nrl experienced ones in your team will have to lift their game big time too, like Storm, who incidentally have no nrl experienced players but quite a few U18s putting their hands up

Latest posts