What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge wrap on Parramatta Eels' 17-year-old Bevan French

emjaycee

Coach
Typical response from a know it all.

Never claimed to know more then BA, what i do know which is facts right now is we are a better team with Gutho at fullback so many things suggest that.

French maybe a good fullback but his size is gonna become an issue, and he has never struggled at winger but yet everyone keeps saying it's an issue. It was last year and wasn't yesterday.

Long term he will be our fullback i'm sure but as for now he will be fine on the wing.

You don't have much of a sense of humour do you?
Not sure where I claimed to be a know it all, however as you were.

Personally, I wouldn't change anything from yesterdays back-line for a while either, however I do think we will see Gutho move more permanently into the centres at some point in his career with us. This will be to accommodate French at fullback because despite his overall positive performance yesterday, BA has repeatedly said French is a fullback. He has also said Gutho is a footballer and will be in the 17 whenever fit. For mine, Taka (and I like what he mostly brings) will be the one to make way.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
French is maturing into a very talented player, he does the little things so well now.

Its a good problem to have but they are both brilliant, we just need to fit them both in as they both work well together. I dont think it matters much which one of them plays fullback, we just needed French on the wing cuz the Hoff is injured.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our ability to meet his price should reflect our ability to provide first grade opportunity. A club able to guarantee a top 17 spot should be able to offer more money, since they should be spending less on other players at his position.

Djay

Juniors
You don't have much of a sense of humour do you?
Not sure where I claimed to be a know it all, however as you were.

Personally, I wouldn't change anything from yesterdays back-line for a while either, however I do think we will see Gutho move more permanently into the centres at some point in his career with us. This will be to accommodate French at fullback because despite his overall positive performance yesterday, BA has repeatedly said French is a fullback. He has also said Gutho is a footballer and will be in the 17 whenever fit. For mine, Taka (and I like what he mostly brings) will be the one to make way.
I wouldn't say taking the piss out of me is classified as humour but each to their own.

I agree with all of it, but right now for us moving forward this year Gutherson has to be fullback with French on the wing. Everything suggests it's the way to go for us to have a go this year, every game Gutho has been there his had a major impact on it and injected himself with more quality.

French very well could become a superstar at fullback but right now I think him playing on the wing doesn't hurt him or anyone and in fact improves us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wouldn't say taking the piss out of me is classified as humour but each to their own.
It's not as funny as taking the piss out of me, but it's still pretty funny you boring merkin.
French very well could become a superstar at fullback but right now I think him playing on the wing doesn't hurt him or anyone and in fact improves us.
I reckon we have better wing options in the squad.

Djay

Juniors
It's not as funny as taking the piss out of me, but it's still pretty funny you boring merkin.

I reckon we have better wing options in the squad.
Yea Hoffman is one but Gutherson has to be fullback and French has to be in the team so what do you suggest?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hoff goes back to the wing, French to FB and Guth to centre, Taka to the bench.

When Hoff is fit. BA says French is a FB so I guess he is only subbing for Hoff on the wing for now.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

When Hoff is fit. BA says French is a FB so I guess he is only subbing for Hoff on the wing for now.
Taka to Wenty, he's not a better option than Scott, Edwards or one of the props.

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't understand why people feel Guth would be wasted at centre? Because he had one quiet game against a gun defence last weekend?

He's a strong runner with good footwork who is excellent at taking advantage of a retreating or unsure defence and has a nice passing game. Plus he's a very good defender. He's built for the centres.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I'm sure Gutherson can fill in on the wing too. He's done it previously but he didn't yesterday. I assume it was part of BA's scheme to disrupt McGregor's shitty game plan. Worked a treat, but kicks to pin us in French's corner (or drag him over the sideline) will become the new normal in the coming weeks.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't understand why people feel Guth would be wasted at centre? Because he had one quiet game against a gun defence last weekend?

He's a strong runner with good footwork who is excellent at taking advantage of a retreating or unsure defence and has a nice passing game. Plus he's a very good defender. He's built for the centres.
Arthur said as much in yesterday's presser. We didn't give Gutherson much opportunity in Darwin.

emjaycee

Coach
It sux that we have to wait until next Tuesday to find out what BA is thinking.
Hoffman due back for Dogs game and hopefully yesterday's backs to chose from.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Hoff and Gower will be 20 and 21. Will have to wait till game day to know BAs thoughts. Gee Vave looks unfit. Thought he was ordinary yesterday.