What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge wrap on Parramatta Eels' 17-year-old Bevan French

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Phantom just said it was sweaty, he didn't say it was big.

How do you know it's big Hiney? Have you been feasting at the all you can eat Hayne Cock buffet?

TheRam

Coach
Then why is he at the Titans if he wanted to come back to Sydney?

He has never played for a club known for making rational recruitment decisions. They have only ever knocked him back, and now we have too. Surely that's a good sign.

Roosters aren't a basket case mate and money wasn't the issue for them dropping off, but his perceived attitude.

The simple point is, he would of come here if we showed more interest and enthusiasm towards him. He wants/loves that as do most players.

SBW wasn't brought back from Yawnion on chicken pellets mate and he was hardly playing in a team of wobbly wannabes and he is far from being a playmaker mate as you so proudly but ignorantly seem to think every majorly paid player has to be. What you don't seem to grasp is that there are those rare individuals who transcend beyond the norm and exist in verified air. Jarryd is one of those players whether you like it or not. These players bring much much more then just their playing prowess to a club.

The money could of been worked out so it wouldn't break the bank. After all there are other clubs that have more then 1 star player on their books and they seem to be doing alright and even winning premierships. Like I said, short of being a top 4 team next year and really threatening for the title then following it up in the next couple of years with a title, I will consider passing on the best player I have ever seen a huge mistake.

Because a title is the only reason you would swap Jarryd for, not to be an also ran and it's BA's job to get it right. Time will tell.
He got it totally wrong on Watmough and Foran, our 2 biggest signings under his tutelage, so forgive me guys if I am not as confident as you all seem to be.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Phantom just said it was sweaty, he didn't say it was big.

How do you know it's big Hiney? Have you been feasting at the all you can eat Hayne c**k buffet?
Well if the wang in his pants is as big as the wang on his forehead I'd say it would be a larger than average sized package. And if Hayne did have a small cock I'd doubt Bart would be so interested in him.

ash411

Bench
He got it totally wrong on Watmough and Foran, our 2 biggest signings under his tutelage, so forgive me guys if I am not as confident as you all seem to be.
Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing, makes it so easy to judge people.

Same with the Peats release, BA made the best decision at that time with the information currently available to him. Are you suggesting he should have been able to see into the future before making any decision related to recruitment? Do the Eels have a time machine I'm not aware of?

Don't even get me started on Hayne. They made Hayne the best offer that they thought was reasonable, and the Titans paid him overs, so he went there. I'm glad he did myself, but I wouldn't have been upset if he did return to us. I'm just glad that we didn't end up over paying for him. And I don't care "best ever bla bla bla", he'd been out of the game for almost 3 years, he did not deserve to have such a huge contract right away. Sure once he'd run around and showed he still has it, then he gets his payday, but not right out of the gate. I don't care who it is.

You can bag BA all you want because you're salty that Hayne isn't at Parra, but judge his decisions based on the information that was available at the time he made it, not what we know now. That isn't fair to him.

TheRam

Coach
Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing, makes it so easy to judge people.

Same with the Peats release, BA made the best decision at that time with the information currently available to him. Are you suggesting he should have been able to see into the future before making any decision related to recruitment? Do the Eels have a time machine I'm not aware of?

Don't even get me started on Hayne. They made Hayne the best offer that they thought was reasonable, and the Titans paid him overs, so he went there. I'm glad he did myself, but I wouldn't have been upset if he did return to us. I'm just glad that we didn't end up over paying for him. And I don't care "best ever bla bla bla", he'd been out of the game for almost 3 years, he did not deserve to have such a huge contract right away. Sure once he'd run around and showed he still has it, then he gets his payday, but not right out of the gate. I don't care who it is.

You can bag BA all you want because you're salty that Hayne isn't at Parra, but judge his decisions based on the information that was available at the time he made it, not what we know now. That isn't fair to him.

I've addressed these points above, I'm not going to repeat them again. Hindsight my arse. BA should have known what both Watmough and Foran brought to the table. And as for Jarryd, well my opinion is different to yours and we are both entitled to them. Hayne though has given the Titans unbridled positive publicity and success in his last game. The guy is one of maybe of only 3 true SUPERSTARS of our game. He should of been ours.

In my opinion, short of winning a title, nothing else justifies not having in our team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think TheRam is missing the point here. I agree Hayne is close to the best player in the game, even after nearly two years away. Individually he is worth huge money. The NRL would be stoked he is back.

But what Hayne is worth as an individual isn't exactly the same as he is worth to an NRL club operating under a salary cap. His total cost, if counted under the cap, is significantly over his value to his team. Bear in mind that a player's salary cap cost in dollars isn't just about money - those dollars represent the opportunity cost of other players unable to sign for that club.

This is why the game's best players (besides Hayne) all play for clubs able to offer the player significant income outside the cap. Though not as an inducement to sign of course. :wink:

ash411

Bench
Hindsight my arse. BA should have known what both Watmough and Foran brought to the table.
So I ask again, where's our time machine we are supposed to have? or is BA supposed to be psychic or something? There's seeing potential and assessing risk, sure, but there are things that happen (specifically Foran) that you can't foresee.

Sure it's been reported that Forans issues have been ongoing for years, and BA would have witnessed that while he was at Manly, but it didn't seem to affect his performance while he was there, so why would it affect him at Parra?

As for Watmough, yeah that one was a calculated risk that didn't pan out that BA probably shouldn't have taken, but again, hindsight.

The guy is one of maybe of only 3 true SUPERSTARS of our game. He should of been ours.

This is what it all comes down to, doesn't it. Well, guess what, he could easily have been, but he chose to take the extra money instead. I don't blame him, that's his prerogative, and the right decision for him. BA choosing not to dump all of our money out to get him, risking retention of key players was the right decision, even if it costed us a once in a generation talent like Hayne. I know it sounds like I don't like Hayne, but I really do, (I was one of his biggest cheerleaders while he was at the 49ers) but no player is worth potentially decimating your side for.

Let's say BA ponied up 1.6m a year to get Hayne and it cost us Norman, Mau and let's say Gutho, who we couldn't hang on to cause we spent their money on Hayne, and also it stopped us form recruiting a quality half. The team would be garbage, and it would take forever to recover, we'd have to recruit who we could afford, rather than who we want/need, just to have Hayne there, and we've proven in the past that Hayne + 16 lesser guys are not as good as a balanced team of 17.

I'm gonna point it out again to make sure you understand me, I agree with you that Hayne is a superstar, absolutely. I also would have liked him back, where our opinions differ is that you wanted him back at all costs, and I would have been happy to see him back under the right conditions.

Hayne though has given the Titans unbridled positive publicity and success in his last game.
Just quickly on this, Hayne's marketing/publicity value to the Titans is way higher than his value to Parra. He's worth a lot more to the Titans in that respect than he is to us.

emjaycee

Coach
We may have a half decent season next year if we can pick up a couple of decent players, but short of a top 4 finish, it would be just average, something that Hayne and what he brings never is.

What if we finish 5th and then go on to win the title?
Would it still be average?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nah it would be shit to win a comp from 5th, it won't have the same sort of meaning.

Winning from the top 4 is where it is at baby!!