What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how much money will the 2017 WC make

franklin2323

Immortal
hardly a shock. Can't have games in PNG, NZ and all over Australia and expect to make money when you put the bigger games in small grounds. Aust v Eng should be at Etithad or a ground of similar size. Mt Smart shouldn't have a QF neither should Darwin. Eden Park should host Auckland's QF.

adamkungl

Immortal
Let's look at it rationally.

It's got 10mil from Seven.
Somewhere between 4-8mil from government bids.
Stadium hire covered by governments.
Ticket sales will bring in 5-10mil depending on how much cut the government gets.

Looking at 20-30 mil income.

For all the criticism about travel costs it won't be that bad. Maybe $1mil total using some rough estimates.
Staffing costs $2-4 million (rougher estimates...)

Should make an easy profit well above 10 mil.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd suggest that the hosting revenue would be more over $8mill Adam. Seems round games sold for around $250k, QF $500k-$1mill and reckon Qland paid a lot for the semi and final as that would be very valuable from a roi for tourism to have them Botha week apart.

At a guess:
18 rounds fixtures $4mill
4 QF $2.5mill
2 semi $2mill
1 final $2mill

Basing this on what we know I've Darwin paying $1mill for the best QF, nsw going to pay $2mill for a QF, 2 rounds and women's RLWC

deal.with.it

Juniors
And surely the rlif ceo has said to the wc board "we need to make $x million to fund our strategic plan until 2021."
And now the wc board has planned a wc to fulfill that requirement.
The days are long gone of "just try and put on a wc without losing money."

PaulyTom

Juniors
I hate the doubters. They ruin our game. Constructive comments would assist our game not trollish , shot Jock comments that pull our game down.

I'm absolutely confident this will be the most profitable rlwc in history.

HHH

Juniors
I'm hoping we end up with at least $15million profit for this tournament.
this should set up the next 2 World Cups and foreseeable inter nation program

Perth Red

Post Whore
Last RLWC was a great success and big step forward for the tournament in every way. This one will be even bigger and better. Can't wait to zig zag the country watching games!