What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many mobile phones have you owned?

Lambretta

First Grade
I started with mobiles back in the late 90's

Nokia 5110 was the first
Nokia 3210
Nokia 3310
Nokia 8210
Nokia 8250
3 flip thing
Nokia 6610 (got this off Space Monkey from memory)
Nokia 6131 (flip phone)
Samsung Galaxy S
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S4

That's 11 I can remember by image searching old Nokia's - but I may have had a couple more I just can't remember

I reckon the Galaxy S2 and the Nokia 3210 and 3310 were my favourites though I am rather fond of my current S4

perverse

Referee
Nokia 3310
Nokia 3510i
Nokia N81 (briefly, a loan whilst I sought a new phone after the tragic demise of the indestructable 3510i)
HTC Desire
HTC One

When I get a phone, I grind it into the ground as much as possible. I think I've been really lucky in that each of these phones has been both a scholar and a warrior for me until their last breath. The Desire still runs as my backup phone, although it got left way behind in the early android speed boom... it still functions well as a phone/sms/small bit of net device. All 4 of them damn near indestructable, too. The N81 was largely a merkin and not really mine... I don't really consider it canon in my phone ownership history.

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade
Have had 16 phones in 9 years
Early phones were mostly nokias, indestructible. Had 1 a year through 2006-2008. Then i went with the cheap and easy phones, never paying more then a hundred dollars for a phone. Went through about 10 or so between 2009 and 2012. In 2012 i brought a htc desire and it was my first semi decent smart phone. I finally started looking after phones again so that one lasted about a year, even when i finally smashed it went out and brought the exact same model. In late 2013 i finally brought my first good smartphone, a htx one xl and since then I've never looked back. Followed that up wotg6a galaxy note 3 in late 2014 and then a few months ago went for the galaxy s6

Lambretta

First Grade
Missus must have made him or its a work phone. No body could do that.

I have a Galaxy S4 at the moment and it has another 12 months on the contract, so I'm not updating any time soon

The ONLY I-phone I have ever seen that is even vaguely desirable is the current 6 model.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Have had 16 phones in 9 years
Early phones were mostly nokias, indestructible. Had 1 a year through 2006-2008. Then i went with the cheap and easy phones, never paying more then a hundred dollars for a phone. Went through about 10 or so between 2009 and 2012. In 2012 i brought a htc desire and it was my first semi decent smart phone. I finally started looking after phones again so that one lasted about a year, even when i finally smashed it went out and brought the exact same model. In late 2013 i finally brought my first good smartphone, a htx one xl and since then I've never looked back. Followed that up wotg6a galaxy note 3 in late 2014 and then a few months ago went for the galaxy s6
Thought this was worth a bump as I've been through 4 phones in the last 6 weeks.
About 6 weeks ago i needed cash quick so i sold my galaxy s6, and picked up a htc desire 530. Was an absolute crap phone even for it's price range. Absolutely hated it. After a few weeks i picked up a Samsung galaxy s5 for real cheap. They are a good phone. It's funny i had a note 3 which i believe is roughly the same model range as the s5, and when i went to an s6 i didn't notice that many improvements but going back to an s5 after having an s6 for 18 months you really notice.
Anyways a few days ago i called Telstra to re-organise my plan and i found the only way to cut my bill down, by almost half, was to switch to a new phone so I've virtually gotten a new galaxy s7 edge for free and holy shit it's a good phone

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Talking about indestructible Nokias.

One of mine was a flip phone and during an argument with a former girlfriend in the backyard, I threw it at a tree. It broke into two pieces.

Took me 5 seconds to fix. Just put that electronic strap thingy into the slot of the other half and bingo!

Never missed a beat. Only replaced it because my plan offered me a new phone free of charge. A Nokia N71 I think.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Recently got a Motorola g4 play.

A very well made budget phone, quite pleased with it. A very minimally changed version of android on it, great.

alien

Referee
I've had 4 mobile phones overall and I got my first one in 1999. The phone I'm using now is a Samsung Galaxy Ace and I got that in 2011 and it still works fine.

Pommy

Coach
No idea how many a good few I guess. This is my most memorable one an odd design but very easy to text once you got used to it.

a-7600.jpg

It was great you could take the back off and hide a couple of pingers by the SIM card which was handy on a night out.

Danish

Referee
I've had a phone since about 1997 when I was 13. I got one quite a bit before most of my mates since my dad actually sold the things.

My list of phones is:

- Ericsson GH 688
- Nokia 5110
- Nokia 3210
- Nokia 8210
- Nokia 3310
- Nokia 7250i (my first camera phone)
- Samsung D500 (slide phone)
- Nokia N70
- Blackberry Pearl 8100
- Blackberry Curve 8300
- Blackberry Bold 9000
- Blackberry Bold 9700
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6S

The first 4 phones on that list were all hand me downs from older siblings (with my own paddy's market case added to freshen it up, of course).

The Nokia 7250, Samsung D500, and the iPhone 6S are the only 3 phones I've actually bought myself. Everything in between have all been work phones hence the regular upgrades.

The blackberry Pearl was probably my favourite phone of the lot. Perfect size and the half QWERTY keyboard with predictive text meant I could type about 100wpm one handed

Last edited:

justdave

Juniors
I've owned too many to count. Both personal and through work.

Best IPhones and HTC.

Worst any thing with Sony Ericsson written on it and Samsungs (only because the shit they code into their version Android. Make a good kodi player though).

counterpuncher

Juniors
Very first was a bright orange Bosch with One.Tel...
Must have had at least 10-15 with quite a few Nokias and Motorolas but never a Samsung or an iPhone.
Last few have been a real mixed bag... an Huawei, Asus and my current ZTE.

Parra

Referee
Interesting to look back.

I've had 11 phones since 1998 and few pda's until they got combined

Motorola flip phone - circa 1997. The 'extended' battery was bigger than the phone.
Ericsson GH337 - v.hard to kill.
Orange (rebranded Samsung) back when Orange was a network provider. Awful phone. CDMA
Nokia 8110 - probably still working somewhere
Handspring Visor Pro - palm based PDA with off-line web reading capability and an expansion slot for a GSM phone
Palm Tungsten - cost $$ and shite compared to the handspring visor. Just a PDA
Sony Ericcson P900 - these things were awesome. First smartphone I had
02 atom - Windows mobile. Promised more than it delivered until it became a GPS unit
HTC Touch Dual - truly awful
Blackberry Bold 9700 - another one for the awesome list. Did everything well
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - 1st google phone. Still going. Great device
LG Nexus - Google phone Mk2 - great pda, complete garbage as a phone. LG can't make phones
Samsung Note 5 - awesome all round. Just remember to charge it and charge it and charge it.

Tauadran

Juniors
Hi. My first phone was a black and white nokia, so big and heavy that it was possible to prick nuts, it was in 2001

Latest posts