What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge wrap on Parramatta Eels' 17-year-old Bevan French

Bazal

Post Whore
He's been run over plenty of times on the wing. Going low either allows a crashover try or invites the offload.

Funny you weren't whining about his defence when I said exactly the same thing about him being one of our best five backs and a lock for FG a few months ago

Couldn't be that you just want something to argue about, could it?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Funny you weren't whining about his defence when I said exactly the same thing about him being one of our best five backs and a lock for FG a few months ago

Couldn't be that you just want something to argue about, could it?
My point was that you can hide a legs tackler at fullback. Why do you think Mitch Moses was introduced to first grade there?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Except the Tigers used Rowe, Hitchcox and Blake Austin at fullback after Moses moved to the halves. And while Moses was at fullback they used Curtis Sironen in the halves.

Happy MEel

First Grade
He's been run over plenty of times on the wing. Going low either allows a crashover try or invites the offload.
Seeing as though you have no evidence that he has been run over plenty of times on the wing, I'll refute that and say he rarely gets run over on the wing.

84 Baby

Referee
Except the Tigers used Rowe, Hitchcox and Blake Austin at fullback after Moses moved to the halves. And while Moses was at fullback they used Curtis Sironen in the halves.
Coaches play players out of position all the time though, right? Why, I'm reminded of a similar occurrence just last week...

I was gunna say to Twizz, that it's not Pou's fault that the injury thread has turned into one about selections, it was some merkin who speculated on how we'll get out of this mess.....

From Monday (about 4000 posts ago).

Just as well we have plenty of backup. Is this the kind of injury that'll force Arthur's to shell out for a mid season transfer to save our season? Or can we cover it from within the squad?

Then I realised. :)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The first four are not what I would describe as being run over. The last one I'm pretty sure 99% of players would have done the exact same thing in the same position in cover defence.

I'll give you two occasions from that list that he wasn't able to put a good shot on. Hardly "plenty of times".
Those are just the times for which we have video evidence.

Anyway we know he gets overpowered regularly. Merkins were whinging about it when he played fullback. How much more so on the wing where players are more isolated?

Last edited:

Latest posts