What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How kids get chosen for development.

kbw

Bench
And if you are not a former great, find one to legally adopt your son before he trials

Absolutely, you would not believe how many sons of former players and sons of friends of former players/coaches are out there in the u20s etc.

Mind you there are plenty that deserve it. But I have seen kids go from lucky to make a bench spot in one u20s team to starting in another after a mid season swap Connections did it not skill

kbw

Bench
I know from experience Balmain look at all divisions particularly for U/13s but what tends to happen is that once players get to about 14s/15s the better players in the development teams seem to all end up at the one or two division one clubs.

Matt Dufty is an example of a div 2 player making it, Penshurst in typical fashion kept winning div2 in his age group but refused to go to div 1.

I agree with you though on your last statement, the other option now days is to go and get a "contract" at Paddo Colts. :)

Latest posts