What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many 80min games of footy did we play this season?

I'd say 2 games.

The blowout vs Dogs

Away win vs Raiders

To me that shows a lack of growth as a footy team. It's much more relevant than Griffin making the finals twice in a row.

roofromoz

First Grade
We really should have put 60+ on the Knights at home. Seemed to clock off after 55-60 minutes.

Kilkenny

Coach
It should be undeniable that Griffin did poorly with the talent pool at his disposal.

Chris over the course of this season I have come to the realisation we seriously over estimated the abilities of our talent pool.

Some of the players we thought or hoped were special talents are in fact average NRL footballers and no where near as good as we thought.

I accept Griffin is not up to the job but at the same time we have some average players who frankly are not that good.

Just on 'talent' Bryce Cartwright has had a season to forget as we all know with injury issues, off field drama's and when he was available and playing has done absolutely nothing. Defensively he is not up to NRL standard and remains a liability. For his sake maybe a change of club might turn around his stalled career.

As we have seen from this season the current squad despite our hopes is not good enough.

mxlegend99

Referee
Chris over the course of this season I have come to the realisation we seriously over estimated the abilities of our talent pool.

Some of the players we thought or hoped were special talents are in fact average NRL footballers and no where near as good as we thought.

I accept Griffin is not up to the job but at the same time we have some average players who frankly are not that good.

Just on 'talent' Bryce Cartwright has had a season to forget as we all know with injury issues, off field drama's and when he was available and playing has done absolutely nothing. Defensively he is not up to NRL standard and remains a liability. For his sake maybe a change of club might turn around his stalled career.

As we have seen from this season the current squad despite our hopes is not good enough.
This is a load of shit.

Hook underachieved with what he had available. Panthers fans were not the only ones backing us to be successful.

Pretty hard to look good with no coaching being done

Kilkenny

Coach
This is a load of shit.

Hook underachieved with what he had available. Panthers fans were not the only ones backing us to be successful.

Pretty hard to look good with no coaching being done

The coach is not up to I think we've all pretty much come to accept that but the fact is we have some players who we vastly over rated and some who have not performed this season. Nothing to do with coaching or lack there of.

OldPanther

Coach
The coach is not up to I think we've all pretty much come to accept that but the fact is we have some players who we vastly over rated and some who have not performed this season. Nothing to do with coaching or lack there of.

I believe it's everything to do with coaching. A reasonable coach would have this team at least playing like a team which would have had us in the 8 easily at the least.

soc123_au

Staff member

Cartwright hasn't stalled, he has turned into a ghost of what he was under Ivan. Injury & off field stuff have played their part, but the coach need to have some involvement in getting him on track again.

hindy111

Post Whore
Cartwrights gone backwards. From potential nsw star to barely first grade material.

TheFrog

Coach
I think any club apart from the Storm, who are quite exceptional, could ask this question. Most of the top 8 sides have had a few more than us, but my feeling is that the results you'd get would correlate pretty closely with position in the 8.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Cartwrights gone backwards. From potential nsw star to barely first grade material.

It's got to the stage now where I hope he just gets put back to 6 if Moylan leaves, where at least he has some semblance of a defined role, even though it wasn't necessary optimal for the team or him as a player.

Out of 6, Griffin appears to have NFI what to do with the guy.

martielang

Bench
Let's not take into account the fact he's been injured half the year and had a couple of major off field distractions of course.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Let's not take into account the fact he's been injured half the year and had a couple of major off field distractions of course.

Tell me then, since I'm being so unfair, how exactly has Griffin been using Cartwright since he's come back from injury that is of benefit to the team?

Latest posts