What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge wrap on Parramatta Eels' 17-year-old Bevan French

emjaycee

Coach
I haven’t put the line through Hayne yet. Simply because he hasn’t had an opportunity to play normal footy yet. He played Penrith Manly Sharks and we seriously only had the ball for 30% of game time.
I know he hasn't had much opportunity, but I sat there for each of those games and looked for enthusiasm in our players... who was pushing up in support, whether they were going to get the ball or not... who was on their toes, waiting and looking for a chance... who was calling out for the ball whenever it came anywhere near them... who attacked the defence with the expectation of breaking the tackle and creating something... who was getting the ball at speed and not just dancing around looking for a hole to open up...

Unfortunately I didn't see Jarryd do much of this (oh and he wasn't alone BTW) however regardless of what amount he agreed to sign on for, he IS a senior player in our squad and should be doing all of the above naturally and making his own opportunities.

Gronk

Staff member
<rant> FFS ruck the ball up you pussy French. </rant>

Seriously, you're big enough merkin.

Da8wrxZVMAAA8U4.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
This weekend we have seen 3 tries by brilliant young quicks. Ponga, Isaako and Roberts. Each player scored from a standing start and ran 70m+ just using great footwork and raw speed.

The Qn is ... does Bevan have the 2016 burning pace in his kit bag now after that knee injury ?

Chipmunk

Coach
Has French found a Super League club for 2019 yet? Hopefully his Manager is sorting something out for him now. It's going to be harder to find his client a gig once he is playing NSW Cup again.

emjaycee

Coach
This weekend we have seen 3 tries by brilliant young quicks. Ponga, Isaako and Roberts. Each player scored from a standing start and ran 70m+ just using great footwork and raw speed.

The Qn is ... does Bevan have the 2016 burning pace in his kit bag now after that knee injury ?

As least 6 or 7 of the tries in that clip were in the Nine's which means he had more room to move and make a lengthy run before scoring. Apart from the Nine's tries, only 2 or 3 involved him needing to run more than about 20 metres. Most of the short ones were scored off kicks or nice passes from his inside man (cue Corey Norman not remembering how to cut out pass to his wingers anymore) with French doing the finishing.

This year it seems we are spreading the ball along the line to him and he is getting either jammed against/over the sideline, copping a shite pass (at least twice from Gutho) or is actually scoring the try. He has scored only one try from a short kick where he was able to get over his opposite man and score and I honestly cannot remember him getting a 20+ metre cut out pass from Norman to put him into space at any time. His only other tries this year were from passes within the 10 metre zone.

I know he doesn't ruck it out like everyone wants, but he is still finishing when given the chance and to be honest, we are never going to get kick returns from French like we did from Semi.

Gronk

Staff member
As least 6 or 7 of the tries in that clip were in the Nine's which means he had more room to move and make a lengthy run before scoring. Apart from the Nine's tries, only 2 or 3 involved him needing to run more than about 20 metres. Most of the short ones were scored off kicks or nice passes from his inside man (cue Corey Norman not remembering how to cut out pass to his wingers anymore) with French doing the finishing.

This year it seems we are spreading the ball along the line to him and he is getting either jammed against/over the sideline, copping a shite pass (at least twice from Gutho) or is actually scoring the try. He has scored only one try from a short kick where he was able to get over his opposite man and score and I honestly cannot remember him getting a 20+ metre cut out pass from Norman to put him into space at any time. His only other tries this year were from passes within the 10 metre zone.

I know he doesn't ruck it out like everyone wants, but he is still finishing when given the chance and to be honest, we are never going to get kick returns from French like we did from Semi.

How about he puts in efforts equivalent to what Will Smith would do, if selected on the wing ? A reasonable request IMO.

emjaycee

Coach
How about he puts in efforts equivalent to what Will Smith would do, if selected on the wing ? A reasonable request IMO.
I wasn't justifying his effort but rather comparing his finishing of opportunities given they have been somewhat limited in 2018 compared to 2016.

Noise

Coach
It's a concern that the guy with supposedly one of the best attitudes in the club has put in a couple of games with shit house effort.

Gronk

Staff member
It's a concern that the guy with supposedly one of the best attitudes in the club has put in a couple of games with shit house effort.

If he has a bung shoulder, then they should rest him. Playing NRL and avoiding contact helps nobody.

If he has the yips, then play him in Reggies against slow nuffies to get his mojo back. FMD The Hoff is sitting in the stands watching this rubbish.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
”The boys all love playing for BA”

Yeah sure looks like it.
Yep. It’s all BA’s fault.

It’s all BA’s fault that French has lost form.

It’s all BA’s fault that those pants make Gronk look fat.

It’s all BA’s fault that Hiney hasn’t scored a root since 2006.

It’s all BA’s fault!

It’s all BA’s fault!

It’s all BA’s fault!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep. It’s all BA’s fault.

It’s all BA’s fault that French has lost form.

It’s all BA’s fault that those pants make Gronk look fat.

It’s all BA’s fault that Hiney hasn’t scored a root since 2006.

It’s all BA’s fault!

It’s all BA’s fault!

It’s all BA’s fault!
Overeaction much???

They cut you off at a Ballistic early last night???

We keep hearing how much they all love BA and love playing for him and offering shit sandwiches on game day.

Where did I say it was all BA’s fault, it’s a combination of every single merkin at the club atm.

Latest posts