What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howard funds $8m for Kogarah upgrade

Dragons Cross

Juniors
I'm with you DD, all politicians lie it just goes with the job. If someone can show me an election campaign where a candidate has kept all their promises then I'll eat my hat. I'm not saying it's acceptable but just that they all do it so it's hardly worthwhile calling him a liar and not Latham etc. Just look at Bob Carrs previous campaigns for a good example.

Devout Dragon... I suggest you visit this website - www.johnhowardlies.com

As for the lesser of two evils, Labor = right to organised labour, public education, medicare... Liberals = work for the dole, private schools, private healthcare... I know which party I prefer.

Dragons Cross said:
I'm with you DD, all politicians lie it just goes with the job. If someone can show me an election campaign where a candidate has kept all their promises then I'll eat my hat. I'm not saying it's acceptable but just that they all do it so it's hardly worthwhile calling him a liar and not Latham etc. Just look at Bob Carrs previous campaigns for a good example.

Bob Carr is showing his true colours in the last couple of years... he's a closet Liberal (conservative).

aussie_londoner

Juniors
Devout Dragon... I suggest you visit this website - www.johnhowardlies.com

let me guess some leftwingers one eyed political rants. i will never go to something like that.

was it written by a fan of michael moore by any chance?

how about gathering all of howards lies, which im sure there are many. and putting them against the lies of the labor party.
your talking bollocks if you reckon howard tells lies and latham isnt.

Rexxy

Coach
I think we can learn a lesson from our good Scummer friend Wobbygong here. And that lesson is , never look a gift horse in the mouth. I am so over this Us and Them shite when it comes to politics - I believe that it is the OUTCOME that is important. Well designed buildings, and lots of parks and amenities, clean waterways, some thought about resources such as water, enough police and hospitals, schools that provide well rounded educations and of course, some decent local sportiung facilities. No One party will rpovide that. We need to say as a community these are our standards and we expect you to provide or we boot you in the bum.

The fact that OKI requires $8 mill to get it up to scratch is a sad reflection on all pollies , council, state and feral who have gone before. Those creepy dandruff ridden councilors, that spivvy Gary Punch. It also looks bad that the Club hasnt done a thing to secure a home for one of the gr4eatest sporting names on the planet -despite growing big and fat trading on our good name. Frank Facer didnt secure us a home, although Graeme Richardson got us a grandstand. Doug McLelland got us a Grandstand too but it was located 100 kilometres too far south. Then there is the Building Society/Bank that used our name to go from being a Starr Bowkett setup to the 4th biggest bank in Oz.

So if OKI is going from being a deserted house of ghosts to a secure, lit home ground in a few short years, then I will say thank you and well done to ALL the people who made that happen, regardless of political persuasion.

And the role of r2k should not be under estimated.

If this latest activity represents the Alignment of the Planets, Lachlan McLean and friends were the ones with the telescopes.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Hmmmm, Rex - surely you're not suggesting that politicians would take credit for the work of R2K?? :oops: :lol:

Just off the top of my head, the Man Of Steel (and not our Steeler friend) has lied about Tampa, the GST, Iraq & interst rates, to name a few are some of his lies (or "non-core" promises, if you will) what makes you even think of trusting him for a nano-second that he will stump the $8 million for Jubilee??

FOUR CORNERS FORUM :arrow:

Anonymous

Juniors
Rex I reckon it would be great. But I'd rather be hearing it from the Council and the club than from the PM, just before an election.

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

If it does happen, it will be because of lobbying from others. Pollies always take credit for other people's work and Howard does this sort of stuff in his sleep.

We wouldn't be at Kogarah at all if it wasn't for the efforts of R2K lobbying, then the council coming on board, and then Robert Stone picking it up at club level.
When the final hurdles were being jumped, Peter Doust (who was one of the hurdles) then came on board and made the announcements.

A good politician, Doustie sort of took credit for it but I recall saying that it doesn't matter who announces it, as getting back to Jubilee was the issue.

I'm the same with the upgrades. If Howard wants to take credit for it, so be it. But we know better than to think he is the one behind it. In any case, he won't be the PM next year regardless of the election result.

It's all academic anyway. The upgrades were already on the agenda at club, council and departmental levels - whoever is in government after October 9th won't change what was aready there.

You can be sure, regardless of who the PM is, the Kogarah upgrades will still have to lobbied and fought for to make sure it happens.

Surely

Post Whore
GST for small business is nothing like the pain that labour would cause.

Say what you want about the libs / nats .. at least they can mangage an economy, australia has done very well while the rest of the world has been through economic down turns ... all this amongst issues such as terrorism, sars etc.

Wait till Latham gets in and watch it all turn to shit !

They're all a bunch of liars ... you just have to pick the liar who can actually do the job ... not bullshit about how they can do the job

Dragons Cross

Juniors
Surely said:

Say what you want about the libs / nats .. at least they can mangage an economy, australia has done very well while the rest of the world has been through economic down turns ... all this amongst issues such as terrorism, sars etc.

Wait till Latham gets in and watch it all turn to sh*t !

They're all a bunch of liars ... you just have to pick the liar who can actually do the job ... not bullsh*t about how they can do the job

I never thought I'd agree with a sharkie.

Surely said:

Wait till Latham gets in and watch it all turn to sh*t !

They're all a bunch of liars ... you just have to pick the liar who can actually do the job ... not bullsh*t about how they can do the job

The Australian economy has been preforming well for the last 13 years. The Liberals came to power 8 years ago. They came in and took the credit for all the hard work of economic reform that Labor put in place in the 80s (during tough economic times, globally).

As for the Coalition's surpluses... it doesnt take a genius to sell off all your assests just so the bottom line looks good. It would be like selling you house and living in a tent just so you don't have a mortgage and have a little bit of money in the bank.

Also, they've run down medicare, destroying affordable higher education, pushing to completely privatise Telstra... so after cutting all these public services they would want to have a budget surplus. However, what will they do when there is nothing left to cut back or sell off? Then we'll really be in the deep stuff... and i suppose it will be an unfortunate Labor govt who will be in power when the shit hits the fan and will cop the blame.

Another fact I thought i should bring up... Which federal treasurer delivered the biggest budget surplus in history? (on top of public sector spending being far better than today, affordable health care and university). Answer = Paul Keating. It was the budget that would "bring home the bacon" and has continued to for the past 13 years. All that hard work paid off, they'd revolutionised the Australian economy, turned around Fraser/Howard deficits and put us on track. Then several years later, the Libs land in power and take all the credit.

As for Labor's Debt... well of course they had debts. Every govt has debts, especially when they were doing what needed to be done during the 80s so that we could be prospering today. If I want to buy a house, I'd have to borrow money to get it. Then i'd pay it off. What would you expect them to do?

Also, the Liberals are running up a fair amount of foreign debt of their own... you might like to check that out... something like a billion dollars a month. The big worry is what are they spending it on? Obviously not public health or education (the things that Labor champion for).

The thing that gets me is, people who vote Liberal (who aren't rich upper class types) are mindless wankers who fall for the lies spread by the conservatives (and Allan Jones to boot). They're anti-labor but haven't got the guts to say they're Liberals... also, I don't like fence sitters. I say, post your colours to the mast and know what you're supporting. I do. and that's why I'm a proud Labor man and will always prefer them over the Coalition anyday.

Surely

Post Whore
Man with Rod of steel in hand

I see you are taking the high ground here, mindless wankers only vote liberal do they ...

A billion a month in foreign debt ... bullshit, it's private sector debt, a big difference there mate.

Costello is an arrogant prick.. but he is a good treasurer, much like keating ....

Medicare ... now thats a crock, medicare was never worth a pinch of shit and never will be, bulk billing, yes bring that back, so we can have the surguies overflowing with people who don't really need to see the doctor but want a day off.

I liked keating he was fantastic, not a true labour man though ... nothing like crean, beasley, latham and all the other simpletons that make up the labour party now.

For the record I always was a labour man until they booted keating, just goes to show how fickle the voters really are, they'll vote for a clown who tells them what they will do, note the great debate, not someone who will make the hard decisions that are in the best interests of our country ...

Politics what a f**king joke, the only high level job in the world where you do not need a good record, or acedemic credentials, just a good PR campaign !

f**k me i wouldn't let half of the do my shopping. I'd end up with a massive credit card debt and a heap of gods that they bought and gave away.

Surely said:

I see you are taking the high ground here, mindless wankers only vote liberal do they ...

A billion a month in foreign debt ... bullsh*t, it's private sector debt, a big difference there mate.

Costello is an arrogant prick.. but he is a good treasurer, much like keating ....

Medicare ... now thats a crock, medicare was never worth a pinch of sh*t and never will be, bulk billing, yes bring that back, so we can have the surguies overflowing with people who don't really need to see the doctor but want a day off.

I liked keating he was fantastic, not a true labour man though ... nothing like crean, beasley, latham and all the other simpletons that make up the labour party now.

For the record I always was a labour man until they booted keating, just goes to show how fickle the voters really are, they'll vote for a clown who tells them what they will do, note the great debate, not someone who will make the hard decisions that are in the best interests of our country ...

Politics what a f***ing joke, the only high level job in the world where you do not need a good record, or acedemic credentials, just a good PR campaign !

f**k me i wouldn't let half of the do my shopping. I'd end up with a massive credit card debt and a heap of gods that they bought and gave away.

One minute you talk about Labor being hopeless with the economy, next minute you're praising Keating. You really are one of John Howard's buddies... Mr Flip Flop.

As for your comments about politics and not needing a good record or academic credentials just a good PR campaign... well it worked for Howard so I guess you're right.

RICHO

Juniors
I see them all as being useless!!! It doesn't matter a great deal who you vote for, because both sides are chock full of d!ckheads.

And as a Sharkie, who do I vote for?
Howard or Latham?
Both Dragons... :twisted: EVIL!!
Hahaha.

haha, well i think this got a little off topic... but it was nice to see the people I like and respect on this forum have similar views to me. :mrgreen:

Surely

Post Whore
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
Surely said:

A billion a month in foreign debt ... bullsh*t, it's private sector debt, a big difference there mate.

Medicare ... now thats a crock, medicare was never worth a pinch of sh*t and never will be, bulk billing, yes bring that back, so we can have the surguies overflowing with people who don't really need to see the doctor but want a day off.

Politics what a f***ing joke, the only high level job in the world where you do not need a good record, or acedemic credentials, just a good PR campaign !

One minute you talk about Labor being hopeless with the economy, next minute you're praising Keating. You really are one of John Howard's buddies... Mr Flip Flop.

As for your comments about politics and not needing a good record or academic credentials just a good PR campaign... well it worked for Howard so I guess you're right.

Yes and if you could actually read you will see i was referring to the current labour party members being hopeless .....

Flip Flop is right, I'll vote for the party i think will do the best job ...

You think private sector debt is Govt debt ... you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

And yes SS I just got back from the cross burning ..

Ribs

Bench
I believe Peter Garrett said it best a few years ago during a concert on Goat Island.

"Introducing the new Australian style of diplomacy and philosophy.
As long as you can offend no-one and satisfy the people that have got the most money, you stay in government.

Well we dont like those kind of governments in Australia.
Those governments that dont care about young Australians.
Those governments that dont care about nuclear weapons.
Those governments that dont care about resources and the environment.
Those governments that dont care about anything else other than their explicit cynical chase for power."

Its about time that gutless little Bush sucking turd moved out of Kirribilli. Considering he isnt supposed to be there anyway.

wittyfan

Referee
Ribs said:
I believe Peter Garrett said it best a few years ago during a concert on Goat Island.

Peter Garrett has become the invisible man here in Kingsford-Smith. :lol: