What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hutchison suffers ACL Injury

RedVDave

First Grade
I really sincerely feel for the bloke but I don't think he was our best option anyways.

goggles

Juniors
Really, really feel for Hutch, I know it's football but for him to be in waiting for soo long to get a decent shot at first grade, everything seemed to be falling into place then the football gods strike him down, and now he's got a long rehab and who knows from there.

Just another reminder why players chase money over loyalty, they basically have to because injuries can wipe you out at any moment. Hope he recovers and comes back stronger.

Off topic, crazy (brought about from watching those clips of Dufty) is that Dufty has to play fullback and to give him support bringing the ball back, high kicks etc I'd have Dugan on one wing (since his passing is not great anyway) and the big unit MacDonald on the other...not gunna happen I know but imo it would work
I said it a while ago and copped a bit of stick, but I think the same as you re. Dugan and the wing. He would be the highest paid winger in the game, but that's where his skill set is best suited. He could also be used to play a Minichello type role, interchanging with Dufty and bringing him along. In an ideal world he would be let go at the end of the year and his 'spine money' then used elsewhere, because unfortunately he isn't a spine player...at least for us...

Belta

Juniors
The main thing we(objective view and myself agree on is the stupidity of a lot of posters on this forum. And yes, that includes you Einstein.

I guess that's a dig at the Dugan to wing suggestion. The way I see it, many of our world class outside backs in recent years, (and Dugan is a world class player) are interchanged from wing fullback centre etc and excell, I understand having halves like Cronk, Thurston as the maestros is a big reason but the players still interchange positions with no effect and imo that's why it would work, and Dufty has imo has a bit of the Ben Barba aura about him, his speed and evasiveness is something our lack lustre attack needs, but if that's a sign of my stupidity then so be it, doh where is the any key

goggles

Juniors
"The main thing we(objective view and myself agree on is the stupidity of a lot of posters on this forum. And yes, that includes you Einstein"
That was a quote from a while ago Belta, I have no idea what it was about (I'm not sure that Vasilevsky could tell you either?). It has nothing to do with you and this thread.

Belta

Juniors
Oh okay sorry, as my wife would vouch for I'm the king of misreading people and situations, just the other day we were camping and a fellow camper walked up to me with a beer, after saying hello i said mate I just spoke with your daughter and grand daughter, they walked off that way, he said you mean my wife and daughter, then promptly walked off, leaving me standing there holding the opened beer, very awkward indeed, not cool

Looks like the Hastings rumour won't go away.

Ayoub his manager is trying to re-open negotiations with the Dragons.

I think he will get a no thanks from Millward.

He can play its his shit attitude that puts people off.

Maybe the harsh reality he may play the entire season with Wyong would change his tune.

The amount of halves the Roosters have on their books its unlikely he will get a go.

hewi

Bench
The reason the Roosters were so bad early in the season was Hastings. Trust me I watched a number of their games ar the SFS and we don't want Hastings . Out of the frying pan and into the wok!!!

RedVDave

First Grade
I'm in huge favour of signing of signing Hastings hell the last Roosters reject we signed went ok

RedVDave

First Grade
The reason the Roosters were so bad early in the season was Hastings. Trust me I watched a number of their games ar the SFS and we don't want Hastings . Out of the frying pan and into the wok!!!

Nothing to with no Jennings, JWH, Cordner and Pierce?

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-17_20-35-50.png
    upload_2016-12-17_20-35-50.png
    922.8 KB · Views: 1

jak

Bench
RE- Hastings
As i've said before, he couldnt wait to join his beloved Roosters.F##k him
if you remember at the time uncle nick said he should be playing for his dear old dads club.funny they let him play with saints until he was ready for grade footy?

Eastview

Juniors
No one is carrying on you have basically made that up to justify your comments.

He has been a passenger in what 4 games of first grade lol seriously did see Widdop actually help him at all Widdop is worse then a passenger he is crap and getting worse.

How on earth can any player improve the attack have you forgotten who the coach how on earth do you see it improving.

I am glad you think you made some sense because honestly you made little.
I see you conveniently ignored my question so I will ask it again, think to yourself this, how many other NRL teams would he be the starting number 7 for?

Dragsters

First Grade
I see you conveniently ignored my question so I will ask it again, think to yourself this, how many other NRL teams would he be the starting number 7 for?

Hey genius, you could say the same thing for just about any rookie half with less than a handful of first grade games under his belt.

How many current junior blues and kangaroo halfbacks are there running around?... um 1.

It's about blodding juniors pal.

Eastview

Juniors
Hey genius, you could say the same thing for just about any rookie half with less than a handful of first grade games under his belt.

How many current junior blues and kangaroo halfbacks are there running around?... um 1.

It's about blodding juniors pal.
Well for starters he is not the current junior blues and kangaroos halfback and he also played 5/8 so there goes your argument.

Also you ask, How many junior kangaroos halfbacks are running around? Off the top of my head the halves currently playing are (there are probably more):

1. Chad Townsend - Better than Hutchinson
2. Ashley Taylor - Better than Hutchinson
3. Nathan Cleary - Better than Hutchinson

Even though he played junior reps it does not mean he is cut out for the NRL. Have you heard of any of these players?

Ben Jones
James Cunningham
Nathan Massey
Patrick Mago

All of the above and PLENTY more played for the Junior Kangaroos and haven't successfully made it to 1st grade.

I bet you're one of the fans who thinks Dufty is gods gift to football? Yes he is talented but lets not get ahead of ourselves, Evander Cummings anyone????

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Hutchison will make it and so will Dufty as both ate talented players in teams that finished first and third respectively in their competitions.