What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyundai A-League :: Finals Week Two

Jobdog

Live Update Team
And then there were four.

hal2012-13-fw2.jpg

Mong

Post Whore
That would be great.

I think the Victory, heart says roar but will wait for confirmed lineups to make an actual prediction.

Big Sam

First Grade
WSW and MV.

Wanderers will get probably the biggest crowd at Parra for the last few years. Unlike the derbies which had some rows of empty seats behind the goals, there won't be any this time because all members have had to purchase tickets.

Ridders

Coach
WSW and MV.

Wanderers will get probably the biggest crowd at Parra for the last few years. Unlike the derbies which had some rows of empty seats behind the goals, there won't be any this time because all members have had to purchase tickets.

Those empty seats, for the last derby, where because a lot of people bought tickets in the Southern end of the ground but made their into the Northern end. Northern end was packed way beyond capacity. Plenty of people had to resort to sitting on the grass hill behind the advertising boards. Hoping that it doesn't happen again this week.

Am worried about the Roar, seem to be hitting form at the right time of the season.

Will go with CCM and WSW.

Big Sam

First Grade
The GF will only be at Allianz or AAMI Park. It won't be at Bluetongue or Parramatta.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The GF will only be at Allianz or AAMI Park. It won't be at Bluetongue or Parramatta.
If it's WSW vs CCM then Allianz is the obvious choice, but you can't tell me if it's CCM vs BRI they'd be better to have it at Allianz and not Bluetongue. They probably won't get more than 20k to it anyway ...

Misanthrope

Staff member
If it's WSW vs CCM then Allianz is the obvious choice, but you can't tell me if it's CCM vs BRI they'd be better to have it at Allianz and not Bluetongue. They probably won't get more than 20k to it anyway ...

Makes the league look weak to play the grand final at a pissant suburban ground like Bluetongue. It won't matter, as it'll be WSW v the Victory.

Wanderers 2-1
Victory 2-0

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Makes the league look weak to play the grand final at a pissant suburban ground like Bluetongue. It won't matter, as it'll be WSW v the Victory.

Wanderers 2-1
Victory 2-0
I'd argue a full stadium is better than one that's only half full though.

Big Sam

First Grade
We had this discussion last year before the Mariners choked and I'm pretty sure the FFA said it would still have been at Allianz even if they had played Brisbane or Perth.

Let's not forget the GF falls on RL's Rep weekend where there are no decent matches on in Sydney.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The FFA has been notorious for not saying ANYTHING about a GF venue until the time actually comes to award hosting rights.

Bluetongue has not been ruled out.

Big Sam

First Grade
I think so. ANZ's out because of a concert and even against Victory, you'd get 10-15k more at Allianz than Parramatta.

Latest posts