What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hope this is fake news

Skinner

Coach
Sadly, I don't think it is fake news. I know we have talked about it on here, but it's frightening to see it in black and white. Surely there is a better way. Oh, to have another Campo...

Come on, you know we are that stupid, it's probably closer to 2.8million!

He would slip into the kiwi culture and slacken off. We have seen it with others, Luke in particular.
Need some Aussie graft/grit in the team. We could get 3 lower grade guys for that.

Life's Good

Coach
We have been linked to him as well. By the sounds of it our thoughts on him are the same as yours.
Overs for an under performer(unless his coach is Bellamy or Bennett).
Hope he ends up at the Knights. Brown would get him performing.

JJ

Immortal
Maybe it's just me but always thought Adam Blair is pretty shit

Just be another overpaid underperformer that Kearney picks every week regardless of the dross he delivers

vvvrulz

Coach
He was particularly useless in the Baby Broncos match vs us, I think he was captain. Completely uninspired.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Im not a big fan of Blair either but I really think he's headed our way and so we should expect to see him as a Warrior.

He's havin a good game at the moment for the Broncs.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Maybe it's just me but always thought Adam Blair is pretty shit

Just be another overpaid underperformer that Kearney picks every week regardless of the dross he delivers

Remember him having a big game in the 09 Grand Final I think it was, probably should have gotten the Churchill, but was playing wider then and had more power in his running game

As a front rower don't rate him at all, starting front rower averaging 89m per match this year isn't very inspiring. He might be able to teach the younger guys how to put a bit of filth in as his best attribute

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He's not a leader in the true sense of the word. When he's surrounded by great players and good environments, he's fine. Good even. When he's in bad environments - Tigers, Kiwis at times - he's not worth a pinch of shit. And we know which one we are. Classic example, the game v us at Origin time. He was captain. He made 69m and missed four tackles. Steve Price he is not, he'll coast here if given the chance.

And Wayne Bennett talking him up so hard makes me think he's quite happy to have Blair's salary off his hands as he gets older. Wayne Bennett, the snake in the grass that he is, doesn't talk people up without an agenda. This strikes me as a convenient way for the Broncs to clear the salary cap, bring in a younger, hungrier prop while Blair goes out to pasture somewhere else.

I just dislike everything about this signing if it happens. The four year deal for a 31-year-old doesn't sit well with me either.

spear tackle

Juniors
I actually quite like Blair brings a bit of mongrel with him, its just given his age, length they want to sign him and for the amount of money they are prepared to pay him I think it could be spent better on at least two or more up and comers that show promise.

Warriorsoul

Juniors
I actually quite like Blair brings a bit of mongrel with him, its just given his age, length they want to sign him and for the amount of money they are prepared to pay him I think it could be spent better on at least two or more up and comers that show promise.
IF he hadn't been so crap at the Tigers I'd be more keen. And it wasn't just his infield performance that was worrying, it was his attitude of not trying cos he didn't like the club. So given all the concerns, he's what, a 50/50 chance of being good, and that's too big a risk to drop that much coin on.

I don't rate James Graham either, I think he's peaked

Iafeta

Referee
Aaron Woods says the above is incorrect. Says he was first to training. Last to leave.

JJ

Immortal
Well if Aaron Woods says he was lingering about the place, then clearly he was - doesn't change the fact that in a shithouse team with a shithouse culture Blair was shithouse - which is how he's been everywhere except the early years at Melbourne when we wasn't a prop, and plenty of players have looked better than they are in that system

Mighty Ape Man

Juniors
And he ain't getting that here.
And that's the problem right now. We don't have a strong team. No matter what players we bring it won't change a thing if the whole team doesn't buy in. Need to weed out the rubbish and get a "team" together. No more bullshit prima donnas and players who don't put in every week. We need 16 more players with Simon Mannering's attitude and determination.

So Blair (or any other player) will only work if it really is a TEAM effort.

That being said.... 2.4 million for 4 years? Ya f**king kidding!! I thought we proved already (this year) you can't buy a premiership team. You have to build it.

I'm all for short term pain for long term gain but really it feels like it's just pain ALL the time.

Should have given Cleary the job for life.... :disappointed:

Latest posts