What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I like this Anthony Siebold

I just watched Sieb's get interviewed by Kent and Ikin on NRL 360 and I must admit I like what I saw. He is not only well spoken but also seems to have a deep understanding of both the game and the players.

Some points I took out:

1. He pointed out that although our effort has been great, we have let ourselves down by being ranked 15 for penalties conceded and 12 for errors. IMO this has cost us at least one more win.

2 He pointed out an amazing stat that even though we have had less possession in 4 out of 5 games we are number 1 for metres gained in the comp. This says to me if we can fix up the penalties and errors the sky is the limit.

3. He wants our ball players to have their hands on the footy more and play what they see and they regularly practice this. I like what I see of this already and think it will improve as the play makers get more confidence.

4. He stated he takes full responsibility for our defensive philosophy and effort. No debating with players. I love this.

5. In attack he said that Furner is responsible under instruction from him, but he also wants input from the players. He gave an example about this weeks game where he wants players to talk to him about whether the roosters jam in our spread in attack and how we can counter this. I love that he is making players more accountable for their decisions and the game plan. This can only benefit us in the long run.

6. He makes the players simulate all these scenarios at training.

7.He's stopped reading or watching all media so he doesn't second guess himself.

As a 44 year old Rabbitoh's fan, I was initially disappointed to see Madge sacked. He was the Messiah who brought us into the promised land. I will always love Madge. However, I have come around to the idea that we needed change and Sieb,s is the man to bring us that.

Love to hear your thoughts, Stan

Rabbits20

Immortal
I just watched Sieb's get interviewed by Kent and Ikin on NRL 360 and I must admit I like what I saw. He is not only well spoken but also seems to have a deep understanding of both the game and the players.

Some points I took out:

1. He pointed out that although our effort has been great, we have let ourselves down by being ranked 15 for penalties conceded and 12 for errors. IMO this has cost us at least one more win.

2 He pointed out an amazing stat that even though we have had less possession in 4 out of 5 games we are number 1 for metres gained in the comp. This says to me if we can fix up the penalties and errors the sky is the limit.

3. He wants our ball players to have their hands on the footy more and play what they see and they regularly practice this. I like what I see of this already and think it will improve as the play makers get more confidence.

4. He stated he takes full responsibility for our defensive philosophy and effort. No debating with players. I love this.

5. In attack he said that Furner is responsible under instruction from him, but he also wants input from the players. He gave an example about this weeks game where he wants players to talk to him about whether the roosters jam in our spread in attack and how we can counter this. I love that he is making players more accountable for their decisions and the game plan. This can only benefit us in the long run.

7.He's stopped reading or watching all media so he doesn't second guess himself.

As a 44 year old Rabbitoh's fan, I was initially disappointed to see Madge sacked. He was the Messiah who brought us into the promised land. I will always love Madge. However, I have come around to the idea that we needed change and Sieb,s is the man to bring us that.

Do you have a link to the video at all mate?? I don't have FOX!

He does seem to know his stuff! He's starting to show some more passion too!

At the end of the day thought we need wins.

All this talk will count for zilch if we continue to be outside the 8 and the same mistakes keep happening!

We certainly have a committed bunch of lads buying into it currently though!

JetRider

Juniors

Some points I took out:

I was also impressed and agree with your comments, I like his philosophy which will generate smarter footballers. I do think that the team will only get better and has already shown an improvement from previous years. We do need to be a little more patient with them as they are still evolving. I also like his comments re Adam Reynolds which emphasised that AR has had little football time due to his injuries and was still getting fit but said he had done really well considering.

callmack1

Staff member
Couldn't agree more Stan, I'm a big fan of him.

I said it right from the star that a change was needed and Seibs was the man to do it. I could also see that he knew his stuff right away.

I love how he's come in a made changes but they've been important changes, changes for a reason. He hasn't just come in to stamp his autority. He has a new, fresh, different approach and I'm loving it.

I think the squad is loving it too! It's clear they're a lot happier, more focussed and they are playing with passion and pride.

Pommy

Coach
The change was much needed and hadn’t Madge won a title it would have happened 12 months earlier.
I was a little worried that it was going to be more of the same with him already having been on the staff but so far everything seems to be working out. We are still a work in progress by Seibs seems to be the builder to do the job.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Kennar, Nicholls and Tatola have been masterstrokes recruitment wise!

If you'd said last year that this season we'd be a dominant pack against Rorters without Sam, Murray, Fui and Musgrove you'd be called crazy!!!!

Loving our depth with Hunt in the backs too and Campbell for around origin time!

Plus Douiehi and Farah as back ups!