What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How hopeless is Cricket Australia & BCCI at scheduling

Should've Australia played my Fixture instead of the real one.

• Total voters

TIM !!!!!!

Juniors
As we all probably know by now that the test series in India starts on 23 February, a day after the third T20 match against Sri Lanka in Adelaide. This means players like Steve Smith, David Warner, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Glenn Maxwell and Usman Khawaja will all miss the T20 series beacuse they'll all be in India preparing for a 4-Test match series. So the Australian T20 team would be more like a Big Bash All Stars side.

How can you expect crowds the show up at the game if star players like Smith, Warner and Starc can't play. Also for television viewers watching the games who can't see the best players play the most exciting format of the game.

Australia play a 3-match ODI series in New Zealand starting on 30th Jan and finishing on 5th Feb. Then the T20 series against Sri Lanka starts in Australia on 17th Feb and finishing on 22nd Feb. The test series starts in India on 23 Feb.

The ODI series in NZ should not be played. Australia should've played a 3-match T20 series against Pakistan on the first week of February. Pakistans next series isn't until 31st March.

They ICC and the team boards (CA, BCCI etc.) need to take T20 internationals more seriously. I believe fewer test matches and more T20 internationals should be played.

Australia's summer should've looked like this: (my opinion)
- 3 Test Series v Sth Africa (November)
- 3 ODIs v NZ (4, 6, 9 December)
- 3 Tests v Pakistan (15 December - 7 Jan)
- 7 ODIs v Pakistan (13-29 Jan) Approx
- 3 T20s v Pakistan (1, 3, 5 Feb) Approx

No ODI series in NZL, No T20 series in Sri Lanka.
Then the test series in India can start on Feb 23.

5 Match T20 series should be played regularly. 7 Match ODI series should start being played. Fewer test matches would be ideal - 11 Tests Max. each calendar year for each team in the world.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Should this thread be deleted?

YES (I get 10 responses then im deleting)

NO (I get 5 I'll keep)