How to get CONSISTENCY

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by LINESPEED, Mar 14, 2017.

1. ybur

ybur Juniors

If that was the case why didn't our great leader Widdop harass the referee like Smith, Boyd, Thurston and Graham would have to get his team earning a fair deal. Just another nail in Widdops leadership coffin, No wonder England came last in the recent series!

Qdf likes this.
  2. Carlton

Carlton Juniors

The best teams never contemplate that they are out of the contest, no matter what the score is. Teams that expect to win do well until they are behind and then drop their bundle. If you watched the Storm in the Grand Final the clock was up but they still couldn't believe they would lose and played as if they still had a chance. Goods teams do not give anything easy to the opposition, even if they are losing they fight to not give them the next try.

SGI do not display the grit and fight that good teams do. Everyone can be a world beater when things are going right the real test of character is how you grit it out when things aren't going your way. Steve Waugh was the perfect example of not giving in and gritting it out even when your own form was suffering.

Dragonslayer likes this.
  3. ybur

ybur Juniors

Some of you on the forum, Stop making excuses and Stop trying to work it out. Until the day we get rid of Mary, Doust, Widdop, McCrone, and Lafai, and even Nighty..... we will continue to win 2 and lose 8. Stop analysing every game, every player ....and who should play where and who should be in the team. NOTHING will change UNTIL the above 6 people are BONED and HUNG OUT to DRY!

4. coast_dragons

coast_dragons Coach

Been here what a few days and telling people what to do lol.

dragonssamy61 and Old Timer like this.
  5. Old Timer

Old Timer Bench

Don't worry been here before no doubt.

getsmarty likes this.
  6. Old Timer

Old Timer Bench

Consistency
    The response you will get from certain parties if you say something positive about Widdop.

Coffs dragon likes this.
  7. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

It's sad when the fans, who get paid nothing, spend so much of their spare time trying to make suggestions to fix our problems and the highly paid coach does nothing but try the same thing over and over again. I thought I was cranky when Price didn't fall on his sword. I will not pay a red cent to watch a Paul McGregor team, not one. He is holding our club to ransom.

In all honesty, I don't profess to know what goes on at training, or in the locker room at half time, but you only have to watch the game to know the guy is delusional. No offence, Paul, you're probably a great guy but you shouldn't be coaching our team.

While I am rambling, I do really hope the players can hold the ball against the Sharks or we might be looking at 70-10 all over again. There are signs of improvement when we hold the ball, but it's not altogether too promising when you see Dugan and Widdop busting a gut just to make a half break. One would expect more from the coach after so long in charge. In my profession, I am accountable for everything I do, and will be hauled over the coals if I don't put in for a second. Who is this guy answerable to?

ALSGI and Coffs dragon like this.
  8. Dannyboy80

Dannyboy80 Juniors

It's a forum, analyzing every game and player is exactly what this is for last I checked..What are we supposed to talk about, the weather??

LINESPEED and Gareth67 like this.
  9. ybur

ybur Juniors

Talking about the same thing over and over and over again for more than 4 years is laughable, debilitating, boring and pathetic. The same shit... day after day after day for more than 1,600 days is T.E.D.I.O.U.S. In summary. Dugan should be centre. Nighty should retire. Aitken should go to reggies. Lafai should piss off. Mccrone should piss off. Widdop should be let go. Mann, Milne and a few others should come in. YES WE ALL KNOW THIS NOW. 9,897 posts have told us this. It is now B.O.R.I.N.G!! VERY B.O.R.I.N.G!!!

10. SBD82

SBD82 Juniors

11. ybur

ybur Juniors

Love it.....now thats not boring!! SBD82 you are creative.... and not boring!! Can you play number 6?

12. Dannyboy80

Dannyboy80 Juniors

Well I'll just say I'm looking forward to all the fresh, thought provoking ideas and conversation you'll bring to this boring forum.

13. Alec's-saints

Alec's-saints Juniors

i must say this is getting boring we all say the same sh$t everyday, our opinions won't change a thing we're just fans that is it. lafai widdop mcrone out bla bla bla. yes we get it they aren't first graders!! move on people it's obvious doust and co ain't reading the forum. lol@us

14. OzDragon

OzDragon Juniors

Can't place that loss on the refs. If they'd have held onto the ball, i reckon they would have won. They just weren't switched on

15. BringTheNoise

BringTheNoise Juniors

Walters? What on earth are you basing that on? His extensive resume as a club coach?

BennyV likes this.
  16. grouch

grouch First Grade

Perhaps it's his insightful, articulate commentary on Fox

haha

BringTheNoise likes this.
  17. possm

possm First Grade

Administrative change will only happen if the Club is sold or if the NRL takes over. The Dragon's fans have already made it known that they are not happy with the current system.

The immediate need is for a change in coaching staff.

Qdf likes this.
  18. LINESPEED

LINESPEED Juniors

Social media matters BIGTIME these days !
    So maybe some of them have read this thread - looking for answers like normal people do?
    All ya gotta do is watch for sustained & blistering in your face line speed against the Sharks cum Sunday!!
    You'll find out soon enough in the opening exchanges if they live in a bubble or listen to their loyal fan base, who not only have great knowledge of the game & the Club, but that important perspective from the grandstand!

I've always thought that the fans collectively can pick better teams than the selectors across most sports - because they aren't hamstrung by the politics of officialdom, favouritism & bias.
    Cricket is a good example of selectors dragging the chain on the bleeding
    obvious?
    When you see the ball heading across the Dragons backline at present there's no rush for the fans because there's NO speed or X-factor - no expectation that there'll be that Langlands' sidestep or Gasnier magic??
    EVERY other team is giving their young X-factor speed merchants a proper go. Did you see that pass from French to Radrada??? Bird left because of the Club's slow blooding processes? What an unforgivable loss.
    Have a crack Mary - give us some speed and imagination. Give Field & Dufty a full game. Give Bird something to worry about before your goose is cooked??

ALSGI and Qdf like this.
  19. Qdf

Qdf Juniors

Because Widdop isn't a captains bootlace... Just another bad desicion by our coaching staff..

20. LINESPEED

LINESPEED Juniors

I think it's amazing that the same centre pairing that leaked so many tries against Parra is kept for another round. Poor form is rewarded? I've seen Flanagan hook a player during a game for not playing well!
    There's no selection consistency at the Dragons
    You can only suspect that the coach is too close to established players & doesn't want to rock the boat because the first sacking might create the domino effect - so the hierarchy sticks tight with the status quo.
    A lot of heads might roll??

Qdf likes this.