What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to know whats going on

doyen

Bench
Nope mate.

Blind Freddy can see Goodwin has been our most consistent. No contest. Look,at his work rate mate....

Goodwin is arguably playing his best footy ever for Sths--very consistent & at times pretty dangerous in a team who has generally been ordinary all season.
I don't really understand why Sths would spear him at this stage.
It appears that Sths have decided to go with a younger side which I applaud but does that really require dumping a good performer??!!
As for Hunt;he has played 28 first grade games & scored only 5 tries----he doesn't do much in attack & I can't really remember him doing anything clever!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Goodwin does a lot of running yes but he is slow and makes massive errors at crucial times. He's done it a few times this year. I wouldn't offer Goodwin a 2 year deal anymore. I suspect Goodwin is earning a fair bit more than hunt. Hunt is literally on close to minimum wage. He got his chance in the NRL and his shown to be a consistent defender.

I don't understand why people on here rave about Goodwin. He literally reaps the rewards off of other players. Any solid NRL player could finish off tries like he does. In fact I quite distinctly remember in 2014/2015 his struggle to even make the first grade squad.

The key indicator of the ridiculousness of these comparisons is in first grade games played. Hunt has played less than 30 first grade games yet has better defence than Goodwin. Goodwin has played over 150 first grade games.

Offering Goodwin a 2 year deal would actually be a backwards move by Souths. It would stump the development of our younger players.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Goodwin is arguably playing his best footy ever for Sths--very consistent & at times pretty dangerous in a team who has generally been ordinary all season.
It appears that Sths have decided to go with a younger side which I applaud but does that really require dumping a good performer??!!
As for Hunt;he has played 28 first grade games & scored only 5 tries----he doesn't do much in attack & I can't really remember him doing anything clever!!

Goodwin has only scored 66 tries in his whole career...

Go Bunnies

Juniors
I thought Aaron Gray played well last night. If Sharks can keep him on the field he will go well there

Rabbit toes

First Grade
FFS Anything related to goodwins retention is pointless. He left for opportunities to explore Europe with his family. It's been stated multiple times. If that's his desire, then a 1 or 2 yr contract won't change a thing.

He's leaving, Get over it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Bravo bravo.

You tell SSTID mate.

I applaud this post Doyen.

Sheer brilliance.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Goodwin does a lot of running yes but he is slow and makes massive errors at crucial times. He's done it a few times this year. I wouldn't offer Goodwin a 2 year deal anymore. I suspect Goodwin is earning a fair bit more than hunt. Hunt is literally on close to minimum wage. He got his chance in the NRL and his shown to be a consistent defender.

I don't understand why people on here rave about Goodwin. He literally reaps the rewards off of other players. Any solid NRL player could finish off tries like he does. In fact I quite distinctly remember in 2014/2015 his struggle to even make the first grade squad.

The key indicator of the ridiculousness of these comparisons is in first grade games played. Hunt has played less than 30 first grade games yet has better defence than Goodwin. Goodwin has played over 150 first grade games.

Offering Goodwin a 2 year deal would actually be a backwards move by Souths. It would stump the development of our younger players.
Not as slow as you make out. He's actually been running well imo.

It wouldn't say massive errors. An error here and there but even top players make those.

Hunt imo has been inconsistent defensively too. No better than Goodwin.

I'm over here on the floor laughing. Reaps rewards off other players.......... Ah he gets us on the front foot and breaks tackles with quick play the balls and gains metres while Hunt is AWOL having a cruise instead of pulling out his finger from his arse.

He didn't struggle making the squad. He played most of the games and he had injury/ies.

Goodwin is a big loss and we haven't signed anyone to replace him. Burns or Jennings are not the answer. Graham has the goods but we only have this for next season:

GI
AJ
Gagai
????
Graham

handyman2190

Bench
Not as slow as you make out. He's actually been running well imo.

It wouldn't say massive errors. An error here and there but even top players make those.

Hunt imo has been inconsistent defensively too. No better than Goodwin.

I'm over here on the floor laughing. Reaps rewards off other players.......... Ah he gets us on the front foot and breaks tackles with quick play the balls and gains metres while Hunt is AWOL having a cruise instead of pulling out his finger from his arse.

He didn't struggle making the squad. He played most of the games and he had injury/ies.

Goodwin is a big loss and we haven't signed anyone to replace him. Burns or Jennings are not the answer. Graham has the goods but we only have this for next season:

GI
AJ
Gagai
????
Graham
Everything here i agree with
We need 2 backs 2 props not backrowers playing prop

Rabbits20

Immortal
Agree we will miss him
Mate just read all the comment on other social media and go out to ANZ talk to others and make a stand and ask will we miss Goodwin???...

I've already asked and discussed that with over 30 guys I know at the game!!!!

There is only about 3 in here that say he's no good and won't be missed!!!! I personally don't know what they've been watching.

In fact Handyman after Angus and Sam he's been our next best.

Here you go:
R20' top 3 for season 2017 no contest:

Angus
Sam
Goodwin

Rabbits20

Immortal
Everything here i agree with
We need 2 backs 2 props not backrowers playing prop
bravo bravo......

We had to keep one of Goodwin or Gray imo.

We let 2 go and now how will we attract at least one more????... preferably 2...

If guys think Jennings and Burns are the answer they mustn't want success..

You can already see Campbell has the goods. He will be much better than Hymel will ever be.

Some said Brown wouldn't be a loss.

The guys saying Goodwin isn't a loss will end up with egg on their face.

If GI goes down you can't just expect Gagai to do all the shit work.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I met Adam Reynolds the other week Handyman and his words when I asked him were that Bryson is a very big loss for us and he's a very good player.

He also said every season the NRL is becoming tougher and tougher to compete in....

Also he said Cook and Angus won't be going anywhere.

I get the feeling Adam likes Cook too. A few weeks back in media he said Cook has similar traits to Issac.

doyen

Bench

We need a class centre----one who is both very strong in attack & defence.

Hunt is a strong defender but so far has shown very little in attack!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The funniest thing about this whole debate is that Hunt is carrying injuries. Hunt has played nearly every single game injured because of how poor our depth is this year.

This whole Goodwin debate
would be much more simple if Goodwin didn't almost turn the game on its head last night. That dropped ball that lead to a try could of very easily been a momentum changer if the dogs actually cared.

Round 2 against manly. Goodwin literally cost us 3 tries due to poor errors and bad defence.

Last week hunt saved 2 specific tries playing inside of graham. I don't see Goodwin do stuff like this.

Goodwin is an overhyped player. He makes stupid errors. Just because he's a fan favourite doesn't mean he's the best Centre in the game let alone the Souths squad. Im sure Goodwin is a great guy personally but he's so overrated especially on here. You wouldn't even have him in the top 10 centres in the game.

Goodwin does reap the rewards of others hard work. Very few of goodwin's tries are individual brilliance. Most of them are falling over the white line because of perfect passes.

i dont think we dumped goodwin we just did not offer him overs like the super league did. great player one of my favs and i wish him and his family the best in the UK.

doyen

Bench
i dont think we dumped goodwin we just did not offer him overs like the super league did. great player one of my favs and i wish him and his family the best in the UK.

Look--you're correct!! There are probably circumstances that suited Bryson to fly the coop anyway!
He'll do better financially I would guess!!

Latest posts