What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Gallen get?

How many weeks for Gallen?

• Total voters

Glen

Bench
Not so impressive when you consider NSW has managed to keep one up for 7 years now...
Predictable response, although I doubt you'd find many people other than one or two lunatics on here suggesting Queensland haven't been the far superior team in that time. Queensland on the other hand lose one game and the whole world is melting down

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Predictable response, although I doubt you'd find many people other than one or two lunatics on here suggesting Queensland haven't been the far superior team in that time. Queensland on the other hand lose one game and the whole world is melting down

Hardly. This "meltdown" that you refer to is mainly Blues fans in this thread braying over something that simply isn't happening.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Hardly. This "meltdown" that you refer to is mainly Blues fans in this thread braying over something that simply isn't happening.

NSWankers are obsessed by Queensland, always have been.

One need only have a look at the Qlder Game 2 thread to see them trawling through and having their say, hanging onto every development that is occurring in our camp. The Courier-Mail is essential reading, especially for those roaches that reside north of the border. There is certainly no such reciprocation from Queensland supporters, who generally feel intense apathy towards the NSW camp.

Being in the throes of this obsession they have conjured this 'meltdown'. They honestly think that because their side has won one game, that all the state would be completely shattered. Yes a loss is always hard to take, but we've been in this situation before and have every confidence we can make the adjustments necessary to overcome a strong NSW side. The reality is it is only subtle changes that need to apply.

I've often wondered what it is like being a roach, when all they've ever seem to want to know is about Queensland. It is an odd mental state that is for sure.

betcats

Referee
It's obvious that Mr Gallen has seen replays of Wally Lewis confronting Mark Geyer all those years ago - when Geyer was sent out with specific instructions from the NSW coach to use any tactic available to unsettle the Queensland team.

Just like Lewis, Gallen is suggesting that his swinging arm/five punches was his way of standing up to the (apparent) dirty play of Queensland.

They way he is talking (much to the embarrassment of the NSW Footy Show hosts) he is putting himself in that same position of Wally - a guardian of truth and right, standing against the injustices of the Queensland team.

Only problem, Gallen needs to look in the mirror first.

lol this is the biggest wank i have ever read.

Gallen has already admitted he has a grubby past.

The level of sooking over Gallen is pathetic, what he did wasnt half as dog as brent tate belting bird while 3 queenslanders held him down. Were any ex NSW players ranting and raving about Tate like Tallis has been about Gallen? It is pathetic, Gallen punched a big headed grub a few times, get the f**k over it you girls.

7 years has made NSW hungry and willing to kill to eat, it seems to have made Queensland soft and complacent.

Last edited:
The thing I wonder.... Why did Gallen get done by the match review committee for a swinging arm and Nate Myles didn't get cited for his headbut on Hayne?

Joker's Wild

Coach

One need only have a look at the Qlder Game 2 thread to see them trawling through and having their say, hanging onto every development that is occurring in our camp. The Courier-Mail is essential reading, especially for those roaches that reside north of the border. There is certainly no such reciprocation from Queensland supporters, who generally feel intense apathy towards the NSW camp.

Being in the throes of this obsession they have conjured this 'meltdown'. They honestly think that because their side has won one game, that all the state would be completely shattered. Yes a loss is always hard to take, but we've been in this situation before and have every confidence we can make the adjustments necessary to overcome a strong NSW side. The reality is it is only subtle changes that need to apply.

I've often wondered what it is like being a roach, when all they've ever seem to want to know is about Queensland. It is an odd mental state that is for sure.

Kidding yourself 101 lesson right there

Take a look at some of the NSW team based threads of this year and years gone by and you'll find a fair chuck of your fellow Qlderpers dipping in. Also plenty that quote articles from the Telecrap and have a good old whinge at the content.

Amadaca

Juniors

Weren't you abusing Mario on The Footy Show once?

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
lol this is the biggest wank i have ever read.

Gallen has already admitted he has a grubby past.

The level of sooking over Gallen is pathetic, what he did wasnt half as dog as brent tate belting bird while 3 queenslanders held him down. Were any ex NSW players ranting and raving about Tate like Tallis has been about Gallen? It is pathetic, Gallen punched a big headed grub a few times, get the f**k over it you girls.

7 years has made NSW hungry and willing to kill to eat, it seems to have made Queensland soft and complacent.

If it stopped at the punch, there wouldn't be a problem.

I never heard Tate or Tallis strutting around media interviews like some defender of truth and justice, sooking about, "I've just had enough for their dirty play so I had to take matters in my own hands".

As mentioned - take a look at the NRL Footy Show on Sunday and you'll see Fittler, Sterling and Johns - NSW's greatest and finest - reacting to Gallen's line like he's taken an overdose of moron pills and washed them down with a swig of dickhead juice.

By all means - punch away - but once you justify your violence by pointing out the violence of others and framing yourself as the good guy in the entire saga ... please!

And now - after Gallen receives effectively no punishment whatsoever, the NRL has warned both teams not to retaliate in the next game. Typical!

betcats

Referee
If it stopped at the punch, there wouldn't be a problem.

I never heard Tate or Tallis strutting around media interviews like some defender of truth and justice, sooking about, "I've just had enough for their dirty play so I had to take matters in my own hands".

As mentioned - take a look at the NRL Footy Show on Sunday and you'll see Fittler, Sterling and Johns - NSW's greatest and finest - reacting to Gallen's line like he's taken an overdose of moron pills and washed them down with a swig of dickhead juice.

By all means - punch away - but once you justify your violence by pointing out the violence of others and framing yourself as the good guy in the entire saga ... please!

And now - after Gallen receives effectively no punishment whatsoever, the NRL has warned both teams not to retaliate in the next game. Typical!

He is being hammered by geniused Queenslanders, one of them was on the footy show giving it to him, should he just be quiet and not give his side of the story? of course he is going to explain why he did it.

He is the NSW captain and he was sticking up for his team by belting a grub. He never claimed he hasn't done dirty things on the field, didnt he actually admit in his column on the weekend he has been a dirty player?? and he certainly hasn't claimed to be the "defender of truth and justice" - That is just your imagination you fruitloop.

Ricey

Juniors
Seriously Qld's, Your supposed "KING" called for someone to start a brawl while he was commentating during the first game, Then a brawl actually happens & you's are up in arms about it. Maybe Nate Myles should learn how to actually throw a punch if he's going to be a grub.

I honestly hope Qld try & get some pay back in game 2, Cause Gal will just punch holes in some more sook maroons!

GET OVER IT & stop listening to Gordon "The raging bullshiter" Tallis

Haffa

:lol: That is biggest load of tripe I have ever read. QLDers are as bad a Victorians when it's come to how they perceive the people of NSW and their general opinion of their mindset.

The reality is (like Victorians) you provide a cheap laugh.

Knightmare

Coach
Let's face it, the only reason people are still carrying on about Gallen is because the media are- for different reasons.

The only reason the media are carrying on about Gallen is because, apart from his dust-up with Nate Myles, there was nothing else major to report from Game 1. One side dominated and it was more one-sided than the final score indicated, and there was no match-sealing try scored off a refereeing blunder, unlike last year.

Bring on Game 2...

Tweed Titan

Bench

Don't give up the day job, because you're not exactly shrink material if that is what you honestly believe. Are people not allowed to post in the thread for the other team anymore without being labelled obsessed by you? :lol:

I'm sure all roaches feel so very tarred by your self-righteous brush. :oops:

Dazzat

First Grade
Let's face it, the only reason people are still carrying on about Gallen is because the media are- for different reasons.

The only reason the media are carrying on about Gallen is because, apart from his dust-up with Nate Myles, there was nothing else major to report from Game 1. One side dominated and it was more one-sided than the final score indicated, and there was no match-sealing try scored off a refereeing blunder, unlike last year.

Bring on Game 2...

No ... Gallen is carrying on about Gallen. He's the one fronting up to the media, and writing columns, complaining about being suspended for one match.

Here's a scenario for you. Gallen takes the ball up in the second set of Game II and gets wacked by Dave Shillington for no apparent reason - three punches to the head. Gallen is knocked out.

What happens?

a) Shillington stays on the field with a caution
b) Shillington is sent to the bin
c) Shillington is sent off
d) Gallen wakes up and says sorry to the entire Queensland team for being a complete knob, and says, "I deserved that for what I did in game 2 in 2011".

Fizzee Rascal

Juniors
Here's a scenario for you. Gallen takes the ball up in the second set of Game II and gets wacked by Dave Shillington for no apparent reason - three punches to the head. Gallen is knocked out.

What happens?

a) Shillington stays on the field with a caution
b) Shillington is sent to the bin
c) Shillington is sent off
d) Gallen wakes up and says sorry to the entire Queensland team for being a complete knob, and says, "I deserved that for what I did in game 2 in 2011".

e) The universe explodes in utter shock at Shillo the pillow knocking out Gallen.

_Johnsy

Referee
Apologies Desert QLD, had you mixed up with another poster. Comment removed.

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Seriously Qld's, Your supposed "KING" called for someone to start a brawl while he was commentating during the first game, Then a brawl actually happens & you's are up in arms about it.

Almost forgot about that.

Wally was saying that Cronk should've started a brawl to get his men fired up and into the game.

The QLD hypocracy continues.

Latest posts