What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How should the NRL Fixture work!

George Smith

Juniors
The NRL has a very poor schedule. Late Thursday Night, early Friday night just don't work.
This is how I think the nrl schedule should work

Thursday 7:15pm
Friday 7:30pm
Saturday 3:00pm
Saturday 5:30pm
Saturday 7:30pm
Sunday 1:30pm
Sunday 3:30pm
Sunday 5:45pm

Having earlier kickoff times will allow more fans to get to the games. Broadcasters will still have good ratings. If matches kickoff no later than 7:45pm on Friday & Saturday and no later than 7:15pm on Thursday & Sunday then the crowds should be good.
Each team should host at least one Thursday night game each year. And the Friday night game should only go to teams that play consistently throughout the whole season (like the AFL).

Any thoughts comment below!

TiggaPlease

I'm thinking Super Dooper Saturday - All 8 games of the round, first game at 6am then subsequent games at 2 hour intervals. Expand to 20 teams and play 38 rounds then finals.

Marlins

Juniors
Friday 7:45pm FTA

Saturday 3:30pm
Saturday 5:30pm
Saturday 7:45pm X2 1 Game FTA

Sunday 2:00pm
Sunday 4:00pm X2 1Game FTA

M2D2

Bench
They will NEVER go back to having MORE than one game on at the same time per week.
Thursday night football is a black hole.
The answer is an onion.

big hit!

Bench
They will NEVER go back to having MORE than one game on at the same time per week.
Thursday night football is a black hole.
The answer is an onion.

I know it's absolutely f**ked. Greenburg was saying that Thu night gets better ratings than monday night so it's staying, conveniently ignoring the driver of the higher ratings is FTA for thursday nights. at that's it folks.....they couldn't give a f**k if we attend games, it's just about ratings and they'll just say what they want to back up their decisions.

multiple games at fan friendly/traditional times doesn't hurt the broadcast rights of the premier and the NFL.

the former still has up to 5 matches a full round beginning 3pm Saturdays. the latter still has up to 8 matches a round beginning 1pm New York time Sundays.

Last edited:

M2D2

Bench
multiple games at fan friendly/traditional times doesn't hurt the premier and the NFL.

the former still has up to 5 matches a full round beginning 3pm Saturdays. the latter still has up to 8 matches a round beginning 1pm New York time Sundays.
Thats because NFL has a monopoly on Sundays and arent beholden to TV Rights holders.
Dont get me wrong I would love more Sunday games, but with the way TV rights goes, its just not happening.

colly

Juniors
Thats because NFL has a monopoly on Sundays and arent beholden to TV Rights holders.
Dont get me wrong I would love more Sunday games, but with the way TV rights goes, its just not happening.
But if add extra/teams games, then where would i put it? If one game added you would add a Sunday TV game for QLD/NSW viewers. Fan friendly Extra Sunday game.

siv

First Grade
Might as well CGI the crowds

No lower grades

Bar watching the reverse angle from the Eastern stand very little to entice a fan to actually attend in person any more

M2D2

Bench
But if add extra/teams games, then where would i put it? If one game added you would add a Sunday TV game for QLD/NSW viewers. Fan friendly Extra Sunday game.
There wont be more teams/games for quite some time. So its not really an issue at the moment. But it would be Saturday 9:30 and Sunday 6pm would be the first ports of call.