What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Make The Dragons Great Again

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Find players that are not totally egotesticles!

43529.jpg

'St Georgio'

Thought l'd pass on a 'like' just for your avatar............ well done, mate.
I'm not a religious person but l'm up to my tenth Hail Mary and half a dozen genuflections is hope for a new coach.

GC Dragon

Juniors
The one thing I would like to see is the club stop excepting mediocrity . Our management , coaching staff ,captaincy and players are conditioned to think near enough is good enough .
Nothing will change until we have a change at the top . We need competent modern management with a clear vision of success and the ability to hold everybody accountable for there jobs . If / when this happens we may be great again . Until then we are what we are " Mediocre " .

The one thing I would like to see is the club stop excepting mediocrity . Our management , coaching staff ,captaincy and players are conditioned to think near enough is good enough .
Nothing will change until we have a change at the top . We need competent modern management with a clear vision of success and the ability to hold everybody accountable for there jobs . If / when this happens we may be great again . Until then we are what we are " Mediocre " .

The standard should be top 4 premiership finish.

8th-12th finish for 2 consecutive seasons should mean the chop for Coaching staff.

3 easy steps to make it great again.
  1. Drop the I in the name, get rid of the alternate jumper and the influence from down South.
  2. Re build a strong junior competition in the St George area.
  3. Run the place with proper corporate governance.

While I have periodically yearned for point 1 in the past, I have come to the conclusion that the STG administration side of the JV is largely responsible for the "near enough is good enough" mentality of the JV.

Agree strongly with points 1 & 2.

As the Leagues Club has declined as a profit centre, so has the footy club.

To be great again the Leagues Club needs to be modernised and become socially relevant once more in the STG area.

FlameThrower

Bench
While I have periodically yearned for point 1 in the past, I have come to the conclusion that the STG administration side of the JV is largely responsible for the "near enough is good enough" mentality of the JV.

Agree strongly with points 1 & 2.

As the Leagues Club has declined as a profit centre, so has the footy club.

To be great again the Leagues Club needs to be modernised and become socially relevant once more in the STG area.
Re the Leagues Club, you are seeing many RSL and Leagues Clubs dramatically remodel themselves into multi entertainment and services from Gym, child care and multiple options on food from bistro through to onsite craft brewers!! St George leagues needs major revamp and aren't both board members on both anyway??? There's half your problem!!!

BennyV

Referee
I would add 'many fans' to that list.

BennyV

Referee
Anyone thinking a change in CEO will solve anything. To become the powerhouse we deserve to be, the changes need to happen in the boardroom, both in terms of personnel and structure. If we are to continue being funded by the Leagues club, changes to the FC board need to be mirrored at LC level. Need to overturn the directors and replace them with experienced, successful and diverse business people, as well as ridding the club/s of the bullshit processes designed to keep old bums in boardroom seats.

From there, everything falls into place - vision for the leagues and football club are enhanced, the new board engage a CEO for each to carry out said vision, and this trickles down to the FC.

But yeah, that's not going to happen. So let's just pray for a change of coach so we can get a few years at the top before nepotism takes over again and we take our 'rightful' place in the bottom 8...

Dragon Revival

Juniors
This year the Dragons won 50% of their games and last year 42%. In an exam this would be a fail. This unacceptable rate of success needs to be remedied by improved coaching, better recruitment, promotion and selection and improved playing efforts.

St Georgio

Juniors
I guess another way of creating the rise of dragons to new heights of greatness is to pay attention to how grateful we are in following a footy team that has won 16 premierships, the footy gods will give us more premiership glory, it cannot resist, St George and Premiership go hand in hand, we should just call our team the St George Premiers Dragons!

ALSGI

Bench
What the 1st month of proper NRL or trials and some pre season? If u are right he is out till next April??
It was the same link as the nine.news link posted on the Joel Thompson to Manly, but the page has changed.
Said BMoz was having surgery on Monday and expected to be out for the first month of NRL next season.
Like I said he aint what we need.

Crush

Coach
I have marked down your post Crush. If only it could be true but it seems like we just keep kicking the can down the road and when crunch times comes, sadly we are not up to the mark. We should not be the catalyst for restricting the team's opportunities to win each year. The remedy is so simple; get those in control of our Club to do their job and find the money to hire a decent coach. If they have a firm commitment for someone like Bellamy, then produce a signed contract for a 3 year deal commencing in 2019.

If Bellamy has agree to come to the Club in 2019, then surely the most sensible decision would have been to appoint JD as coach for 2017 - 2018.
Bellamy is contracted until the end of 2018. Doust will throw the kitchen sink at him. Cronk, slater, maybe smith will retire. Bellamy will be ready for his next assignment. He was a dragons supporter growing up!
Bellamy is coming to us!

St Georgio

Juniors
Bellamy is contracted until the end of 2018. Doust will throw the kitchen sink at him. Cronk, slater, maybe smith will retire. Bellamy will be ready for his next assignment. He was a dragons supporter growing up!
Bellamy is coming to us!
Well I hope you are correct, thats probably why they've kept McClueless.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Bellamy is coming to us!

Crush, l thought Bellyache said he was going to retire very soon.
Will probably linked to when Smith retires.