What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ian Schubert aka Salary Cap Compliance Manager

adamkungl

Immortal
Why would we need to cheat when former players know they can get a cushy job any time? Pointless.
Fitzy is probably getting $1.6 mil a year for running the water.
Mini a new car every week for popping up at half-time occasionally.
I'm sure Freddy's coaching deal in 2008-09 is back paid for the next 3 decades.

Cheating is an amateur club's game. Politis is pulling strings you people can't even imagine. Brown paper bags lol

Spot On

Coach
Is this fake f**king news?????

Ian Schubert???

Why would any club associate themselves with a cap audit done by Ian Schubert???

He failed to find the systematic rorting at Melbourne over years and the Roosters believe his name will provide credibilty to this stupid stunt?

Oh, on second thoughts.... if there is a problem he'll be no chance of finding it.

Well played Nick.

Wonder what Toddy thinks of it all. Bit of a boot to the NRL imo.

YoungPanther

Juniors
**Stop Press**
The NRL have advised the Roosters they need to spend up to their allocated cap for this year, or risk receiving a lower allocation next year.
The Roosters have responded that they have endeavoured to sign Jonathon Thurston, Cameron Smith, Tyson Frizell and Matt Scott with their remaining $750K but were advised by those players respective clubs that they are under contract for 2018. As such the Roosters will not be spending any further.
It was noted however that it is likely Chris Smith will move on at the end of 2018, allowing a $2M war chest for 2019, whereby the 4 aforementioned players, along with Sam Burgess and DCE will all join the Roosters for 2019. There may be a possibility of further signings but the Roosters are a tad concerned, with the inclusion of these 6 players, they may be approaching their cap limit.

OVP

Coach
I am hearing that Ian has already found a spare $1.8M that we didn't know we aren't spending.

What an astute acquisition. Employee of the year.

Month imo
Homeremp.gif

T.S Quint

Coach
Lol that literally just proved what I said.

Also the 2016 cap scandal was for cheating the cap years before 2015. So lol

What the f**k are you talking about:

No he was brought in to help get you under the cap after you'd been caught cheating.

You said he was hired after we were caught cheating. We were caught in 2016. Schubert was hired in 2015. Nothing I posted proves what you said.

Latest posts