What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Tim Paine so the rumour goes, yet he cant even get a gig for the worst team in Australia

That's not because of poor form or ability. He's a solid keeper and a solid bat, and nobody else is exactly setting the world on fire.

If it weren't for his badly broken finger he would have taken over from Haddin (probably before earlier than Haddin would have liked).

How on earth does Marsh keep getting a chance? We've seen exactly what he offers...he's a solid cricketer but a massive downhill skier with no improvement or long term potential.

And holy shit the CHAIRMAN OF SELECTORS was just asked by Crash Craddock if he was worried that Paine was overlooked for Jake Doran as keeper for much of last season....he responded that he couldn't comment on what happened at Tasmania last year as he wasn't aware what went on.

Interestingly, it was another Marsh who kept playing Paine in the second XI for Tassie (until that Marsh was fired).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That's not because of poor form or ability. He's a solid keeper and a solid bat, and nobody else is exactly setting the world on fire.

If it weren't for his badly broken finger he would have taken over from Haddin (probably before earlier than Haddin would have liked).

possibly in T/20s but not tests imo

he's kept in 2 first class games in 12 months, so yeh, that's apparently good enough

when asked if he knew Paine was not first choice in Tassie when fit, Hohns replied "I dont know what goes on in Tassie"

you couldn't make this stuff up

Bazal

Post Whore

he's kept in 2 first class games in 12 months, so yeh, that's apparently good enough

when asked if he knew Paine was not first choice in Tassie when fit, Hohns replied "I dont know what goes on in Tassie"

He hasn't been keeping but he's still equal to Nevill. It's a weird selection but at least he's a real keeper

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He hasn't been keeping but he's still equal to Nevill. It's a weird selection but at least he's a real keeper

no arguments from me

my wheelie bin is a better keeper than dickfingers

84 Baby

Referee
i have a feeling the selectors think our pace attack will skittle England cheaply and we won't need anymore than 4 or 5 batsmen to get the runs.
We could bat all 13 in the squad and still struggle to get whatever modest total the bowlers restrict the Poms to

He hasn't been 1st choice there this year because Wade moved there, and he was the incumbent test keeper, and they basically had to play him.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
All the enthusiasm i had about going up to gabba for day 1 has been tempered with the fact shaun marsh has been picked again.

Seriously what photos does he have

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He hasn't been 1st choice there this year because Wade moved there, and he was the incumbent test keeper, and they basically had to play him.
Yeah but last season he was being kept out by a 19 yr old jake Doran.

He could of been playing about his 50 or 60th test by now if it wasn't for some terrible finger injuries but he is a shadow of the player that debuted in 2010. That said he is still a step up from Scissor hands.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yeah but last season he was being kept out by a 19 yr old jake Doran.

He could of been playing about his 50 or 60th test by now if it wasn't for some terrible finger injuries but he is a shadow of the player that debuted in 2010. That said he is still a step up from Scissor hands.

Scissor hands.
Lol.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Honestly - is it Cricket Australia's policy to include at least one f**k up in the line-up, when ever they are given the chance to do so?

SMarsh, MMarsh, Wade, Beer, Cowan...

Ffs - it's pathetic!

I'll say it now so I can't be accused of being a Monday's expert, while I wouldn't have picked him, I think S Marsh will do ok at number #6.

I reckon Handscombe might struggle against Anderson (at least for a few tests....his technique when playing balls in the channel is a bit avant garde).