What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How rigged is racing?

coolsteve

Juniors
poor Nash, didn`t know which way to look during the blue.saw him smile, look at Singo, back to straight face.love to hear his version

hineyrulz

Post Whore
poor Nash, didn`t know which way to look during the blue.saw him smile, look at Singo, back to straight face.love to hear his version
:lol: Yeah poor Nash, he didn't know which way to look. Then he had to go out and ride straight away.

drago brelli

Bench
How rigged is racing? It's gambling...say no more. I love this Waterhouse v Singo spat. The 'bet with your head, not over it' man Waterhouse is more or less saying that Andrew Johns lied to Aussie Singo. Joey and House both work at 9 on the footy. Watch this space.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
How rigged is racing? It's gambling...say no more. I love this Waterhouse v Singo spat. The 'bet with your head, not over it' man Waterhouse is more or less saying that Andrew Johns lied to Aussie Singo. Joey and House both work at 9 on the footy. Watch this space.
LOL... Loving it too. Not a fan of any of them.

The source for Singo is supposed to be a former group 1 jockey.

I'm at a loss how Tom's business has taken off. I still have memory of the 'Fine Cotton' investigation involving the Waterhouse family. I couldn't punt with him even though he wasn't involved.

I can't disagree with Singo though that there is a conflict of interests between Gai's training and Tom's gambling business. I often hear he has specials on her horses probably to ease punters fears of his knowledge. It will be interesting to see where this goes now.

It will be interesting to see the impact on share prices for the other players as a result of this spat.

Sphagnum

Coach
Doesn't matter what happens. Singo just said what everyone has been thinking.

Massive conflict of interests and it appears that some people have too big a mouth to be trusted with information.

Singleton will drag him through the mud if he wants to lawyer up and take it further. He has lots and lots of friends that widdle Tommy will never have.

/popcorn

The deal he has on Gai's horses seems dodgy anyway.

He refunds bets for people who back a horse that is beaten by one of her's.

If you were a punter I reckon you might consider not betting on Gai's horses given that you can win either way. If you back another horse and it wins, you win. If she wins, you get your money back anyway. I'm no punter so I don't know, but that seems like it might be slightly advantageous to back another horse, especially if you were torn between Gai's and another.

And if it is turning people off backing her horses, even slightly, that could be improving her odds. And everyone knows that trainers/connections back their own horses.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Racing isn't rigged but you have to know which one to bet on. Honestly I never touch under $2 favourites anyway, waste of time. Although must say last weekend was good anyway- had All To Hard on track at $3, so I took that, and had the winner in the Sydney Cup. Also had Missy (whatever the name was) just for a laugh in the first at 25-1. So I did have a good Saturday.

Bottom line, you pick $2 favourites, you deserve to lose.

blaza88z

Coach
Racing isn't rigged but you have to know which one to bet on. Honestly I never touch under $2 favourites anyway, waste of time. Although must say last weekend was good anyway- had All To Hard on track at $3, so I took that, and had the winner in the Sydney Cup. Also had Missy (whatever the name was) just for a laugh in the first at 25-1. So I did have a good Saturday.

Bottom line, you pick $2 favourites, you deserve to lose.

Oh ok, did you also go 1-out in each leg of the big six?

Let me guess, you nabbed it too!

:lol::lol:

please don't aftertime

lockyno1

Post Whore
Oh ok, did you also go 1-out in each leg of the big six?

Let me guess, you nabbed it too!

:lol::lol:

please don't aftertime

I won on 4 races, didn't bet on the others. It is all about knowing what races represent value, and knowing when to not bother about betting. Betting just 'because' there is a race on is not smart. All Too Hard was my 'saver', knew it would win, was the classiest horse of the day, so even if I lost the other 3 (which I was lucky didn't happen), I would have been around even. Never do the big 6, would never be remotely confident with that sort of bet.

Haha not surprised!

But in regards to odds on...even if something is $1.10...that is a 10% return, more then you'd get in a year off most asset classes. Now if form suggests it is a lock, why should I pass in it? Or at least have an expectation that it goes very close to winning. I get all the cliches, but explain to me why you look on?

if something is that short a price why not forget about 1st and look for some value in place betting?