What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know its probably to late

Moffo

Referee
But with the swans winning today, the olympic stadium is all free for us on Saturday Night

I think we should try pressuring the NRL/Bulldogs to change the venue. And if any of the Dogs management are reading this, PLEASE, for the sake of the fans, move it there, this game will attract more than 22,000

Please

Cheers,
Moffo

Grantwhy

Juniors
ahhh!! That's what Karma is

1) Kick out the NRL because the AFL say they can bring a bigger crowd

2) The Swans actually win when the bookmakers were giving them odds like the Dragons had against the Broncos

3) Because they won the Swans won't be playing their next game in Sydney

4) It is probably too late for the NRL to switch back (planning issues, ticket allocations etc?)

5) NO-ONE plays at the olympic stadium = no crowd = no money for the olympic stadium

[cassie_speak]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/cassie_speak]

Of course, if they were smart the management of the olympic stadium would of asked the AFL to guarantee their money before agreeing to kick out a definant tenant for this weekend ;-)

and if anyone wants to post that on a AFL forum - go ahead :) if you do please post here any intresting replys ;-)

Solon

Juniors
... and good on the Swans!

Grantwhy said:

4) It is probably too late for the NRL to switch back (planning issues, ticket allocations etc?)

5) NO-ONE plays at the olympic stadium = no crowd = no money for the olympic stadium
Actually it will be in Sydney in two weeks time rather than next weekend. Yeah, the joke's certainly on SA now! Except it's likely to guarantee an even bigger crowd for Sydney v Adelaide or Brisbane for a GF berth against probably Collingwood.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Solon said:

Grantwhy said:

Actually it will be in Sydney in two weeks time rather than next weekend. Yeah, the joke's certainly on SA now! Except it's likely to guarantee an even bigger crowd for Sydney v Adelaide or Brisbane for a GF berth against probably Collingwood.

so your saying that *no-one* playing at Stadium Australia this weekend and a good crowd next weekend is a better that 2 weeks of crowds?

hmm - wonder if the NRL might have a definate booking for Stadium Australia in 2 weeks time ;-)

anyone know if the locations for week 2 of the finals are already set?

Solon

Juniors
Grantwhy said:
Solon said:

Grantwhy said:

so your saying that *no-one* playing at Stadium Australia this weekend and a good crowd next weekend is a better that 2 weeks of crowds?

hmm - wonder if the NRL might have a definate booking for Stadium Australia in 2 weeks time ;-)

anyone know if the locations for week 2 of the finals are already set?
No, I don't think I did say that. Obviously with the benefit of hindsight I'm sure SA would much rather have chosen the Bulldogs and had games on in both weeks; but having an even bigger crowd a week later will be of some consolation to them I'm sure.

Moffo

Referee
The swans will be playing either adelaide or brisbane so they are going to have to rely on 80k Sydney fans coming out in 2 wks, without the huge support base that most melbourne clubs (such as collingwood did) bring with them

NRL don't have another game scheduled at SA until the preliminary final, which is a week after the Swans game

Does anyone actually think this game would attract less then 22k? If not, then why shouldn't they move it to SA to accomodate all the fans

Cheers,
Moffo

Solon

Juniors
Seeing as the Dogs wanted to make the decision last week rather than wait to see if the venue was available, the timeframe must be important to them - it makes me think that moving it now might be logistically difficult.

If it isn't, then why not? It'll be win-win.

timmy!!!!

Juniors
dimitri said:
afl gets what it deserves

what? A winning Sydney team that will play for a spot in the GF at Telstra Stadium. If they had of lost they would have still only played one game in sydney.

I've heard alot of people say that the Sydney public like a winner (usually from RL supporters that explain why the Swans are getting good crowds) so hopefully the large bandwagon support will make up for the lack of opposition supporters.

Have the Bulldogs already booked the showgrounds? They should play where more of their fans can attend.