What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Was Just Rejected At ANZ Stadium Homebush Tonight

St. Brett

Juniors
Hello from an internet cafe at Liverpool at this strange hour (for me).

It's about 7:10pm as of writing this - Monday night.

My night hasn't gone to script.

I'll do my best not to swear or lose my cool typing this thread.

Ohhh boy.
Where do I start.

I guess my first question is, do we live in a free country?
Is Australia a free country?
And are we aloud to express ourselves without conviction under the freedom of speech right?

Where's my entitlement to have a sense of humour in NSW it has to be asked?

I was rejected tonight because of a banner I took with me.

I left home at around 4pm thisarvo.
Got to Homebush at around 6pm.
Got to the gates, didn't purchase a ticket. (something told me they'd f*ck me.)
Went straight to Gate D is it?
Is general admission gate D?

The nice lady with the glasses mans that section.

She was asked to observe my banner I brought along with me.
She held it up to the camera behind me to let the 'yes men' see it.
Then an authoritive arsehole bloke came over, took one look at it and said no way.
If that guy didn't have his head stuck up his arse then I don't know.

She radioed it through to head quarters.
They made me wait 10 minutes.

She came back at me and said it has to be hooded and left with me you're free to come in otherwise.

On what grounds they rejected my banner was it didn't represent either team and you're wearing a Western Suburbs Magpies jersey to boot.

My banner read Reserved For Ghosts and came with a scream mask that was to be attached once in the ground.
I was protesting about the lack of fans that are attending their sh*tty ground.
It was done in humour and took me over 2 nights to complete.
Not mentioning gluing it down and taping it, or stealing the actual white banner from a construction site.

I told the lady to relay a message to the arsehole that rejected me and I said, 'tell them they are absolute killjoys.'

Which they are.

I'm done.
That's the last time Brett Gaddes attends ANZ Stadium Homebush.
They don't want my patronage or sense of humour then get knotted.
They are f*cking killjoys and do everything in their power to take the fun out of football.
You are not aloud to have a sense of humour anymore this day and age.
People misunderstand your humour.
It's the same as being sarcastic.
You're not aloud to show any wit anymore this day and age and I give up.

Seriously....my chest is heavy and I feel like smashing someone’s skull right now.
I just traveled in the over packed train then back here to Liverpool and tore my sign to pieces and kept my broom handle.
Here I am now walking around Liverpool with all the dead beats with a f*cking broom handle, rejected, dejected, loss of faith....lost.

OurRedV told me to register your banners.
I was told at the ground you have to register it with the club that's hosting the game.
I e-mailed the actual ANZ Homebush Stadium itself on Friday and asked to register it which they never bothered to reply to.
I didn't know you had to register it with the club.

This isn't the last you've heard of this.
I've been made to feel like a second rate citizen tonight in a free country.

Can somebody get me David Gallops contact details, please?
His address where his office is?
Can someone help me?

The hell if I'm not aloud to have my say on this game!
I grew up on this sh*t!
I'm not taking this.

The ANZ stadium has f*cked itself tonight and I will not step foot near that place again if they're going to do this to Australians.

Don't tell me I can't have a sense of humour!

Are you hearing me, people? They've stripped us of our fun.
You're not aloud to enjoy yourself anymore.

I'll tell you more about this tomorrow at 2pm when I do my 'Game Day' preview and how today went down.
I have photo's of my good time right up until I stepped foot in that sh*thouse.

My faith in Rugby League has been shattered tonight, guys.
I feel let down.

I know I come across as a smart arse 98% of the time but I'm lost for words right now and doing my best not to hurt anyone.

I'll tell you what....I'm gonna go home now and put on a big smile in front of my folks and pretend it didn't effect me tonight.
In truth, all tonight I won't sleep and I'll just run the rejection through my mind over and over and over.

It was humiliating in the train coming home just then, everybody looking at me asking what my sign meant.
The odd expressions of this dickhead holding a large arse banner in an over packed train.
What's he doing.

My boat has been rocked tonight, guys.

I ask that you all boycott ANZ Stadium Homebush from here on in if they're going to f*ck the heart and soul of this game.

Mother f*cking killjoys killing our fun.

I'm done.

Last edited:

Angry_eel

First Grade
Why didn't u just throw the banner in the bin and went to the game anyway? Surely a banner is not worth that much to you.

St. Brett

Juniors
The ANZ Stadium Homebush doesn't want a bar of knowing the truth.

They don't want to hear it straight.

I bet when they saw me poking fun at their stadium last time with my 'No Vacancy' sign they made a note of it.

ANZ Homebush don't want us fans to admit that their ground is a joke and they kill anyones attempt at enjoyment.

ANZ Stadium condones killjoy behaviour.
They're ordered to kill anybody fun.

They'll never admit that they get sh*t attendance.

Last Friday and Saturday Dragons Vs Panfers and Raiders Vs Dogs attracted less than 10K combined.

They'll lie about the attendance to make themselves look good.
They won't admit to defeat and that we hate their ground.

Boycott that merkin of a place people!

I ask you to follow my lead and tell them to shove it up their coits.

This is far from over and I'm going to shout my lungs out tomorrow.

Come tomorrow I'm telling Gallop himself what that f*cking stadium is doing to us.

Yer, that's right, we're the ones who make this game what it is.
Without us that ANZ stadium can go f*ck itself.

brad_19

Juniors
Lol. No offence mate but I can't picture too many companies that would allow you to take into their business something that will defame the company, especially in a public forum. While I admire your passion and, I agree, it is pretty funny, you have to see where their coming from. Still though, I reckon it's a pretty sad state when you can't voice your opinion. Kudos for giving it a shot.

St. Brett

Juniors
Angry Eel

I'm taking a stand and firmly believe in my own press.
I'm making a statement that us fans are letting Rugby League down and that ANZ homebush is a bigger contributor to the downfall in attendance.

That ground is killing Rugby League.

We're the laughing stock of Football overall and some piddly piss ants like Soccer last night at ANZ stadium Homebush in a dead rubber where 70K fans showed up to watch a 1-nil score line make us look like nimrods when we can't even draw 5K people to ANZ.

We have the best game in the world and people aren't attending and that giant white elephant can go f**k itself!
It's a contributor.
Don't tell me what I can do or bring to a game!
Don't restrict my actions!

Death to ANZ Stadium.

If you're down with that place then f*ck you too.

My sign meant a lot to me.
I was making another point tonight.

It wasn't about that game (that's being played right now) it was about my message.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
Source: mrpotatoemash

The poor kid, they should have let him in with his bloody sign.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ribs

Bench
They have the sh*ts because their toilet is losing money.

They underwrite 20,000 spectators no matter how many arrive and hope to profit on parking and food etc.

Unfortunately people have realised that you dont pay 12 dollars for a sh*t, cold, dry hot dog and a coke.

The quicker they go under the better.

Knight87

Juniors
Angry Eel

I'm taking a stand and firmly believe in my own press.
I'm making a statement that us fans are letting Rugby League down and that ANZ homebush is a bigger contributor to the downfall in attendance.

That ground is killing Rugby League.

We're the laughing stock of Football overall and some piddly piss ants like Soccer last night at ANZ stadium Homebush in a dead rubber where 70K fans showed up to watch a 1-nil score line make us look like nimrods when we can't even draw 5K people to ANZ.

We have the best game in the world and people aren't attending and that giant white elephant can go f**k itself!
It's a contributor.
Don't tell me what I can do or bring to a game!
Don't restrict my actions!

Death to ANZ Stadium.

If you're down with that place then f*ck you too.

My sign meant a lot to me.
I was making another point tonight.

It wasn't about that game (that's being played right now) it was about my message.

So, you don't think there was 9,000 each at Dragons/Panthers and Bulldogs/Raiders? And if you don't want matches played at ANZ Stadium, then where should the matches be played at then? If no new stadiums are built, how are you going to counteract ANZ Stadium giving handouts to Sydney teams? Also, how do you believe ANZ Stadium is killing Rugby League?

coolumsharkie

Referee
I agree with what your saying about it destroying our game but it's a privately owned stadium and they can do what they like.

Keep fighting the good fight though, some of your other threads have been average tbh but i do feel your pain in the fact that we are getting too politically correct with almost everything in society today.

Subdue the masses is the call from the latte sipping, salad eating, righteous folk.

It wont last though, except for maybe some future AFL matches.

Last edited:

St. Brett

Juniors
Ribs and Brad_19

Thanks guys.
I'm going home.

Wanna know how much my sense of humour runs?

I'm that much of a half-wit that I sport the number -1 on my Magpies jersey.
Yes, that's right, minus one on my back tonight.

I don't understand properly when we're silenced.

I need somebody to get me David Gallops details please.
This isn't over.

Going home.

St. Brett

Juniors
CoolumSharkie

They're turning people away with draconian rules.

I hear next year The Bulldogs will be the only ones using that sh*thouse.
They can have it and eat their f*cking cake too.

I hear it's built on a f*cking recycled swamp anyway.
F*cking sand people nothing mother f*ckers.