What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

huh ?

last night was the first one, prior to that is was a 4 day test match and prior to that the ODIs and they were streamed online

not on TV that I was aware of prior to last night

Maybe I was too drunk and got the gender of the players wrong?

Or:

"Cricket Australia today confirmed the Nine Network will broadcast all six limited-overs matches in the multi-format Ashes series live and free from Brisbane, Coffs Harbour, North Sydney and Canberra."

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/wom...twork-live-stream-wbbl-network-ten/2017-08-04

Ok Swampy O’Speedwagon.

Wow he averages 34 in Australia and is 34 after being dropped 7 times. That record just screams out just pick me.

Take out that big 100 against a club standard West Indies his record looks even worse. That wicket was also an absolute autobahn but apparently I just remember a few failures on Boxing Day and the New Year test :neutral_face:

I wasn't saying the you only remember the Boxing Day / NY tests. I'm saying that those games get into the the broader public mind a lot more than others. They certainly got into mine.

My point is that you and a lot of others seem to think that the bloke can't bat. He can. It's a question of whether or not there's anyone better out there. There are some young blokes who might turn out to be, but they might also turn out to be a lot weaker. And thanks to the wonderful cricketing schedule we now have, we don't get to see players string together that many first class games.

I'd have picked Lehmann or Ferguson I guess, but there are four or five guys (including Marsh) that I could understand them picking.

Incorrect

Coach
Also Marsh has been opening but let’s find the gimp a spot at 6.
This is what makes me sick. It's almost like the selectors asked him, "Hey Shaun, would you be OK if we batted at you at 6 if we pick you for the first test? You're in the side regardless, we might open with Bancroft though, is that cool?"

Bazal

Post Whore
Bancroft could of slotted in at 6 no problems at all.

Probably would of done a good job at shoring up a misfiring middle order.

Honestly Marsh is a dud, he’s had that many chances. His Australian form is rubbish, most of his best cricket has been played abroad. Not sure how anyone could support the selection of Marsh in any shape or form. He’s never finished a series through form or fitness.

Bancroft would be the slowest striking six in the world. Yeah it's test cricket but you still don't want turtles down at six and seven... Bancroft makes Renshaw look like Maxwell, he had to play top of the order

Bancroft would be the slowest striking six in the world. Yeah it's test cricket but you still don't want turtles down at six and seven... Bancroft makes Renshaw look like Maxwell, he had to play top of the order

It's a bit of the tortoise v the tortoise race. Renshaw strikes at 42.8 and Tonker Bancroft at 43.1 .

strider

Post Whore
huh ?

last night was the first one, prior to that is was a 4 day test match and prior to that the ODIs and they were streamed online

Well find em corporate sponsors to fork out the cash .... thats how FTA TV works

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sangha the second youngest player ever to score a FC 100 against the Poms.

The youngest was some bloke named Tendulkar.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
watched Sanga bat for a bit, he murdered anything short

bats a bit like Punter

Dibs

Bench
huh ?

One dayers were definitely on tv as I watched them with my daughter. The test was only streamed online

Bazal

Post Whore
Was at the women's game at Manuka.

Shit house effort with the bat really, 152 is hardly imposing and to get rolled for 112 in reply was a poor effort on a cracking wicket.

Was at the women's game at Manuka.

Shit house effort with the bat really, 152 is hardly imposing and to get rolled for 112 in reply was a poor effort on a cracking wicket.

I hope you let them know how disappointed you were with their performance.

He looks the best young bat to come through for a long time.

That innings was very impressive.

Just bear in mind that he's got a long way to go (he hasn't played Shield cricket yet). 5 or 6 years ago Kurtis Paterson performed a similar feat when he struck 150 on debut for NSW v WI. He's now 24 and has played about 40 first class games.

Good to see if he gets some Shield games with the test players away.