What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have to be honest..

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
I have to be honest and I have to let off some big steam.

That right there, teamed with last weeks effort, is nothing short of pathetic. We have such a strong roster, yet we can't score goals, we can't defend, we can't even win a f**king scrum when it's our feed!

We are slow, we're not hungry and we don't look like we care. We look like not even a shadow of what we did last year and with the team we have that is just not on. As a paying member and as a passionate fan I feel so let down.

This is the slowest start to a season with a team so good that I can remember from any team in recent history. At this rate, it's bottom 4 and I truly mean that.

What are some of the positives? Well, we played about 20 to 30 minutes of solid football, even though our attack lacked and was very flat, we did defend well in that time.

Other positives? Mickey Paea is a gun and currently the best forward we have at the club form wise. Ben Barba is an x-factor that we need to keep on the bench and Blake Green should start at 5/8 for Roberts, who is playing so horribly below his 2009 form it's verging on horrendous.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Congrats guys. Honestly. Defence wins games and you've proved that. Defence, mixed with some explosive back line attack. It's just a deadly combo and I'll be shocked if you don't finish top 2.

I'm confident we can possibly come back and finish top 4, but we have a lot of work to do. This is the slowest start to a season I've seen from us for a while.

Ridders

Coach
Can't argue with you man.

Only bright spot for me was Barba. Great try.

I thought we'd bounce back after our sluggish start last game but its also carried over into this game as well.

Last edited:

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
That's the thing, so much talent but playing so poorly. It seems to me, watching last week and this week, that the attitude is just "I don't care, whatever. It's just footy.." which is horrible.

Kimmorley, Roberts, Gordon, Ryan, even Stagg.. Guys like this who've been the key to our last year of success are playing poorly. We have no cohesion, so many defensive problems, can't hold the pill. It's so frustrating.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Can argue with you man.

Only bright spot for me was Barba. Great try.

I thought we'd bounce back after our sluggish start last game but its also carried over into this game as well.
Have to agree with you dude. Barba and Paea where our two best.

Paea was great off the bench as he was last week. I really loved his work rate, his aggressive running and the fact he looked like he gave a sh*t.

Spot On

Coach
Just a few things that I have noticed with the Doggies:
1. Y. Gordon is an average first grader
2. Andrew Ryan used to hit a lot of holes on the edge of the ruck and crash over for a few tries once upon a time. Not any more????
3. Ben Roberts - although strong and good runner of the ball when he actually takes the line on - adds very little in attack, is showing poor ball skills and kicking skills.
4. Mick Ennis was obviously a big loss tonight
5. Is David Stagg playing as well as he did last season???
6. Ben Barber needs to start as 5/8 maybe.

Ray Parlour

Juniors
Bulldogs over achieved last season and its definitely showing.

Kimmorley is done. Seriously, can't believe the bloke reckons he could play on for 5 more years.

Forward pack was rubbish. Stagg has a real go, Hannant has a high work rate but the rest are absolutely useless.

Ryan

Juniors
Chin up guys. One thing you DO have that a lot of you have forgotten to mention, is a relatively fit bunch of guys who at least appear very hungry. You have it in you to improve, and improve exponentially.

I'm saying this as an Eagles supporter.

You have a innovative, cutting edge CEO. You have an innovative exciting coach that is willing to take a risk and try new blood out.

You have experienced 1/2's, that will obviously get better as the season moves on.

You have a fullback that is relatively injury free, and a great asset to your team.

The most important thing for you guys is that you should be thankful your not Manly this year. We won't be able to beat our way out of a wet paper bag. Our coach is risk adverse. Our players are distracted both on and off the field.

In fact - this season looms as a real downer.

You guys have great things to look forward to in my opinion.

rlfan

Juniors
I'm sure things will improve. I think they are missing Eastwood a lot. I think I only saw one offload from the dogs all game.

Just have to wait til they play some easybeats........Oh wait there are no easy beats any more.

xofstgeorge

Juniors
Notice the difference when the dragons win? Our supporters come in here and allay your fears that your season is all over, whilst if the scoreboard was reversed we would have been inundated with scum bag gloating trolls that jump on the bandwagon...
Just a difference in class of supporters, thats all.
Oh Btw, you guys sucked so badly out there last night. Am glad a scumbag club such as yours is travelling so pathetically and doesnt look like there will be an end in sight. Doggies for 2010 spoon

ironhorse

Juniors
Eastwood is a missing flavour ... I think Halatau was the attacking ,creative forward that the dogs got to replace him but he is now missing . There is no spark out there ,the only interest comes from Paea and Barba who no coincidence are not in the run on side . The side seems to lack desire and hunger at the moment ,is it because of the lack of depth hence most of the side is a guarateed start each week ?

KKW

Juniors
Posted this last week.....it still stands this week............................................... Dogs looked very flat and ordinary. They overachieved last year and with Noddy looking really slow can't see them making an impact this year. Back to the bottom of the table for the dogs this year.

mxlegend99

Referee
I made the trip to the stadium with a couple of Doggies supporters last night and while I tipped the Dragons, I was really hoping you guys would show up and possibly even win (if Panthers win it worked in our favor). Dragons vs Doggies games are usually absolutely awesome which I why I was so pumped to go... When you guys don't show up for this game then you definitely have something wrong. Hopefully it's easily fixed though as I have Morris, Idris and Ennis all in my Virtual NRL team figuring you guys for a safe top 4 bet.

At any rate it's a long season and I wouldn't count you guys out just yet. Rumour is you picked up Joel Romelo and he should add a bit of depth to the team when you're missing Michael Ennis for Origin/injury/suspension. Might even force his way into the full strength side.

ByRd

First Grade
Yeh was a very disappointing effort last night, i really dont know what to say. It is still early but we have alot of problems and we need to fix them up asap before we fall to far behind.