What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge wrap on Parramatta Eels' 17-year-old Bevan French

Bazal

Post Whore
That's not an answer. Probably a good reason for that.

Ok, fine, you want to play the victim like all these other stupid merkins? It was a whining pile of rubbish. Thinly veiled, pointed sarcasm at the idea that someone would dare disagree with your silly and easily rubbished theory, airy fairy "what if" horseshit, zero evidence, just a piece of "oh you disagreed me with me now I'm sulky" rubbish. It came across as a bald faced whine.

I would rate it Glenneel/10 and I honestly thought you were a better poster than that, and the "poor me" shit you've carried on with since.

Ok, fine, you want to play the victim like all these other stupid merkins? It was a whining pile of rubbish. Thinly veiled, pointed sarcasm at the idea that someone would dare disagree with your silly and easily rubbished theory, airy fairy "what if" horseshit, zero evidence, just a piece of "oh you disagreed me with me now I'm sulky" rubbish. It came across as a bald faced whine.

I would rate it Glenneel/10 and I honestly thought you were a better poster than that, and the "poor me" shit you've carried on with since.
Get a grip mate, you've lost perspective. You're the one who called the very suggestion that someone you don't even know might have been sulking "stupid", and when it was explained how it might be possible, yes with some sarcasm, you write it off as sooking.

lingard

Coach
His not a fullback either, Gutherson is much better at the back.

His got so much raw talent but he really isn't kicking on and last night he shitted me severely, he looked like he did not even wanna be there and that is a huge problem in itself, on top of his size and everything else.

I've never really got all the hype over him. Quite erratic and over-rated in my opinion.

Bazal

Post Whore
Get a grip mate, you've lost perspective. You're the one who called the very suggestion that someone you don't even know might have been sulking "stupid", and when it was explained how it might be possible, yes with some sarcasm, you write it off as sooking.

Edit-Nevermind, forget about it

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
Lol.

Semi was great, but he wasn't THAT great.

The biggest thing we're missing from him now is his runs from acting half, honestly. Although his kick returns would also be very handy. He and Gutho were demons for getting into acting half at just the right moment last season and going for a dangerous little 10m plus scoot, which set up a bit of a roll. French, too, was quite good at it in the middle of the field at times. It was good because our hookers don't do it at all....now, with French and Gutho sidelined for much or all of the year, and Semi gone, no one is really doing that, so we've lost a key part of what we were doing to change up the attack a bit.

Only sensible thing you've said in a while.

lingard

Coach
I say plenty, you just like to focus on the stuff you don't agree with :p

When you actually talk about football you make a lot of astute comments. But lately you've just been doing a narky little imitation of Pou Pou Escobar. f**k knows why

Bazal

Post Whore
When you actually talk about football you make a lot of astute comments. But lately you've just been doing a narky little imitation of Pou Pou Escobar. f**k knows why

I think you need to take me far less seriously, mate.

There are no doubt posters, especially of a certain "attitude", that I enjoy stirring....Once again, you'll note I've never called yourself a death rider, for example.

strider

Post Whore

Sorry Baz but you can turn into a bit of a condescending merkin at times when you wanna win an argument/discussion

I probably dont agree with the suggestion Bev has dropped his bundle over fullback, but its certainly not a ridiculous suggestion .... a f**kload goes on we know nothing about, who says BA hasnt lost faith in him and Bev knows it

Incorrect

Coach
Sorry Baz but you can turn into a bit of a condescending merkin at times when you wanna win an argument/discussion

I probably dont agree with the suggestion Bev has dropped his bundle over fullback, but its certainly not a ridiculous suggestion .... a f**kload goes on we know nothing about, who says BA hasnt lost faith in him and Bev knows it
Mate, have you ever been in to the cricket forum? You think Baz is condescending here?? He's meeker than Ned Flanders in here compared to what he comes up with over there!! Lol!

Bazal

Post Whore
Absolutely! Nothing like confidence in your experience to make you condescending tosser, I always say.

emjaycee

Coach
I reckon Bevans best spot is actually fullback.
He is a similar size to guys like Dufty, Slater and Coote. I just think he needs to be playing behind a forward pack that can make some yards and get some decent offloads out to him. A bit like Dufty, Slater and Coote (except this year) get.
Oh and I am not suggesting he replaces Gutho there - that is a problem BA has.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I reckon Bevans best spot is actually fullback.
He is a similar size to guys like Dufty, Slater and Coote. I just think he needs to be playing behind a forward pack that can make some yards and get some decent offloads out to him. A bit like Dufty, Slater and Coote (except this year) get.
Oh and I am not suggesting he replaces Gutho there - that is a problem BA has.
I tend to agree but he doesn’t shift Gutho IMO so his best bet is to look for other opportunities.

Gronk

Staff member
I tend to agree but he doesn’t shift Gutho IMO so his best bet is to look for other opportunities.

Well unless Norman does something about his efforts, straightens up and runs the ball to create more opportunities, then maybe

1. French
6. Gutho
7. Moses

Is the way to go.

emjaycee

Coach
Well unless Norman does something about his efforts, straightens up and runs the ball to create more opportunities, then maybe

1. French
6. Gutho
7. Moses

Is the way to go.

Not necessarily this year but I still wouldn't mind seeing:
1. French
2. GL
3. Jennings
4. Gutho
5. Hayne (2018) / Big New Winger (2019)
6. Norman
7. Moses

For mine Hayne is probably done after this year. Not that he doesn't have the skill, but to be honest I don't see the desire. Even with limited opportunities in the 2 and a bit games he has played, I honestly didn't see any urgency or willingness 'off the ball' from him.

I know some will think that Gutho is wasted in the centres, but seriously have a look at some other clubs and who they have running around in the 3 or 4.
- Roberts
- Inglis
- Mitchell
- Chambers
- Blake
- Naiqama

Gutho would be in good company with any of that lot.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah i agree, french would go ok at fullback if healthy and behind a team performing half decent

Though having said that, Gutho showed he can even go ok behind a team playing like plop

Also agree with exactly what you said about super boy

Gronk

Staff member
I haven’t put the line through Hayne yet. Simply because he hasn’t had an opportunity to play normal footy yet. He played Penrith Manly Sharks and we seriously only had the ball for 30% of game time.

Latest posts